Author Topic: Zodiac Watches  (Read 5757 times)

Offline asar

• Freshie
Zodiac Watches
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
Hi guys,just wanna ask whether you guys have experience/owning Zodiac watches. I saw their watches at the website but been told that they've pulled out of malaysia n service centre only available in singapore so difficult to send for service. need your expert opinion on this.many thanks.

Offline Watchnewby

Re: Zodiac Watches
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
Firstly, I never owned a Zodiac watch.
To my understanding, Zodiac watches is a brand made by Fossils nowadays (Fossil bought over Zodiac watches which was established in Switzerland in 1882, a decade ago)

From "uncle wiki" :"In 1990 Willy Gad Monnier, purchased the Zodiac brand.  However this company, Montres Zodiac SA, went bankrupt in November 1997. In September 1998 Genender International, Inc. purchased the Zodiac inventory including their trademarks and registrations and other assets. Genender discontinued all of the "Point" series models, the Swiss Formulas, the Sea Wolf, and most automatic watches and all of the Zodiac automatic chronographs. The only two 1990s models kept were the Super Sea Wolf and the Marine Life, both of which were updated with new metal bands.

On October 1, 2001 Fossil Inc. acquired the worldwide rights to the Zodiac brand name for approximately $4.7 million for use in connection with watches, clocks and other timekeeping devices. In April 2002, the new Zodiac line was introduced at the Basel Watch Show in Switzerland, with the notable absence of any Sea Wolf model for the first time in 50 years."

Offline asar

• Freshie
Re: Zodiac Watches
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
Firstly, I never owned a Zodiac watch.
To my understanding, Zodiac watches is a brand made by Fossils nowadays (Fossil bought over Zodiac watches which was established in Switzerland in 1882, a decade ago)

From "uncle wiki" :"In 1990 Willy Gad Monnier, purchased the Zodiac brand.  However this company, Montres Zodiac SA, went bankrupt in November 1997. In September 1998 Genender International, Inc. purchased the Zodiac inventory including their trademarks and registrations and other assets. Genender discontinued all of the "Point" series models, the Swiss Formulas, the Sea Wolf, and most automatic watches and all of the Zodiac automatic chronographs. The only two 1990s models kept were the Super Sea Wolf and the Marine Life, both of which were updated with new metal bands.

On October 1, 2001 Fossil Inc. acquired the worldwide rights to the Zodiac brand name for approximately $4.7 million for use in connection with watches, clocks and other timekeeping devices. In April 2002, the new Zodiac line was introduced at the Basel Watch Show in Switzerland, with the notable absence of any Sea Wolf model for the first time in 50 years."

Thanks mate for the info,Zodiac Sea Wolf was the first automatic watch my father gave to me. It is somehow nostalgic whenever i see zodiac watches but have no idea about the current models.