Author Topic: Any experience on Doxa?  (Read 4538 times)

Offline myric

Any experience on Doxa?
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »

Anyone has any experience with Doxa to share with? The sub looks charming...  :) Any AD in Malaysia?

Thanks.

Offline myric

Re: Any experience on Doxa?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »

Nobody had an experience with Doxa Sub?

I'm looking for a local AD instead of  sellers on the web, I want to be able to view the watch physically before decide.

Thanks in advance!

Offline kwok

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
saw a shop displaying a few model at Gurney Plaza, Penang but not sure it is an AD...

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
DOXA can be found in Sunway Pyramid...
cant remember the floor but the shop sells Issey Miyake, Orient and some fashion brands as well..
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
There are actually two differenct kinds of production for Doxa. Are you referring to the asian production or those orange dial dive watches?
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Awee

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
Hi, the famous orange dial Doxa sub series are only available for sale through their official website. As far as I know they are not sold in store. Some of the subs are limited edition. However you can still find pre-owned or new ones through the Bay. But be careful when you buy new from the Bay, the warranty is not transferable so you are not covered eventhough it is a new watch.

As for the doxa you see in our local shopping mall, they are the Asian mass produced models mostly quartz versions. 

Offline kltime

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »

Doxa has different line ups for its for the US and Asian markets. In the US its line up are primarily diver watches while its made for Asian line up is more varied,from dress/diver/chronos. Note that you won't find the Us diver models here in Asia and vice versa.Part of their marketing strategy I guess.

Having said that the basic diver model here(200m/standard ETA) is relatively affordable at about Tissot level pricing.

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
i've seen a few shops in Sg wang and pavilion selling this brand, never pay attention if it's AD

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »
i've seen a few shops in Sg wang and pavilion selling this brand, never pay attention if it's AD

Laktos kid is right, i noticed that too in SG Wang. Just drop by at the shop and check it out.
watchManU

Offline myric

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 05:58:30 PM »
Thanks all for your sharing, esp kltime, Awee & G.MAC

I didn't aware that there was actually diff line ups by Doxa; yes, I'm refering / interested only the Doxa sub series.

Looks like I'll have to drop this desirable watch, don't want to take risk to buy before viewing it physically.  :HammerHead:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 04:13:09 PM »
Thanks all for your sharing, esp kltime, Awee & G.MAC

I didn't aware that there was actually diff line ups by Doxa; yes, I'm refering / interested only the Doxa sub series.

Looks like I'll have to drop this desirable watch, don't want to take risk to buy before viewing it physically.  :HammerHead:

Doxa sub series only available online.