Author Topic: "My watch" moment  (Read 14506 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: "My watch" moment
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
i got my 1st PAM from an overseas AD. and of coz, i'm so in love with it that it nvr leave my wrist. during my flight back with Thai Airways, i heard some nice thai songs. i patiently waited for the air stewardess to pass by my seat and asked her for the singer's name or title of the song. after listening to the song, she replied 'i will tell the name if you give me your watch'. i gave her a smile, and she said 'nice watch'

smile only?? i would have said "give me your phone number and we can go shopping for one..."

it'll be wonderful isn't it? ...unfortunately, my wife was right next to me n we were on our way back fr our honeymoon :Laughing_on_floor:

ahhh.. back from honeymoon.. no more energy left.. understood.. hahahaha

Offline Bobo Chia (Risen)

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »
When the 1st omega on my hand, friends ask: why so expensive? Just a watch?
LOL
I told them: it's... "taste" :)
You can whatapps me 012 609 5276
Thanks

Offline Duke

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28:22 AM »
A girl in the office recognize me wearing a guess watch with orange leather straps and later next day wearing a seiko diver with orange dial. She said its rare to see a guy who likes orange color, and later i was called 'metrosexual'.. lol

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »
Not much I can remember but here goes.

Me and my friend were talking about he should service his rolex. The man had it for 9 years and never worn it more than 5 times so I told him about letting the watch run for few days will prolong the movement lifespan. His wife came over and comment on my watch (an AP Chrono) then tell her husband why do you get this watch.

The husband said "Honey, this way pass a Rolex"   
The wife reply "It look nice, you should get it."
She turn around and ask me the price.

I was embarrass to tell so simply put in a figure (maybe like 2x a Rolex Sub)

She put up a "ohh, ok ..." then slowly walk away.

I got a few more moments like this with this watch. Once a dude thought it was fake>  :Laughing_on_floor:

Regards
Tyler

Hi!

Maybe someone could share their watch experience? How to you describe that moment and make the watch even more valuable to you?

I don't own many watches. Just one Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and i am having a great time with it. But nothing memorable moment so far.

TQ

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
A girl in the office recognize me wearing a guess watch with orange leather straps and later next day wearing a seiko diver with orange dial. She said its rare to see a guy who likes orange color, and later i was called 'metrosexual'.. lol

She was obviously trying to get warm with you; I trust you got the message and took the opportunity to "get to know her better" (you know what I mean)......ahem....ahem....ahem.... ;) ;) ;)

Offline Duke

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »

She was obviously trying to get warm with you; I trust you got the message and took the opportunity to "get to know her better" (you know what I mean)......ahem....ahem....ahem.... ;) ;) ;)

Well, dont want to stick to one, better make myself available to others as well..  :laugh:

(joking)

Offline Cocas

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »
i got my 1st PAM from an overseas AD. and of coz, i'm so in love with it that it nvr leave my wrist. during my flight back with Thai Airways, i heard some nice thai songs. i patiently waited for the air stewardess to pass by my seat and asked her for the singer's name or title of the song. after listening to the song, she replied 'i will tell the name if you give me your watch'. i gave her a smile, and she said 'nice watch'

Very nice move :thumbsup:

I will try it next time.

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »
kena tiau by my fadder got la..

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 08:07:52 PM »
Hi!

Maybe someone could share their watch experience? How to you describe that moment and make the watch even more valuable to you?

I don't own many watches. Just one Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and i am having a great time with it. But nothing memorable moment so far.

TQ

I was admired for my Seiko' s military watch by a "leng lui" saying "what a nice watch you have there. Can I see it closely?"
Well, the feeling I get is "Wah! Seiko also want to see, ar? It's not a Rollie or Pam or a PP but my daily beater, Seiko.

Then, the other day, I was wearing my Swatch dive watch (got this donkey years ago, now no more in production) and was at a cafe in SS2, PJ. A group of youngster came over and admired my Swatch. One of them said, "Hey, Uncle, cool watch there! Can see in the dark summore", another one" Must be expensive one", and another asked "How much is the watch and where to get,ar?"
I was laughing in my heart, as the cafe ambience is dimlit lit and my lume is still as bright as ever (for a 20 year old watch). I answered them that this is an old watch by Swatch and probably the newer edtion has many more improvements compared to what I had.
If people call me Uncle I sure no tiu them oredi

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 08:09:31 AM »
Hrmmm. Don't have a watch moment really. Maybe one day will get one. But I don't want someone to recognize me for a watch that is common. Eg: Rolex, AP, PP etc. If I wear something like a JLC or Lange or Journe and they compliment me... now that would be something.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline Cocas

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:25 PM »
There was once I wore Steinhart ocean GMT black/red bezel eating out at one open air restaurant. After pick my table and passby a group of youngsters. Believe some of them had a glance at my watch and they were chit chat.

But then I overheard these: "wow...that uncle fake Rolex look so real one, don't know how much he got it and from where...."

I was like Hur..... :o

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 05:37:04 AM »
Weird, just got my 'watch moment' a second ago. One of the employees in my office said that my watch was damn nice. Wearing a Seiko 5.  ;D
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1