Author Topic: Osaka, need some reference and sharing!  (Read 6740 times)

Offline darrencw

Osaka, need some reference and sharing!
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Osaka in October this year. Is there anyone who has been there and be so kind to share the experience and also references ?

Also, is it worthy to get GS or any JDM models in Japan? Not limited to Seiko only ... ;D

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
Re: Osaka, need some reference and sharing!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
Well, Shinsaibashi is a very nice place to hang out. People there are much more friendly than people at Ginza. There are plenty of pre owned shops there. Check out rollie. depending on the currency, I actually bought my rollie few years ago in Tokyo when yen wasnt that high. Plenty of stocks there unlike Msia where one may even have to wait for a simple submariner.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
I'll be heading to Osaka this 22nd this month!!!

Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo... Looking forward to it. Its a incentive trip and my friends asked me to keep the airticket open and extend my stay there, it costs them 1.6k for 9 days only!!! That includes hotel and transportation!!! They went to Hiroshima that direction.

Hmmm... am contemplating on whether to extend my stay also...

Offline darrencw

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
Well, Shinsaibashi is a very nice place to hang out. People there are much more friendly than people at Ginza. There are plenty of pre owned shops there. Check out rollie. depending on the currency, I actually bought my rollie few years ago in Tokyo when yen wasnt that high. Plenty of stocks there unlike Msia where one may even have to wait for a simple submariner.

how is it priced? reasonable?

I'll be heading to Osaka this 22nd this month!!!

Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo... Looking forward to it. Its a incentive trip and my friends asked me to keep the airticket open and extend my stay there, it costs them 1.6k for 9 days only!!! That includes hotel and transportation!!! They went to Hiroshima that direction.

Hmmm... am contemplating on whether to extend my stay also...

few days ago, i was told by my superior that his relatives returned from a trip to japan 2 months back. places they visit includes osaka and tokyo. 3 of them returned malaysia with signs of slight radiation poisoning which symptoms including nausea, migraine, diarrhea, and so on. i'm contemplating if i should be going there right now. of course, i do not know them personally and you know how stories can change over people's ear. then again (not to be a wet blanket), but it's a risk that should be considered.

Offline ronnie2u

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:43 PM »
Yes, those going to Japan may have slight risk of radiation.
If you or your wife plans to be pregnant, try to avoid Japan.... my cousin's friend who went to Tokyo and gynae ask her to wait at least 7 years.

Offline IWCking

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
those are just hoax. someone will tell you someone. But if you ask further, then you will realise they just heard from someone else. I just came back last week. The only 'radiation' is i put on a few pounds. lol.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »
i go to japan every month and you guys must not piss me off..... I can be one really angry green man  :Laughing_on_floor:

bloody hoax............. next decade, Japan would be filled with mutant babies and cats would mutate into earless, blue, talking creatures that can pull out stuff from their stomach.

:Laughing_on_floor:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline IWCking

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »
exactly. thats what i say too when colleague said iwas so courageous to get there.

anyway, my concern is on potential major earth quake rather than radiation. anyway, life is short. cant really worry too much.  :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 06:02:09 AM »
Jus bac from Tokyo n Kyoto
Vomiting........

Vomiting blood cause jus 2 person with 3 lugages the taxi company ask me take big car at Lcct
#^^$€<#^*
n the driver so LC, drive like mad, nvr wish me... Turn off air con after his gas finished... Refuse to give his particular to my township guard house

So.... Enjoy to be pampered in Japan with top service n food