Author Topic: Vintage Poljot on ebay  (Read 10003 times)

Offline Hedge

Vintage Poljot on ebay
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
Hi, good afternoon bro's, sifu's and fellow members. I recently got poisoned from this russian poljot watch. Prices on ebay are within my budget as ppl bid up to a couple of hundred RM. but my question is, are Poljot famous for replica's? Is it safe to purchase a Poljot on ebay? Any good website to gv tips on rectifying d watch? If I would to win a bid and when i receive the watch, where can i bring it to check in Malaysia? Hope u guys can help me out, as the poison is flowing through my mind n soul. *cheers* bro's.  :Jumping:

Offline Watchnewby

Re: Vintage Poljot on ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
Buying from the net is always risky.
Russian watch like Poljot is also famous for replica but not as rampant as Rolex.
Your question : "Is it safe to purchase a Poljot on ebay?" - Not only a Poljot, any watch bought over from the net like ebay carries high risk. Firstly, you do not know if it is ori. or fake. Secondly one is not sure the parts have been modified ala "franken" watch.

Advice / tips can be found here : http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,2798.0.html
(see reply #13)

Information on Russian watches : http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,3737.0.html

Offline Hedge

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Buying from the net is always risky.
Russian watch like Poljot is also famous for replica but not as rampant as Rolex.
Your question : "Is it safe to purchase a Poljot on ebay?" - Not only a Poljot, any watch bought over from the net like ebay carries high risk. Firstly, you do not know if it is ori. or fake. Secondly one is not sure the parts have been modified ala "franken" watch.

Advice / tips can be found here : http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,2798.0.html
(see reply #13)

Information on Russian watches : http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,3737.0.html

hey bro, thx.... i will do a lil more survey n decide to take the risk in a week or two. btw, do u knw where i can verify Poljot in Malaysia? Besides just the outlook, as the movement is as important to me too.  :)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
hey bro, thx.... i will do a lil more survey n decide to take the risk in a week or two. btw, do u knw where i can verify Poljot in Malaysia? Besides just the outlook, as the movement is as important to me too.  :)

There is no place in Malaysia that one can verify a Poljot, if you are getting a vintage one.
For new Russian watches (brands like Vostok etc) one can check them out at ----- shop either in Pavillon shopping mall or Tropicana Mall.

There is a website on the Russian movement from its inception before WW2 till in the late 1970s by a Singaporean "Mat Salleh" but I lost the http address already and forgot what is the title name.

Another alternative is at this site : http://www.horology.ru/en/articles/TZ.htm
(Mod: Please delete this line if it contravene any of the forum rules, Thank you)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:23:14 PM by takashi78 »

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
i have friend from russia, he is russian watch seller,
he told me not to trust website selling russian watch,
if yes make sure they are authorised seller.

ebay normally is run by any seller anyone, it high possibilities is repica or worse case is "what you see is not what you get,"
many happen in ebay.

plus most of the russian website online watch selling, is not active for long time, have to really look carefully.
you can observer by looking at their news update,
most of it is not up to date for few year, plus the price is not up to date also, come on bro u dare put order on the cart, hahahaha

Khan Wooi

Offline Hedge

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »
thx to the good advices brow watchnewby and khanwooi, i think i will take note of all the tips. Right now I'm also eyeing on new Poljot fliegeruhr ranges. I consulted with the shop in Tropicana city, unfortunately they only sells Poljot International watches and not the original Poljot company watch which only circulate their watches within Russian market. Thats the problem right now. I cant obtain it elsewhere as it is not exported to other countries according to the sales person in Tropicana city.  :(

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
hi hedge

you can PM me the poljot modal you looking at.
i have friend in russian, see i can help you or not.

Khan Wooi

Offline Hedge

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »
ok bro, but im in the hospital this few days. Will pm you when i discharge.

Offline Hedge

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
hey bro Khanwooi, sorry for d late reply n update.... my brother actually purchased it online for me while i was in the hospital. I received it as a surprise right after CNY.... overall very nice. Will post up pictures and slight comment when i have time to snap some pics. Thx bro.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
Sorry to hear you are hospitalised, bro hedge.
Anyway, wear your Poljot with good health.
(Waiting eagerly for the pic.s)

Offline StuertMiller

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Nowadays, so many websites presents on the internet that offers opportunities to buy a new, used and vintage watches at affordable rate through online ordering with standard brands and designs. If you wants to get vintage watch, then Ebay would be one of the best website for you to purchase watch online.