Author Topic: Public Security  (Read 16888 times)

Offline fidoneo

Re: Public Security
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
Hi all.
Things aren't any better in the once peaceful town of Ipoh.
There's a ruthless gang that's been going around collecting 'proctection' fee.
And I thought that's a thing of the past.  :(
They target restaurants and other businesses which depends on walk in customers.
2 particular incidences when the businesses don't pay up - they smashed up a well-known restaurant in Menglembu and send a gang of 8, with guns, to rob the guests during a wedding dinner at another well-known restaurant in Pasir Putih.
The police stations in both cases were only 5 minutes away but, as usual, they arrived much later - after the gangsters have left.  :Scolding:
When asked what are the police going to do, an officer replied 'itu gangsters ada pistol, apa boleh kita buat?!'  :Mad:
Ipoh mali, not such a nice town anymore...... :thumbsdown:

Oh my . That's pretty bad in Ipoh huh bro...

Take care man
Sig sauer p2022 - luminor Marina
Sig Sauer p229 - Radiomir Black seal

A combination of handguns with timepieces

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »

Etp here only transform the water meter maker to b mrt contractor...

is LRT i believed  :Laughing_on_floor:

Sorry. . It's LRT extension Contractor to be exact !

So ETP successful!

JANJI DITETAPI

No goverment is a perfect goverment .

When you are at the top . It's hard to suppressed these little napoleon's at the bottom .

Offline JPamAP

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »
Hi all.
They target restaurants and other businesses which depends on walk in customers.
2 particular incidences when the businesses don't pay up - they smashed up a well-known restaurant in Menglembu and send a gang of 8, with guns, to rob the guests during a wedding dinner at another well-known restaurant in Pasir Putih.
The police stations in both cases were only 5 minutes away but, as usual, they arrived much later - after the gangsters have left.  :Scolding:
When asked what are the police going to do, an officer replied 'itu gangsters ada pistol, apa boleh kita buat?!'  :Mad:

Heard the news when I balik kampung, Ipoh mari ma......my parents told me about that too..they put a road block after the incident. Do you think it helps ? I really doubt. .these was what mentioned, government fault...gangster ada pistol, cari makan saja

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:36 AM »
^ even ipoh, a quiet town like that also kena, this is sad  :Blue:
need to shift my retirement home to elsewhere then

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
Hi all.

Heard the news when I balik kampung, Ipoh mari ma......my parents told me about that too..they put a road block after the incident. Do you think it helps ? I really doubt. .these was what mentioned, government fault...gangster ada pistol, cari makan saja

Oh my this is really bad ...

Take care man  :Praying:

Offline kiamat

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
several years ago i was robbed by 6 boys - 5 teenagers and 1 in his 20s. the one in his 20s armed with knife.

i did something very stupid by not giving up my watch, wallet and bag.

they ran off with my bag because i could not chased after them.

the people seated nearby did not help me during the tussle because one of them keeps telling all the passerby that i am rude and a racist.

i could not sleep that night because i was so angry.

for the next 2 weeks i waited at the same spot during the same hour and hoping for any of them to show up again.

why i stopped? well, i have to thank my friends for slapping sense into me thick skull.

come to think of it the watch is not even rolex or lange. its paul picot LOL

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:46 PM »
feel so sorry to hear this story especially when people decide whether to help by their own judgement instead of who is the victim. I couldn't sleep too if same thing happen to me. 

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:42 AM »
Found the Chinese new village near my house now upgraded!

Now a

Guarded new village!!!!
Main entrance with drop gate n guard at night now
Secondary access with drop gate close totally at night!!!

Offline yinhonwong

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »
Salak South? Quite upmarket now leh!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
people fail to realise the fact that enclosing yourselves in self-made prisons and installing drop-gates or employing guards is just a false sense of security.

a long time ago, castles in England used to build moats around their high walls and felt safe inside... until someone came along and found a way around it.

at the end of the day, it all boils down to this simple business tactic/fact...  if you have a product to sell, you need to CREATE a market.

Offline yinhonwong

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
Thanks, but, I miss the point. Can u pls elaborate? ???

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »
Found the Chinese new village near my house now upgraded!

Now a

Guarded new village!!!!
Main entrance with drop gate n guard at night now
Secondary access with drop gate close totally at night!!!

60 years ago, the colonial government (forcibly) moved these folks to the new villages (inspired in some ways by the ghettos of pre WWII Germany for sure) to keep these folks locked in with soldiers patrolling the perimeters. Now the decendants of these villagers have to guard their village by locking out unwelcomed visitors, this time with security guards at the perimeters. Cruel twist of fate.   

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

So ETP successful!

JANJI DITETAPI

When you are at the top . It's hard to suppressed these little napoleon's at the bottom .

Hey ! This is regarding top top top top top top man... No one above him!!!
Not little napoleons down there

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Salak South? Quite upmarket now leh!

Bkt angkat

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »

So ETP successful!

JANJI DITETAPI

Hey ! This is regarding top top top top top top man... No one above him!!!
Not little napoleons down there

Hey ! I was referring to him and yes it's the top top top top man !

Offline dpkong

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »
Thanks, but, I miss the point. Can u pls elaborate? ???

this forum will probably ban me if i do. anyway, if i have to explain it, it will probably be too hard to comprehend.

think of it this way.. when there is demand, there is supply. all those security appliances contractors and "security guards" will have a hard time selling if there is no market...

Offline kiamat

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »
back in the 70s and mid 80s, the sense of community efforts to patrol your own housing areas was very strong.

as a kid i would tag along with my dad when it was his turn to patrol the neighbourhood with others.

at the end of the patrol, we had freshly brew coffee (none of those gourmet coffee served by starbucks) and ying yong roti bakar at kopitiam.

neighbours that balik kampung or go on long vacation will pass their house keys to relatives living nearby. while they are away their pets get fed, plants are watered, porch lights are switch off during the day and switch when dusk sets in.

i guess this is not so practical today.

some of my friends don't even know their neighbours' name and background. yet some of them have the audacity to badmouth on their neighbours poor taste of landscaping or house extension, companions they bring home during the wee hours, etc etc  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

one of my friend, she bought a place in bamboo river and she said she likes the idea of not having fencing. i told her we malaysian are not ready with this type of concept. true. months later she complained about her neighbour's plants growing to her side of the lawn and her neighbour complained about her children stomping on their imported grass, etc etc.

it is ironic that as a foreigner i feel safe walking alone middle of the night in a foreign cities like singapore and shanghai yet i fear for my safety in my own hometown during the day.

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »

60 years ago, the colonial government (forcibly) moved these folks to the new villages (inspired in some ways by the ghettos of pre WWII Germany for sure) to keep these folks locked in with soldiers patrolling the perimeters. Now the decendants of these villagers have to guard their village by locking out unwelcomed visitors, this time with security guards at the perimeters. Cruel twist of fate.   
[/quote]

the new village concept was apparently to block the villagers from passing food, medicine, etc. to the commies