Author Topic: any1 know 'Wong kum' in central market?  (Read 8525 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
any1 know 'Wong kum' in central market?
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:29:46 AM »
my friend saw a iwc ingineur amg sit at that shop for few months...
2 months ago he asked, they offered him rm11.8k
any1 know them? i think this watch look good....

i saw few guys trying to sell this iwc ingineur amg.... but price reduced from usd3k to to usd2695 for months also not sold!

why it doesnt sell well compare to non amg st version?

Offline Scott C.

Re: any1 know 'Wong kum' in central market?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
David and I know this guy. His watch is OK but the used watches selling there are not as good as Lam in my opinion. If the price is good, can consider because he sell genuine watches...

I will suggest your friend to bargain harder, he might reduce from 11.8 to 11K..or even lower...

I think most of the collector will not like the AMG version, personally, i don't like...it's like advertise for them...i rather take the normal/standard version :D.. it's not surprise why it can't sell unless the price is real cheap..

Offline sshark

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
Is it with Chorograph or just plain? I like the SS version better though it is heavier :)

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
Yes, I know Wong Kim at the Central Market. I bought quite a number of watches from him. He be most happy to see 'me' to drop by.

Matter of fact, I bought my IWC ref 3521 from him at a fantastic deal. I also saw that IWC amg version at his place. The price first quoted was at around rm16k. But then you have to know him well in order to deal with him. Know your wares first and give him your price to further negotiate with him. He has 2 assistants, one is Mr Chin and the other is Melvin (Chin will boost his price where Melvin is more honest. Merlin will even tell you what is wrong with any particular watch you maybe interested in).

Be more daring when dealing / negotiating a price. Give him your quote...low and slowly work out a fair price. Ask what he have inside his safe. Normally hidden away from non-regular customer.

Best luck
DC
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:30:54 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
seems u guys know them also....
i do not like them especially chin, like u say... his price is sky rocket high, and when u ask why and it should be lower... then he said he sold same even higher...

i remember few yrs ago i ask him to quote for a oris... with model and every details given, he quoted.... but when i brought over he refuse to pay as agreed.... i'm furius and quarrel with him...

i also bought a few vintage watches from them few yrs ago.... but after the incident i dont feel like talk to them....

my friend said the other guy quoted rm11.8k..... then chin asked for rm21k after few wks.... chin also quote him rolex gmt ii at rm24.5k...

lol.... i like the iwc amg look.... the ti color look tougher... but i do not like the light weight as well....unless price really attractive... otherwise i also prefer st version...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »
Yeah, that chin first quoted for my iwc at over rm20k and thats crazy. but Melvin give me a more down to earth price. And I closed the sales with the boss..wong kim.

By the way, Lam had the same model (IWC amg) for sale at rm12k (with tit bracelet) but was already sold when I visited him last week.
DC
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:37:14 PM by David_cheong »
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »
Yeah, that chin first quoted for my iwc at over rm20k and thats crazy. but Melvin give me a more down to earth price. And I closed the sales with the boss..wong kim.

By the way, Lam had the same model (IWC amg) for sale at rm12k (with tit bracelet) but was already sold when I visited him last week.
DC

rm12k with bracelet is good price... thats why i told my friend to bargain with wong kim.... rm11k should be ok... but just now he said he angry with them... he prefer not to deal with them!