Author Topic: Re: Vintage Citizen Chrono Master/ vintage Citizen chronometer  (Read 11623 times)

Offline wongchanseng

Re: Vintage Citizen Chrono Master/ vintage Citizen chronometer
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
Chrono Master is one of the Citizen's high end chronometer watch. The Chrono Master in market currently all are Quartz watch. Citizen do come out several model of Chrono Master between 1960 and 1970.

Please refer this link for more details, http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=12345.0

Luckily i just got 2 of these chronometer watches. Both of them is hand wind model, one is 0920 model, and another one is 1870 model.

The picture above show 1870 model, this model is with calender (date) function.

However, it do not have quick set date function, it means, its crown do not have 2nd position for adjusting date. Actually i personally visit the Malaysia Citizen Services Center to verify it because i though it is a flaw in first place, unfortunately they unable to provide the answer officially but the technician, Mr Sam, told me personally, those day not all the watch with quick set date function, some watch do install this mechanism and some doesn't. If the watch installed this function, usually they will advertised as "Quick set date" like all vintage Grand Seiko. Now this function is just like "default" property for all watch. And one of those calender watch do not installed this quick set date function is my 1870 model Citizen Chrono Master.

I had a day error check on lying with dial face up (common position) with main spring almost full wind, and it was about +15 seconds. It is pretty good for a vintage watch.

I plan to polish the watch case and crystal later.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
go go it
commonmanvintagewatch.blogspot
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:53:55 PM by wongchanseng »

Offline Enkidu

Re: Vintage Citizen Chrono Master
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
That's a superb piece you got there. I had an identical watch once (but with black dial, with SS bracelet). Yes, I remember it had no quick set date too. I traded the watch (on SCWF) about 2 years ago for a Seiko 6105 diver (with some regret of course). Hope you will keep yours and wear in good health.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
Tha is a nice piece you got there, wong.
Polish it and wear with good health.

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
hi i have a vostok amphibia,
the movement is also not come with a quick date set,
where everytime will need to set 24 hour to jump the date,

but it do have a shortcut to do, i not sure is it all brand movement is the same,
for vostok, it have a short cut where set the hour hand to 12 o'clock, then reverse back to 8 o'clock, then turn back to 1 o'clock,
the date jump.

you can have a try.
Khan Wooi

Offline wongchanseng

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
This is my another vintage Citizen Chrono Master.
The dial appear some stain.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
go go it
commonmanvintagewatch.blogspot
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:54:49 PM by wongchanseng »

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:06:36 AM »
".....but it do have a shortcut to do, i not sure is it all brand movement is the same,
for vostok, it have a short cut where set the hour hand to 12 o'clock, then reverse back to 8 o'clock, then turn back to 1 o'clock,
the date jump
."

Not just Vostok. In fact I think you can try that with most vintage watches....vintage Oris, Eterna, Seiko 6146 GS...etc. Can't remember if the Rolex 6694 and 1675 GMT Master have the same property, but those who have these watches can also try. :Praying:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »
Wow! We learn new things everyday.
Thanks, khanwooi for the tips.

Offline wongchanseng

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »
My latest acquisition, vintage Citizen chronometer 31 jewels, 1962. In a good condition. Just like it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:58:58 AM by wongchanseng »

Offline infinityws

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:54 PM »
My latest acquisition, vintage Citizen chronometer 31 jewels, 1962. In a good condition. Just like it.

nice watch, mind sharing how much you got it for?

Offline infinityws

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »
".....but it do have a shortcut to do, i not sure is it all brand movement is the same,
the date jump
."

Not just Vostok. In fact I think you can try that with most vintage watches....vintage Oris, Eterna, Seiko 6146 GS...etc. Can't remember if the Rolex 6694 and 1675 GMT Master have the same property, but those who have these watches can also try. :Praying:

Correct me if i'm wrong, I was told for some old watches you should only wind it clock wise and not anticlockwise as this will affect the accuracy and more tear and wear.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
never seen such citizen b4... great pieceu hv there

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
interesting piece there, Citizen Chrono, how is the accuracy???
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline banqk2

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
This is truly amazing watch, mind to share how much does the watch cost for you? Thanks

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
The Chrono is so beutifull i almost wanna marry it! You are a lucky guy to have such a great piece  :Cheers:
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.