Author Topic: Tissot T005.517a Quadrato Quartz Chronogrpah  (Read 9766 times)

Offline Jeffrey8891

• Freshie
Tissot T005.517a Quadrato Quartz Chronogrpah
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Hello to all members,
this is my very first review on a watch that I had recently purchased. Please do show some mercy as I don't have
any experience in reviewing a watch.

First, I would like to start off by saying that I am kinda into squared face watch after I bought a Casio Digital/Analog
watch back in the 2008. Somehow I feel that square face watch looks less ordinary than the usual round watches
that we see everyday. However, I am not saying that round watches are bad looking, the are good looking, just that
square face watch are less common and I find it more special.

Anyway, let's start with the review. I never know of this model existed before I really seen it on one of the watch shop
nearby where I am staying. From the first time I laid my eyes on it, I loved it. I tried to google it and was looking more
info about it but I couldn't. Even pictures of it is hard to find, only those in low resolution. I later found out that this
line of Quadrato is of older line and less famous among other Tissot models like the Touch and Seastars line.
Here's the watch anyway:

As you can see from the photo, the watch is off brown face with blue second hand for the chronograph function. There
are other colour variants from the same model but I like this the most. The date is located between 4 & 5. The bottom
sub-dial is the running seconds for the time while the sub-dial on the upper right is 1/10th of second with the right being
the minutes for chronograph function. If I am not mistaken from what I had worked out, the chronograph function only
runs for 29:59 which is a shame given the price of this watch. My cheaper Seiko Chronograph can runs up to 11:59:59.
The crown is a bit tight compared to my Seiko but maybe that's down to it being new and my Seiko which is already five
years since I bought it. Also the crown has less grip maybe of it being chrome which I do have problem turning it with
my (sometimes) oily fingers. Moving on to the pushers, for the pushers at 2 o'clock, when it is being pressed for starting
the chronograph function, it is tight and some pressure. It doesn't have a soft feel like the Seiko. I am not saying it does
not feel pleasant, just a different feeling but still I would prefer otherwise. The 4 o'clock pushers are the same as the
former but both pushers are easily reach as it is big and covers larger ares.

The diameter of the watch is an akward 39.5mm with 22mm lug diameter. I don't know about the lug-to-lug dimension,
sorry. By dimension, this is not a big watch but as it is square it may looks larger. As shown at the picture below alongside
with my seiko chronograph that is 40mm diameter without crown.

The leather strap is very nice which is not polished and dark brown in colour. It looks nice and match the watch perfectly.
The case thickness is 11.55mm, the photo below shows the thickness of the case:

The buckling of the leather strap is not of the conventional method where it just buckle up. I don't know what it is called
but her is the photo of it.

It still make use of conventional holes which you can have extra punched which I did as I only have a 6" wrist. Anyway,
this is the wrist shot of me wearing it:

This type of buckling method was supposed to prevent the leather strap being damaged or should I say prolong the
lifespan of the leather strap. However I do have some doubts about it as wrinkles has already start forming with it being
bend everytime I wear the watch. Time will only tell how this works out eventually. On another matter, the steel
structure that clicks both ends of the straps together do hurts my wrist from time to time.

In conclusion, I like this watch very much. Although it is not an Automatic watch but it does put up with better time
keeping with i notice a change in 5 sec over a week. I love the look of it, it is casual enough yet suitable for formal
occassions. I am not fond about the low count of chronograph as I do not use it much often. The watch is obvious in
dark condition as it does not has obvious lumes but only some small ones. However, under well lit areas, the watch can
quite eye catching.

Please do give some response about the watch. Thank you... ;)

Offline Godzillaz

Re: Tissot T005.517a Quadrato Quartz Chronogrpah
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
thanks for the good review.

I have preference on chronograph counter that doesn't "eat" into int hour indexes because of the clear look of it but that's just me.

Also I wish date window don't show in the 4 o'clock position. (I actually have a chronograph that do just that and it drive me crazy sometimes)

All in all it's a nice watch.

PS those are call deployment claps.

Regards
Tyler

Hello to all members,
this is my very first review on a watch that I had recently purchased. Please do show some mercy as I don't have
any experience in reviewing a watch.

