Author Topic: 1st Russian Military Vostok Watch Review  (Read 9019 times)

Offline fistball

• Freshie
1st Russian Military Vostok Watch Review
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
 ;D Happy to receive it as my birthday present,2nd Happy to buy it from ebay which the seller send and reach in time for my birthday.

Model : Vostok Komandiskie Watch
Movement : Vostok Mechanical Movement with 17Jewel
Diameter : 38mm
Lug size : 18mm
Strap : Leather

This is my first Russian watch, my first Vostok watch. As usual the Russian watch- Bostok ( means east ) produce the design of watch with less attractive presentation. I pick this design of Commander category, is because it has less of those tanker, rocket, and other Russia totem design. I like this simple yet complicated design with dark blue background. And most importantly the COMMUNIST STAR at the dial is what perfect the whole picture.

I haven't used a mechanical watch be4, but the introduction of Vostok do make me fall in love for this movement. Every morning, be4 I go to work, I will start winding the watch. A gesture that become my habit since I own the watch. Click...click...click... The thing about mechanical watch is that,you no need to wear it all the time in order for the kinetic force of ur hand movement to power up the engine. So even I have no wrist time for the watch, it is still running constantly. That is the beauty, and very vintage feel in a way.

The bad side of all Vostok watch , I think , is their, overall presentation, of the dial and the leather strap. They have this poor leather strap. But at a price of less than rm200, I am happy with what is on my wrist. The other down side, is the lume power. In fact, it had minimal lume, sometimes, you can't even check out the time, in the dark.

In conclusion, I love this robust build Mechanical watch by Vostok. I will buy again in future no doubt.

Everyone should get one of this Vostok watch in their collection, it is one of the best watch brand from the east, indeed.

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
Re: 1st Russian Military Vostok Watch Review
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »
beautiful watch you have there mate!

might to PM me the price and where you bought it from?

:Cheers:

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »
Winding watch? Display back?
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:40:54 AM »
Congrats on your new Vostok piece, fistball.
This is a manual winding watch (17 jewels) built robustly and the movement is a Russian workhorse known for durability.

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
Nope, no display back, only a Vostok logo at the back.

:thumbsup:superb, good for any occasion, can be a dress watch, n sport watch...

CLICK...>CLICK.....CLICK.....can be for 10 years of service....i start to like russian watch

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
vostok watch is a very nice watch,
my advise no need to be polite on it, because it tougher then you..

i own the amphibia,

attach it with nato strap it look more better
Khan Wooi

Offline jefnando

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
nice watch.

vostok movement was the 1st movement i trained my watch repair skills on.
Own an amphibia, still going strong after 2 years of abuse, only complain is the non quick-set date on the 2416b movement.

cons on the case; 18mms strap, but can always beef it up with a notched 24mm strap.

enjoy your new watch!
Life is more than just a sum of the 6 senses

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
after 1 month and 20 days of daily beating...............the watch is running strong of course, but 1 thing, the back of the watch......like getting rusty? :Confused:

hmm...i tot is stainless steel..but seems like there are rusty stain there....starting to spread as well.....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »
after 1 month and 20 days of daily beating...............the watch is running strong of course, but 1 thing, the back of the watch......like getting rusty? :Confused:

hmm...i tot is stainless steel..but seems like there are rusty stain there....starting to spread as well.....

Corrosive sweat?!?

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »
Sweat do make everything looks bad.......

it is not a stainless steel case......that is y... :Blue:

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
Anyone knows of any service that can help stop/reduce the rusting on a non SS casing? Any special treatment taht can be done?