Author Topic: your top 10k - 15k starter watch ?  (Read 12326 times)

Offline ivanpei

Re: your top 10k - 15k starter watch ?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 06:42:28 AM »
If you are not particular about resale as much and prefer a new watch any Omega Seamaster will be a good deal in the 10-15k range, plus will be NEW. An 8500 PO might be out of range but the 300m or Aquaterra are all under 15k.

Used Sub/GMT can only get the non-ceramic models which IMO not worth it. I have a Bond Seamaster and the clasp/bracelet is fantastic along with an all around solid feel. I was handling my dad's non-ceramic sub and it felt tinny to me with a really crappy clasp. I felt like the Seamaster was a better watch for less money.

I also have a GMT2c and it is a great improvement over the old GMT. The clasp is fantastic, and so is the bracelet and the overall feel of the watch.

At 10-15k I'd go Omega Seamaster. I would go 2nd hand Rolex GMT/Sub Ceramic at above 20k. I don't like the idea of paying 15-18k for an older model Rolex when I can get a new Seamaster.

Offline adit_up

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
Seiko 5 , which is affordable price and also has g good movement for beginner.

Offline STT1987

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »
If you want to go Japanese, Seiko 5 is a very wide range - some of the lower end watches have a cheap look and feel to them. The drawback IMHO, are that Seikos are very "common", if you can afford 10k-15k; go Swiss. Just my opinion.

However, I love my monsters and frankentuna gems.
Step up a bit and get a Black (SKX779) or Orange (SKX781) Monster.
My personal favorite is the SKZ255K1 all black Frankentuna.

Google the model numbers for images. You won't be disappointed.
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
Really not sure if i should congratulate you or otherwise, this poison spread fast and it wont take long before you will start looking for another baby.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Anyway, wear it in good health.  :thumbsup:
I am broke but I am happy...