First, I would like to start off by saying that I am kinda into squared face watch after I bought a Casio Digital/Analog
watch back in the 2008. Somehow I feel that square face watch looks less ordinary than the usual round watches
that we see everyday. However, I am not saying that round watches are bad looking, the are good looking, just that
square face watch are less common and I find it more special.

Anyway, let's start with the review. I never know of this model existed before I really seen it on one of the watch shop
nearby where I am staying. From the first time I laid my eyes on it, I loved it. I tried to google it and was looking more
info about it but I couldn't. Even pictures of it is hard to find, only those in low resolution. I later found out that this
line of Quadrato is of older line and less famous among other Tissot models like the Touch and Seastars line.
Here's the watch anyway:

As you can see from the photo, the watch is off brown face with blue second hand for the chronograph function. There
are other colour variants from the same model but I like this the most. The date is located between 4 & 5. The bottom
sub-dial is the running seconds for the time while the sub-dial on the upper right is 1/10th of second with the right being
the minutes for chronograph function. If I am not mistaken from what I had worked out, the chronograph function only
runs for 29:59 which is a shame given the price of this watch. My cheaper Seiko Chronograph can runs up to 11:59:59.
The crown is a bit tight compared to my Seiko but maybe that's down to it being new and my Seiko which is already five
years since I bought it. Also the crown has less grip maybe of it being chrome which I do have problem turning it with
my (sometimes) oily fingers. Moving on to the pushers, for the pushers at 2 o'clock, when it is being pressed for starting
the chronograph function, it is tight and some pressure. It doesn't have a soft feel like the Seiko. I am not saying it does
not feel pleasant, just a different feeling but still I would prefer otherwise. The 4 o'clock pushers are the same as the
former but both pushers are easily reach as it is big and covers larger ares.

The diameter of the watch is an akward 39.5mm with 22mm lug diameter. I don't know about the lug-to-lug dimension,
sorry. By dimension, this is not a big watch but as it is square it may looks larger. As shown at the picture below alongside
with my seiko chronograph that is 40mm diameter without crown.

The leather strap is very nice which is not polished and dark brown in colour. It looks nice and match the watch perfectly.
The case thickness is 11.55mm, the photo below shows the thickness of the case:

The buckling of the leather strap is not of the conventional method where it just buckle up. I don't know what it is called
but her is the photo of it.

It still make use of conventional holes which you can have extra punched which I did as I only have a 6" wrist. Anyway,
this is the wrist shot of me wearing it:

This type of buckling method was supposed to prevent the leather strap being damaged or should I say prolong the
lifespan of the leather strap. However I do have some doubts about it as wrinkles has already start forming with it being
bend everytime I wear the watch. Time will only tell how this works out eventually. On another matter, the steel
structure that clicks both ends of the straps together do hurts my wrist from time to time.

In conclusion, I like this watch very much. Although it is not an Automatic watch but it does put up with better time
keeping with i notice a change in 5 sec over a week. I love the look of it, it is casual enough yet suitable for formal
occassions. I am not fond about the low count of chronograph as I do not use it much often. The watch is obvious in
dark condition as it does not has obvious lumes but only some small ones. However, under well lit areas, the watch can
quite eye catching.

Please do give some response about the watch. Thank you... ;)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »

It looks much like one of the older Zenith models.

Offline Jeffrey8891

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »

It looks much like one of the older Zenith models.

ahah ... after some googling, you are right ...   :D

Offline watchlow

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
nice dial,,, :thumbsup: like it.
the shape and the size look similar wit my timex,juz the dial is different!

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
Nice review~
Nice piece u got there..
lovely dial colour~

tc cheers~! ^^
 :Cheers:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
nice review  :thumbsup: the Tissot looks a bit more matured when placing beside the seiko~ which is a good thing.
this is one rare model but beautiful ! wear it in good health man  :Dancing_banana:

Offline Jeffrey8891

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
nice review  :thumbsup: the Tissot looks a bit more matured when placing beside the seiko~ which is a good thing.
this is one rare model but beautiful ! wear it in good health man  :Dancing_banana:

Hi, thanks for commenting... i bought the seiko five years back when i was younger, so maybe that's why i turned to this Tissot ...

Offline Annthony Siah

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
the shape and the colour make the watch a different look. nice review and nice picture.

Offline syukur

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
nice watch you have  :thumbsup: