Author Topic: Polishing watch  (Read 13806 times)

Offline arsene

• Freshie
Polishing watch
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »
Hi all, i am new here. Nice to meet you all. I am interested in polishing watch myself but i don have any knowledge of it. i found out that using Autosol is very effective to make watches shine again (i tried it with my cheap watch, haha) but it still cant remove deep scratches. Anyone here can share their knowledge and experience in polishing watch?

Offline nwsiah

Re: Polishing watch
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »
I would like to know how too if anyone is kind enough to share with us.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »

Offline Bobo Chia (Risen)

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:12 AM »

Actually, polishing really is a professionalism knowledge and need skill, for the normal minor scratches, of course you can using such autosol, brasso, etc..

But for the "big case", you need some professional to help you, better
You can whatapps me 012 609 5276
Thanks

Offline Lachlan Chase

• I like ECO friendly Wooden watches.
    • Wewood Watch
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
Hey,
Actually I am new.  I don't know about it. But I wanna know about watch polishing. I am very happy joined for with you.
Thanks.

Offline arsene

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
ya i understand the autosol is just to polish the minor scratches.. haha.. but i love doing it.. btw.. is there any professional in malaysia that provide the polish service?

Offline ingchoon

• Merchants
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »
hi,maybe can help a bit  here.i'm a proffesional watch polisher.a simple advise here.to polish a watch proffesionally,you will need a lot of proffesional tools.i will take photo of some common tools used and different polishing compound next time.
using autosol only can make your watch looks shinner but in other way also ruin your watch shape or angle if you polish in a wrong direction or wrong way.in watch polishing ,there are three different finishing

first * mirror shine
second * hairline brush
third * sand blast

to do some home polishing,you will need at least three different grid of sand paper,lets says 400,1000 and 1500.use the smaller grid to remove the deep scratches follor by the bigger grid.finnally by 1500 or 2000 untill all the deep scratches removed after all this,polish it with autosol with some cotton cloth.this parts is for mirror shine finish.

for hairline finish,home diy can use different sand paper grid to archieve the hairline result.

sand blast can only be done by sand blast machine inside chamber

all the polishing tips above just as tips,if you damage your own watch,dont blame me.againt,good job need years of experience..

will piost the photo when i am free

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
hi,maybe can help a bit  here.i'm a proffesional watch polisher.a simple advise here.to polish a watch proffesionally,you will need a lot of proffesional tools.i will take photo of some common tools used and different polishing compound next time.
using autosol only can make your watch looks shinner but in other way also ruin your watch shape or angle if you polish in a wrong direction or wrong way.in watch polishing ,there are three different finishing

first * mirror shine
second * hairline brush
third * sand blast

to do some home polishing,you will need at least three different grid of sand paper,lets says 400,1000 and 1500.use the smaller grid to remove the deep scratches follor by the bigger grid.finnally by 1500 or 2000 untill all the deep scratches removed after all this,polish it with autosol with some cotton cloth.this parts is for mirror shine finish.

for hairline finish,home diy can use different sand paper grid to archieve the hairline result.

sand blast can only be done by sand blast machine inside chamber

all the polishing tips above just as tips,if you damage your own watch,dont blame me.againt,good job need years of experience..

will piost the photo when i am free

hi ingchoon, do u operate shop which polish watches ? i might need to send a watch for polishing

Offline ingchoon

• Merchants
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:41:18 PM »
Yes,I did.watch watch would you like to polish?

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
a Ball engineer II moon glow, the watch belongs to my uncle, has been his daily beater for around 5 years. It is quite beat up, the crown cant screw in. Mind pm me your shop address ?

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
I POSTED THE POLISHING TOOLS PHOTO AS I PROMISED ON A NEW TOPIC (POLISHING TOOLS)

:thumbsup:

Offline watchfreak

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
I've used autosol last night wanted to remove scratches from the highly polished PAM finishing but eventually created even more scratches. What should I do now?

Offline ongks1

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »
Dear Ingchoon,

Where is your shop. I need to get an Omega for polishing.

Regards

Offline SeaDwellerR

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
I've used autosol last night wanted to remove scratches from the highly polished PAM finishing but eventually created even more scratches. What should I do now?

I tried Autosol and it doesn't work as well... :Blue:

Lucky thing i tried it on some "scrap" metal...

Offline SeaDwellerR

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:41 PM »

Kheekuan.

You may want to try CAPE COD polishing cloth.

People claim that it is good for highly polished metal.

Offline watchfreak

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »

Kheekuan.

You may want to try CAPE COD polishing cloth.

People claim that it is good for highly polished metal.

thanks for the recommendation.. I've gotte myself a Cape Cod polishing cloth, personally I see very minor improvement.. Mother's Mag & Aluminium polish simply does the job but still requires refinement.. autosol is totally out & does more damage than improvement IMHO

Offline skuirtgun

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 04:26:08 PM »
Autosol is abrasive and are meant to polish aluminum, not for shiny stainless steel watches.