Author Topic: Invicta 8926 Review  (Read 21442 times)

Offline n1ckwlq

Invicta 8926 Review
« on: December 22, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
Invicta 8926

The Invicta 8926,some people call it a rolex clone.This is partly true because the design is 'inspired' by the sub.

The Movement
The watch uses a Japanese movement.A Miyota 8215 21 jewels undecorated movement to be exact.The movement is comparable to a Seiko 7s26 movement.I am not to well verse about movements so i would not elaborate.The accuracy is above average,it gains 6 seconds a day.Invicta has made the caseback a exhibition caseback.This is a nice feature that allows you to see the movement.

Size & Design
Design wise,there is nothing much about it,except that it looks similar to the rolex submariner and the bezel is borrowed from the Omega Seamaster.It also looks like a Tagh Aquaracer quartz.The size is  39mm and it is just nice on my 6.75 inch wrist.However i don't recommend this watch for people with big wrist

Here it is in a wooden row boat somewhere in Vietnam.

Here it is 30,000ft above the Pacific Ocean on a plane.

The Invicta 8926 pictured next to a Tagheuer Aquracer.Note the similarities
Bracelet and Clasp
The bracelet is a copy of the rolex oyster bracelet with polished center links.The quality is about average and the bracelet rattles.It is quite light and doesn't feel substantial unlike most diving watches.The clasp is a basic double locking clasp without a diver's extension.

Lume
For a diving watch,the lume plays a big role in the functionality of the watch.The lume Invicta use is the Trinite compund.It is not as bright as the Superluminova or Lumibrite used by Seiko and most brands.

Lume Shots

Side by side comparision between the Tagheuer aquaracer(Right) and the Invicta(Left)

Conclusion
The Invicta 8926a is not the best watch nor is it the most famous.But it is a good beater watch and value for money.For me,the watch is reliable,good looking,comfortable and a great conversation piece!For 65USD it is one of the most affordable watch money can buy.

More pics

Thanks for your viewing!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 01:58:48 PM by n1ckwlq »
Nicholas Wong

Offline G.MAC

Re: Invicta 8926 Review
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
A very good and comprehensive review :thumbsup:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
A very good and comprehensive review :thumbsup:
Thanks!  :Jumping:
Nicholas Wong

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
awesome writeup! mind PM me where you got this watch from? and how much?

thanks for sharing... ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
awesome writeup! mind PM me where you got this watch from? and how much?

thanks for sharing... ;)
check your inbox  :Jumping:
Nicholas Wong

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
The lume on the Invicta sure looks good !!
Love the combination of the Rolex Submariner dial with the Omega seamaster bezel.
Didn't know such model exist as I only encountered before Invicta Submariner which resemble almost 99% of the Rolex

But yours is better!
Something similar yet different.
Thanks for sharing, n1ckwlq!!!

By the way, very nice Tag Heuer you have there!!  :thumbsup:

Bergkamp10,

A watch maker in disguise,

A football brain equivalent to the making of a timepiece

http://howtobuildawatchcollection.wordpress.com

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »
The lume on the Invicta sure looks good !!
Love the combination of the Rolex Submariner dial with the Omega seamaster bezel.
Didn't know such model exist as I only encountered before Invicta Submariner which resemble almost 99% of the Rolex

By the way, very nice Tag Heuer you have there!!  :thumbsup:
The Invicta you posted is the 9937c C=coin bezel.the 9937 has a swiss movement and a better cyclops compare to the the 8926 series.Mine is the 8926a which has the scalloped bezel.and btw the tag heuer isn't mine.i borrowed it from my dad as a comparision because it looks similar.
Nicholas Wong

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »
Seems that you know a lot about both these watches.
I bet you did consider getting the 9937 over the 8926.  ;)
But personally I prefer the look of the 8926.
Good catch. n1ckwlq! 

Bergkamp10,

A watch maker in disguise,

A football brain equivalent to the making of a timepiece

http://howtobuildawatchcollection.wordpress.com

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
Good review on the Invicta 8926.
For USD65.00, I consider that a steal.
The Invicta with the Swiss movement will be much dearer compared with the one with the Miyota movement.

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 09:50:01 AM »

I bet you did consider getting the 9937 over the 8926.  ;)

You bet!but the 9937 was 4 times the price of the 8926 and i don't think i'd wat to spend that much money on an invicta.
Nicholas Wong

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
Good review on the Invicta 8926.
For USD65.00, I consider that a steal.
The Invicta with the Swiss movement will be much dearer compared with the one with the Miyota movement.
Yea IMO the invicta with the swiss movement isn't worth the price
Nicholas Wong

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »
I got one too. My review on it is on my blog: http://www.watchcollectionhobby.blogspot.com/2011/11/invicta-8926-pro-diver-automatic-watch.html

Below a picture of it on my wrist:

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
I got one too. My review on it is on my blog: http://www.watchcollectionhobby.blogspot.com/2011/11/invicta-8926-pro-diver-automatic-watch.html

Below a picture of it on my wrist:

Thats a nice review right there!I've seen your blog post.your's has the Seiko NH25A movement as opposed to the miyota 8215 movement mine has.IMO the NH25A looks better.
Nicholas Wong

Offline kulcha

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 07:50:25 PM »
great review. thanks for the write ups.

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »
great review. thanks for the write ups.
Thanks!this is my first review actually
Nicholas Wong

Offline shawnzz

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Hey Nicholas, read your review on your blog. U bought it from amazon? How long does it take to reach KL? Plan to get 1 from amazon. but i am scared i get a fake 1 instead. Anyways, here is the link of the 8626 which im interested to get. [Link to commercial site removed - Forum Mod] Do u think its genuine?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:55:43 AM by takashi78 »

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 06:41:19 PM »
Hey Nicholas, read your review on your blog. U bought it from amazon? How long does it take to reach KL? Plan to get 1 from amazon. but i am scared i get a fake 1 instead. Anyways, here is the link of the 8626 which im interested to get. [Link to commercial site removed - Forum Mod] Do u think its genuine?
If you're buying from amazon it is original.I don't think there are fake invictas.Why bother faking a cheap watch when you can fake a super expensive Hublot?Delivery is fast,i received my watch 3 days after purchasing  :thumbsup:.And btw you can post the link to any commercial sites..MWF has really strict rules about it   :police::thumbsdown:
Nicholas Wong

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 06:23:04 AM »
I got mine from Amazon too - very fast service.

Offline kwok

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »
I thought AMAZON only post to address in North America?

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
No they can deliver to nearly any part of the world.But it will cost you  :Blue:.Delivery for mine was around 30usd.
Nicholas Wong

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
No they can deliver to nearly any part of the world.But it will cost you  :Blue:.Delivery for mine was around 30usd.

The trick is to choose the slowest option. Being doing it for a few times now. They tell you it will be sent in a months time but everytime it gets to me within 2 weeks. I was told by a friend of mine who works in DHL that the couriers don't actually keep to the segregation much, if there is space is the cargo hold, they will put in everything, even those categorised as "slow delivery".

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »

The trick is to choose the slowest option. Being doing it for a few times now. They tell you it will be sent in a months time but everytime it gets to me within 2 weeks. I was told by a friend of mine who works in DHL that the couriers don't actually keep to the segregation much, if there is space is the cargo hold, they will put in everything, even those categorised as "slow delivery".
Thanks for the tip!But when i bought it i wasn't given any option.How do you click the cheaper option?
Nicholas Wong

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »

Thanks for the tip!But when i bought it i wasn't given any option.How do you click the cheaper option?

When you are confirming payment, there will be an option at the top right hand corner about the delivery options. There should be 3 options to choose from (1)  Special (most expensive); (2) Normal (about a week or two); (3) slow [honestly, I can't remember what they are actual called, but you get my drift]. By default, the most expensive is always chosen. If you make any other options, the whole page will be refreshed with the new pricing (incl. courier charges).

Offline kltime

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
The Invicta "submariner" be it with Miyota or swiss movements are good value for the $$$. Just pray u don't get a defective one, I heard horror stories on Invicta customer service on some of the other WIS forums.

Offline n1ckwlq

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
The Invicta "submariner" be it with Miyota or swiss movements are good value for the $$$. Just pray u don't get a defective one, I heard horror stories on Invicta customer service on some of the other WIS forums.
thats quite true!i've read about angry owners getting defective ones.thank god i was lucky!mine came in one piece!hahaha :Cheers:
Nicholas Wong