Author Topic: Oversea property  (Read 14307 times)

Offline ykl

Oversea property
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:57:22 PM »
Hi all, anyone invest in oversea property here? For investment or own stay?
Omega PO2500
Seiko Chronograph
G-shock

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Re: Oversea property
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
Anyone bought or have any info about buying properties in Hong Kong?

Please PM me if you have any info.

Thanks

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:08:32 PM »
Anyone bought or have any info about buying properties in Hong Kong?

Please PM me if you have any info.

Thanks

Guess no one here has that experience
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
when i saw australia property start advertised here in msia last year...... i felt the market there is slowing down
when i see england proerty is advertising in msia now, i felt the same....

mayb hong kong is good time to go in, since they never need to advertise here....  :Laughing_on_floor:
i believe they dont even need to advertise in mainland.... bcoz all the rich men from north are there in hk

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »
HK properties are freaking expensive now. Not the right time to buy now. Rental yield is less than 3% at the moment. Not to mention low margin rate of borrowing from banks.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline ASC

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »
We acquired only one lot in Melbourne; few lots in London. No experience in HK, coz' over-inflated bubble by the main-landers.

Slow, but steady appreciation in Melbourne; Greater margin of capital appreciation in London. Both location ROI >6%. Only snack is the low 50-60% BTL mortgage facilities at both places! :Cheers:

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
Terrence

Try this website.
hk.centanet.com

One of the largest real estate agent in HK. Properties transaction in HK is very transparent for sub sale market. You can even check the previous transacted price of every unit that you want to purchase. Feel free to PM me if you have any question. Dont worry I am not real estate agent.

I am broke but I am happy...

Offline watchlow

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
som of my friens ask me invest apartment in melbourne,is any master or guru investor here cn giv som experience or suggestion? tq

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
Terrence

Try this website.
hk.centanet.com

One of the largest real estate agent in HK. Properties transaction in HK is very transparent for sub sale market. You can even check the previous transacted price of every unit that you want to purchase. Feel free to PM me if you have any question. Dont worry I am not real estate agent.

same with malaysia transacted property, different is local agent not that educated  . . . . . .

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »
HK properties are freaking expensive now. Not the right time to buy now. Rental yield is less than 3% at the moment. Not to mention low margin rate of borrowing from banks.

Same thing apply in china, mid range property in shanghai drop 10-15% last year, don't mention highend :)
China investor current target is Malaysia n Sg, especially penang .....

Offline watchlow

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »
how abt the procedure? izit complicated?

Offline zen

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:47:33 PM »
Terrence

Try this website.
hk.centanet.com

same with malaysia transacted property, different is local agent not that educated  . . . . . .

Actually, the local agent can check the transacted property too but not the latest transaction la. Cos the land office will update the transaction only 6 months or sometimes 1 yr later  :Confused:
Even when checking with bank, you couldn't get actual transacted price.  :HammerHead:

About overseas property, it's depend from country to country about the local law, bank loan, exchange rate, etc etc.
Recently, there is more promotion here on Australian and U.K. properties because of more Malaysian migrating, sending their kids studying there and for investment. The Australian and U.K. gov realize that the Asian ppl are the richest at this moment, so they just follow the wind and came to Asia (including Malaysia) to promote their properties.
For those who are planning to sent their children to Australia or U.K. in future, please do buy now(still consider cheap/reasonable).
1) Imagine, before your children studying over there, you can earn 6%-8% ROI.
2) When they are studying there, you have less headache finding a place for them (it is not as easy as finding a place like Malaysia) and save rental cost.
3) And when they graduated and have no plan to stay there, you can sell and earn back(sometime more) what you are paying for their education and of course your capital.
At this moment you are only allow to sell your property back to Australian.
Will update more U.K. properties next time.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

Actually, the local agent can check the transacted property too but not the latest transaction la. Cos the land office will update the transaction only 6 months or sometimes 1 yr later  :Confused:
Even when checking with bank, you couldn't get actual transacted price.  :HammerHead:

1.Transaction price is recorded at JPPH (Jabatan Penilaian & Pengurusan Harta), they produce market report on supply, demand and transacted price quarterly, you can download it online or buy the hard copy at all of their branch. specific location transaction can be purchased as well.... the yearly property market report is popular!
2. Land office job is to register the transaction, or you can say it is recording the new owner name to the title in this case, 1 day to present the 14A form, so i do not understand why you say it take 6 months to one yr.
- i believe your commend is on the transaction process instead of land office registration process!

Offline watchlow

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »
tq all,  got it n learnt it , tqvm :thumbsup:

Offline SonnyCooL

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
Terrence

Try this website.
hk.centanet.com

About overseas property, it's depend from country to country about the local law, bank loan, exchange rate, etc etc.
Recently, there is more promotion here on Australian and U.K. properties because of more Malaysian migrating, sending their kids studying there and for investment. The Australian and U.K. gov realize that the Asian ppl are the richest at this moment, so they just follow the wind and came to Asia (including Malaysia) to promote their properties.
For those who are planning to sent their children to Australia or U.K. in future, please do buy now(still consider cheap/reasonable).
1) Imagine, before your children studying over there, you can earn 6%-8% ROI.
2) When they are studying there, you have less headache finding a place for them (it is not as easy as finding a place like Malaysia) and save rental cost.
3) And when they graduated and have no plan to stay there, you can sell and earn back(sometime more) what you are paying for their education and of course your capital.
At this moment you are only allow to sell your property back to Australian.
Will update more U.K. properties next time.

I'm not sure why they not disclose this info, most of the time i get this info via relative under financial institution ....

Offline ykl

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »
For australia property, can only sell back to australian, rpgt can up to 40 or 50%, do take note on this for those who want to invest there,

while for UK maybe is a better choice cause no property gain tax, buy today sell tomorrow also no tax, no tax on rental income up to 7500pound if not mistaken, your expenses to visit the property there can be treated as expenses and tax deductible(provided have many property there and generate more than 7500 pound income), can sell to anyone anytime.....

just share from my understanding, anything wrong please correct it...
Omega PO2500
Seiko Chronograph
G-shock

Offline upvcjakarta

• Holodeck
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »
I tried to do some research on invest in oversea properties with cost less. And the result, homes and apartments in African countries such as Madagascar, Jordan and Ivory Coast are cheaper.

Offline danslater

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »
tq all
In the pursuit of happiness, in form and function

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023, 11:28:01 AM »
I tried to do some research on invest in oversea properties with cost less. And the result, homes and apartments in African countries such as Madagascar, Jordan and Ivory Coast are cheaper.

Surely, but long-term, travelling expenses as well as maintenance can always kill us in the pocket.

Offline dremon69

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2023, 07:03:06 PM »
Belgium is good to invest in property- the market is growing, quality of construction is very good, ROI about 8/9pct, tax free resale profit - high demand in Brussels for EU/NATO staff…

Offline gr2k

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2023, 08:19:12 AM »
looking into Phuket - there seems to be a constant flow of Russian and Chinese visitors who stay long-term.

i'm made to understand that foreigners can't own property in Thailand? apparently need to start a company of which 51% ownership must be a Thai - can anyone confirm?