Author Topic: Bell n Ross design  (Read 6335 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Bell n Ross design
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:54:11 AM »
some like b&R watches.... some just dont like....

but i try to understand the philosophy in B&R design...

they started with tough watches... all made by sinn.... good quality.... but not selling well....
because there are so many similar product in the market..... n they hv no background, no history, not really hv the 'know how' in technical engineering...

so they made drastic changes.... changed marketing strategy.... focus on design...
then u hv the BR cockpit design series.... something not good looking at the time...
but riding of the wave of big, characteristic trend.... they hit the market....

then pushing the limit.... with the limited edition of pvd case with orange index and hands....  well accepted...
but when following yr another color le... then another.... attraction gone...
they pushed for limit again.... u hv the ALL BLACK....

but after all color matching what else u can do....
ceramic case....tourbillon... carbon case.... retrograde, these is not B&R at best.... all this is copying... i'm bit bore of seeing this...
ceramic case we already hv rado and chanel, tourbillon we hv dozens x dozens.....

this yr.... they back to the extreme.... either u like it or u leave it....

and they bring u back to basic.... u like this? I AM

Offline lilpronaz

Re: Bell n Ross design
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:35 AM »
PAM wannabe and simply over rated. No for me.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:43:10 AM »
Thanks for sharing  :Cheers:

Actually i got more attention when i'm wearing B&R then any other watches because of its size and square shape design ;)

Cheers!
scott

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »
PAM wannabe and simply over rated. No for me.

thats why i said either u like it or u dont!

over rated? over priced?.... YES? but still many ppl willing to pay for it... and their business grow very very well....

ps- i 'm one of those who not willing to pay for it....

scott, i agree the big bold square design easier to draw attention!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
Not my cup of tea and i dun think ever will be.
I still like their older designs.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »
Overprice/over-rated  is a hot discussion that we always discuss here or any other forum but i never see any conclusion really..eg, PAM overprice? Rolex overprice?, etc....  :HammerHead: But I think it's all depend if you like the design and willing to pay for it or not... honestly, i don't feel a PAM0 worth 13.5K  :P But i just love design and its appearance ;)

Honestly, I like B&R design and I feel B&R is more toward designer-watch..sorry if i've offended some B&R owner...

Pete, watch out ;) I once said I don't like the DS design (too huge, heavy, big/thick, bracelet is too slim, ugly..etc..) but now, i'm loving it  :P ahahha..Our taste might change from time to time, or maybe just me..LOL

:Cheers:
scott

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
Scott quote; honestly, i don't feel a PAM0 worth 13.5K .

That's too in for me. I guess, I will never pay top dollar for a pam.

That's another reason why I get a homage to gauge its feel / weight & design. For a fraction of a top dollar, I can easily give away / dispose these pieces to a good cause. (once I get bored with it)

The best thing is, I won't get to feel the pinch.

Generally, people changed over a period of time....how much nett asset / value would you tie-down on one's interest

Just my 2 cts worth.
DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
Scott quote; honestly, i don't feel a PAM0 worth 13.5K .

That's too in for me. I guess, I will never pay top dollar for a pam.

That's another reason why I get a homage to gauge its feel / weight & design. For a fraction of a top dollar, I can easily give away / dispose these pieces to a good cause. (once I get bored with it)

The best thing is, I won't get to feel the pinch.

Generally, people changed over a period of time....how much nett asset / value would you tie-down on one's interest

Just my 2 cts worth.
DC

i've never sleep more than 6 hour a day for the whole last month.... busy working busy watches busy with my coming soon baby....
some1 which have the same opinion with u david.... keep chasing me to make him this.....

i just handed him this today... he is so so so happy.... but myself look like panda now...

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
For the benefit of members knowledge, I got the exact same make (shown here by Chris) from Chris, himself. I still love this watch despite its weight. So who's the lucky guy that got the same model from you?

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
LOL! Yeah..although i said it's not worth but i still bought one :P because i love its design ;)

Although I still think the price is a bit on the higher site but the finishing is still way better compare to the homage and i think that's why it cost much more then the homage  :thumbsup: Problem is, once i own one real Panerai, it's hard for me to go homage (sorry mate, no offend  :P) :HammerHead:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 02:45:40 PM »
Well, lets put it this way.
Top dollar > good finishing.
Fraction of top dollar > (still) good finishing - you be surprised how these homage from (yen) feel like.

For me, its just justified that I am paying a dime less for these wannabes and still looks good on the wrist.
No need to be sorry mate, one man's meat is another man's poison. LOL

What matter most is, what's one comfortable with.

DC

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
With PAM, you are not just buying a watch. You will be joining a huge cohesive owner community. Any risti will know what I mean.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
With PAM, you are not just buying a watch. You will be joining a huge cohesive owner community. Any risti will know what I mean.

YES!! This is exactly how this forum started ;) we was first meet up last year end December (first KL Panerai GTG) and then Danny (the founder/owner of this forum) dedicated some of his server space for MWF to answer our request :Cheers: 

check this out -> http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1229743136/KL's+first+GTG---+(we+assumed+so----)

Missing those time ;)

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 07:38:26 PM »

I can't agree with you more!!
 ;D ;D

:Cheers:
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline takashi78

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »
Haha the B&R i have been seeing for more than 1yrs plus still no feel for it.
I think the DS mayb if i try it on more i might like it.
The one that i am surprised after maybe like 5-10yrs saying it looks ugly is the JLC Reverso.
Now i just love the look of the Reverso, hope to one day get a nice used one.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 11:34:18 PM »
david, its my colleague... told u... he waited for few months....

and i knew u guys can debate whole day for whether u should go for homage or original.......
so i guess all this is personal....

and my personal view is
pam worth is price... because of market support it value.... n in term of price point it still not that high compare to hublot right?
i owned 2 pams.... i never thought it worth in the beginning.... but i knew can easily sell it later... so it worth!
i also made dozen of homage.... thats for fun.... and i can have the feature as i like....
what so if i like destro and i cant find destro on that model...
if i want vintage feel....
if i want super rare design... where i cant get it....
if i cant afford for certain rare limited....
if i want different material/finishing on certain model....

homage wil ease my desire at fraction of cost....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:20:13 AM by yenfoolun »