Author Topic: Watch Collection No.6 -> Citizen ‘Orca’ BN0015-07E : bergkamp10  (Read 6915 times)

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
This is a review on my Watch Collection No.6:

Citizen 200m Diver BN0015-07E

Watch Specifications

Brand: Citizen
Model No.: BN0015-07E
Origin: Japan
Date of Purchase: December 2010
Package: Box, Instruction Menu, 1 Year Warranty
Movement Type: Eco-Drive
Display type: Analog
Water Resistant: 200m
Diameter: 48mm with crown (45mm without crown)
Case thickness: 14mm
Strap Width: 15mm

Pre-Purchase Evaluation

1. Design of dial resemble a Turtle Shell
2. Big looking watch
3. Eco-Drive technology
4. Unique two color lume combination (Blue & Green)
5. Affordable price for such a high quality timepiece
6. Light weight (Made of Titanium)
7. Made by Citizen Japan, a reliable & reputable watch-maker

Picture Gallery

Post-Purchase Evaluation

Citizen Eco-drive, an amazing technology breakthrough in watch-making. Compare to the problematic Seiko Kinectic watch, Citizen Eco-drive watch is reliable and have earn applause around. On 1995, the first Citizen Eco-drive watch was produced and till now, they have produced over hundreds of reliable Eco-Drive watch. However, I failed to get a hand on any of these.

Anticipating, I finally set my eyes on owning a Eco-drive watch after all this while. Of all the wide range of Citizen Eco-drive watch, I manage to narrow down my choice to only 2 of the Eco-drive model, ‘Ecozilla’ & ‘Orca’. These two watches stand out the most for me due to their uniquely design dial and their big wrist presence. ‘Ecozilla’ looks like a rugged tool watch with its gigantic size. However, I was push off by the heavy price tag. On the other hand, ‘Orca’ even though measures smaller than the ‘Ecozilla’, is no small watch. Its uniquely design dial reminds me of a ‘Turtle Shell’, instead of a ‘Orca’. (Will be explained later) ‘Teenage Mutants Ninja Turtle’ being my childhood favourite, ‘Orca’ certainly top my wanting list for Citizen Eco-drive watch.

Citizen ‘Orca’ comes in two dial color, Black and Blue. The blue dial reminds me of the relaxing feel of the blue ocean. However I felt that, with the combination of the soft looking dial design and the blue dial color, the watch look way too ‘Circus Like’. My final pick would be the black dial ‘Orca’ which in my opinion, looks more tough, like a serious dive watch.

Measuring at 48mm with crown, the ‘Orca’ sits big on one wrist. Most divers watch are usually aggressive looking and wears heavy, however the Orca was on a different chapter. It is very light weight thanks to its titanium build. Even though it might not be aggressive looking, but it has the soft & gentle yet unexplainable hidden fury look which resemble exactly how a ‘Orca’ is.

Orca= Killer Whale

A killer whale might look like a soft & gentle sea creatures to you but you wouldn’t want to mess with it. If you think that killer whale are way too inferior to the great white shark, then you should take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SS6NjdGLVZs

‘Orca’ (Killer Whale) is known as the King Of the Sea. They are not only big in size and but also possess extremely high inter-lecture with clever hunting technique. Their looks are way too misleading to anyone, (Thanks to the Movie: Free Willy), that portraits a killer whale as one of the sweetest sea creatures that can be a man’s best friend. Free whale-ride anyone??

Lesson learnt No.1 : Don’t judge a book by its cover.

Lesson learnt No.2: Movies are purely for entertainment.

So how does Citizen BN0015-07E gets its ‘Orca’ name? Most watch enthusiatics sees the design of the white hour making with the black color dial resemble the appearance of a ‘Orca’ (Killer Whale). However, in my opinion, I thinks that the design of the dial resemble more of a ‘Turtle Shell’ :

Yes,it does resemble a ‘Orca’, but in other way! The misleading appearance as a soft looking watch (in actual a 200m ISO6425 Diver watch) truly resemble a Orca appearance. Moreover, the shape of the watch case with its domed mineral crystal resemble the shape of a ‘Orca’ (Killer Whale):

Summary

Besides the interesting features of the watch I meantioned, the lume is another highlight of the watch. The lume consists of a mixture of blue and green lume. Blue lume, being the signature of Citizen watch, is one of the reason why one might choose a Citizen Diver over a Seiko Diver which only offers green lume. In conclusion, the watch is highly recommended to one that prefer an extraordinary designed diver watch with an impressive blue and green lume and whom is sick of having diver watch that weight a ton. Well, that’s me! A one of its kind watch that definitely won’t disappoint any sea lovers out there. Sea Turtle or Orca or Killer Whale?? U name it! It’s a transformation of these sea wonders to a wonderful timepiece- Citizen Eco Drive BN0015-07E.

For more pictures: http://bergkamp10watchsite.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/review-citizen-orca-bn0015-07e/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:51:53 PM by bergkamp10 »

Bergkamp10,

A watch maker in disguise,

A football brain equivalent to the making of a timepiece

http://howtobuildawatchcollection.wordpress.com

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: Affordable No.6 -> Citizen ‘Orca’ BN0015-07E : bergkamp10
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »
I like this one in particular, and I also like the way you write the review, pre and post, very unique, especially the picture, side by side with the animal  :thumbsup:

P/S: you must be a true Bergkamp fan, I am Holland fan too  ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:17:50 AM »
I used to be an Oranje fan till last European Cup. Still like the way they played but, nowadays not as "clock-work precision" any more.
OT liao.

Anyway, good review on all your watches, Bergkamp.

Cheers.

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
you must be a true Bergkamp fan, I am Holland fan too 

siodee,

Thanks for liking my review  :)
You should take a look at his goal against Newcastle. The flick, the turn and the goal! Totally awesome.
He's a watchmaker in disguise like I say  :-*

I used to be an Oranje fan till last European Cup. Still like the way they played but, nowadays not as "clock-work precision" any more.
OT liao.

Watchnewby,

I see alot of Oranje fan in this forum. Guys, we should hold a Malaysiawatchforum soccer match. Team Oranje VS Others. Loser team will part with something. A watch for the winning team, wohoo! :Dancing_banana: 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:50:29 AM by bergkamp10 »

Bergkamp10,

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
I used to own both. The Orca and the Ecozilla....and i have sold both due to financial crisis

But indeed it was an awesome experience...I love both and still missing both days and night....waiting for the day i turn my fortune and i will definitely work on to get both back....

love all your post...great reading

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:39:57 AM »
The Orca and the Ecozilla....and i have sold both due to financial crisis

mnazri.tan,

Sorry to know that.
But I'm glad that they pulled you through hard time.
Watch should instead be a guy's best friend.  :thumbsup:
They not only tell time but also walk you through easy or hard time!

Thanks for liking my posts.
And I love your 'Epic Battle' review!
Have read a few times and still enjoying it till today.
Exactly my kind of review.
Watch review should instead be more than just a details review like what we normally see!!
Hope to see such interesting review from you again, my friend.  :Cheers: 

Bergkamp10,

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »
things happened dude...and yes the precious collection walk me through
it is just part of life...

thanks for reading mine, it was just me indulging myself into that fantasy....hahaha....
at time of writing, i havent made up my mind yet on what i want, end up getting three at one time...and all gone for now...
the good thing is it hold good value...which i am happy with it...

looking forward to your posting as well