Author Topic: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date - Help on further info  (Read 6593 times)

Offline kjse7en

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date - Help on further info
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm not really into Rolex but have one from my late Grandfather. Would really appreciate knowledgeable folks around here to let me know more info about this jewel...

1) Model number
2) Production year (or era)
3) Case material (i note there's an 18k mark behind the case, does this signify gold?)
4) I trust this is an authentic piece as couple of years back this was sent to Rolex for repair/service (couldn't find the receipt though)
5) What is the price this jewel could fetch
6) Other info appreciated
7) Any website that has info about this watch

Some photos:

Thank you...

Offline Godzillaz

Re: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date - Help on further info
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
Have some one remove the leather band and you'll see the serial number and model number between the lug. The longer number is the serials. With them you can date and identify the watch. Then looking for hallmark on your watch to confirm it's a real gold case.

Hope this help

Regard
Tyler

PS, You're on your own on how much the watch is worth.

Offline kjse7en

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Great, Thanks Tyler!

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:27:27 PM »
 Hi kj ,Like Tyler said take off the strap. 12 Between the lugs :model nos  , 6 between the lugs: serial nos... If it comes complete with box n paper with original strap n buckle , it will be MORE or LESS  Rm 19 k depending on condition. regards tony

Offline kjse7en

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
Hi kj ,Like Tyler said take off the strap. 12 Between the lugs :model nos  , 6 between the lugs: serial nos... If it comes complete with box n paper with original strap n buckle , it will be MORE or LESS  Rm 19 k depending on condition. regards tony

Thanks Tony!

Serial number starts with W. I did a quick web search and its around year 1994-1996.

The model is 18238 and I gather that this is actually a double quickset date. The single quickset date is 18038.

Yep, comes with box and papers, original Rolex leather strap and original Rolex gold buckle.

Do you think double quickset date enhances the price further?

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Yes i think it does a little, but there are some that prefer tradition.   I see that you are from Pg (Hoh Boh) so am I. regards tony..

Offline kjse7en

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Yes i think it does a little, but there are some that prefer tradition.   I see that you are from Pg (Hoh Boh) so am I. regards tony..

chin hoh...kam siah!

But haze coming back these few days...we need more rain  :Mad:

haha, thanks again Tony!