Author Topic: Anyone own a vintage Titoni?  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Godzillaz

Anyone own a vintage Titoni?
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:57:38 AM »
Looking for something for mother day. She used to own one it's given to her by her father(my grandfather). Sadly she lost it!

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Tyler

Offline Enkidu

Re: Anyone own a vintage Titoni?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Looking for something for mother day. She used to own one it's given to her by her father(my grandfather). Sadly she lost it!

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Tyler

A gift from your grandfather will be hard to substitute since there will be emotions attached to that watch which she lost. Buying her something similar is akin to reminding her of the watch that was lost and all the emotions that went with it. Better to get her something totally different and really, really expensive. You have so many expensive watches and you are only getting your mom a vintage Titoni (cosmo queen costs less that a strap on a JLC)????? C'mon man, I guess a JLC in full precious metal and diamonds will be more appropriate. Make her feel like Diane Kruger.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
Hehe ... ... how i wish it was that easy. She has those gem set watches that's why have to put effort to hunt for a vintage Titoni. Actually a vintage Titoni is anything but a cheaply put together watch. Back in the 50s/60s Titoni sell at a higher price that Rolex!

Believe or but that's a fact. Even an Omega Constellation is double if not few times more the price of a Rolex Subs.

I ain't being cheap.  ;) I'm just more considerate. :Laughing_on_floor:

Regards
Tyler

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Tyler

A gift from your grandfather will be hard to substitute since there will be emotions attached to that watch which she lost. Buying her something similar is akin to reminding her of the watch that was lost and all the emotions that went with it. Better to get her something totally different and really, really expensive. You have so many expensive watches and you are only getting your mom a vintage Titoni (cosmo queen costs less that a strap on a JLC)????? C'mon man, I guess a JLC in full precious metal and diamonds will be more appropriate. Make her feel like Diane Kruger.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
Tyler

There is a shop @ Summit USJ selling some nice non production (NOS) Titoni for both sexes.

PM me for more detail if interested.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline engkow

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
godzilla, i has one my mother left to me, a very small round watch gold plated titoni but without the strap ( it not the normal 10mm, it like a 4mm leather string/rope) something like that.

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
Titoni used to be an iconic brand last time. I think they are still very reliable these days. For the safety of my old folk, i actually bought him titoni and not rollie.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »
Titoni used to be an iconic brand last time. I think they are still very reliable these days. For the safety of my old folk, i actually bought him titoni and not rollie.

Get a titoni by all means but away from the cyclops. They could not differentiate from a distance. By then, it might be too late....my 2 cts

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »
certainly. I dont like poser or anything which looks like poser. lol
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline Vintimes

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
Titoni... Yes it was a brand that means quality and high class back in 60s/70s, interesting how branding and creativity set apart brands. I have a few Titoni as well, like most those watches during those time, i think ETA movement is very common. I used have many those old brands..pagol, Rado, Titoni, ... It is so sentimental ....but eventually let go, i might still a few more in my collection...not expensive vintage but sense of belonging to own one...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
My bro keeping one from my grandpa...
Still running strong