Author Topic: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Hand Wound  (Read 11331 times)

Offline davidtth

Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Hand Wound
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »
Was thought that my GS would be last (6th piece) in this year, but hack, here comes 7th piece and my very 1st German watch this year before end of 2012  :Laughing_on_floor:

Been eying on flieger watch awhile ago, came by few brands like IWC mark 13, B&R vintage, Laco, and many more. I'm pretty lucky to got this piece without waiting, a usual order from Stowa waiting time should be 3month, the Stowa Flieger Baumuster B with ETA 2801-2 hand winding movement. Basically it should come by ETA 2824 Auto, which i less prefer as the rotor blocking half of the movement viewing, in fact, i love hand winding watch as it keeps me remember how long ago i've been using the watch and when is the next wind (good for brain exercise? LOL )

for so many brand that i had it on hand tried out, Stowa would be the best for bucks in terms of quality, case polish and finish, case size and height, best part is the nice looking of ETA 2801 movement on see thru case. Most of flieger watch comes by 42mm above, this Stowa comes at 40mm which is greatly suite for dress watch, thin in case make it looks gentle yet sporty look. In terms of case polishing and finishing quality, i would dare to say its best compare to most of german watch like Laco, Steinheart and Aristo. Archimede would be the only brand that near to Stowa as far i tried.

as usual, i'd always change to other straps (originally should be old style brown which is nicer look) and keep the original well. I'm surprise with the original strap was interesting design compare to the pix shown in their official website. I've changed it to grey as i always like the B&R Commando look, how i wish i could paint the dial to vintage brown so i can copy cat design from B&R vintage model :p

striking blue polished hand with luminous on center, hour and minute hand designed in a very short and very long helps easy time reading.

FI 23883, additional cost for engraving this words, is the iconic number for flieger watch and a must have :p

ETA 2801-2 hand winding movement, decorated and fine adjusted by Stowa. Running on avg +3 sec per day so far, no COSC cert but i believe is close to it, additional cost for COSC cert for auto movement are available as well

few more pix of the movement, very small and well detail :)

lastly the luminous. it cover every single minute, and even the 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 words as well the flieger arrow on the 12o'clock

lastly, had this watch for 3rd days, sit nicely on my hand and very comfort with the leather strap, small and light weight watch, thin enough to have my cuff hide up the watch.

my next? perhaps Nomos or go higher end like Glashutte Original. Lange is still only can dream for now... :p

Spec below are copy from official Stowa website

Dimensions

Diameter:   40.00 mm
Height:  10.20 mm
Strap width:  20 mm
Lug-to-Lug size:  48.60 mm
Waterproof:  up to 5 ATM
Weight:   70 gr. (leather strap), about 120 gr. (metal bracelet)

Materiality
Case:  Stainless steel, fine matt, grinded by hand
Dial:  black matt, white printed, Superluminova C3
Crystals:  Front sapphire crystal domed and sapphire display case back
Hands:  Temperature-blued steel, Superluminova C3
Strap:  Leather strap or metal bracelet
Crown:  Stainless steel onion crown

Movement
Caliber:  ETA 2801-2
Mechanism:  hand wind
Half vibrations: 28,000 A/H
Function:  hour, minutes and central second complication
Power Reserve:  approximately 40 hours
Number of jewels:  17

Offline ramlan

Re: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Hand Wound
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
Congrat on your new watch. Look lovely

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Nice B-Uhr! Always love the B dial... :)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
Well done! Nice watch.

BTW :thumbsup: 7 is a lucky number for some people!
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »
The finishing of the movement is top notch bro :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline davidtth

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
thanks ramlan, wristsolution, meoramri and jacky8888 :)

yeah B dial is more unique look in flieger compare to A

lucky 7 is good number :D

yeah, for the price you paid is totally worth the quality and total finishing of the watch, done (by only one master, Jorg Schauer?) who took time to make every single piece slow and nice :)

Offline Jeffrey8891

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
some wrist shot please with your wrist size quoted ... =)

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
here you go Jeffrey, 40mm on my small wrist :)

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »
oh man this is lovely! love the design of the 3 hands, easy to read and from just a glimpse to the watch. staring at the long hand ticking is just as enjoyable hehehe... :p

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline davidtth

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
oh man this is lovely! love the design of the 3 hands, easy to read and from just a glimpse to the watch. staring at the long hand ticking is just as enjoyable hehehe... :p

ticking sounds is crisp and clear, nice to hear when bored :p

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 06:45:20 AM »
Congrat on your new Stowa Flieger watch.
Love the finishing and it looks handsome on your wrist too.

Cheers.  :thumbsup: