Author Topic: Angkat Kaki attitude  (Read 11326 times)

Offline zitan

Angkat Kaki attitude
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:02:36 PM »
RE-INSTATED :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

When someone posted a "Patek Philippe" recently, regardless of its authenticity, the mods acted like bees drawn to honey ............ without actually scrutinize it properly. When I alerted Brompton & he gave his impartial remark. He had actually discussed it with William Massena, mods in Timezone, ........... who had also disputed its authenticity. :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Alternately, when some long MIA "big shot" posted some trivial shots, its also drew similar kind of attention from the mods.

Some mods even remember the birthday of a member, & posted congrat message!

And, when ikan bilis post, will receive cold shoulder lah.

So, is this angkat kaki attitude or not? ??? :laugh: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Re: Angkat Kaki attitude
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
Nobody cares about the PP. Read between the lines
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
I have sent this PM to u and since u are persisting, I will post it here:

No offense but it's refreshing that the guy is no more. Good riddance I would say.

Everyone is a newbie and no one is an expert. Some may be more knowledgable in some areas but we are all learning and wanting to contribute constructively to the forum.

This forum is for everything under the sun and not only watches. But what I do hate is the throwing of honorifics around. We are all friends and equals.

Do some leg work, google up articles, facts etc... Read..read...read....

Ask for opinions and ideas and if u r really interested then only the numbers. Don't be a number collector.

GTGs are organised all the time. If u have missed one, then there are still tons. It's no biggie. I have read and understood all the requirements of the previous GTGs and seriously do not understand why u are so worked up about it.

So peace and chillax. We already have enough politics in real life and do not need to bring any into the forum.

Cheers y'all. 2 weeks leave coming up and hope to see u guys in KL

Offline zitan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
 :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
Bro, let me start by saying that I understand your frustration.
Maybe take a day or two to calm down.... maybe just a bad day?
The internet is filled with all kinds of characters. Just ignore the bad and layan the good.
I have enjoyed all my correspondence with you and you seem like a pretty nice fellow.
This could really just be an off day bro...
This is the only Malaysian Watch Forum that I know of, the other is just a thread at LYN.
Of course all of us has been ticked off one way or another... but let's just stay sensible yeah?
And I hope the mods do not lock a thread and then post comments after as it is like talking to someone while stuffing a rag down his throat...
There is always a solution... lets all try to be sensible...

Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline nayo

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:28:50 PM »
Hear hear bro hanz079. Methinks this has gone on a little more than it should. Let bygones be bygones. The moderators as hosts and stakeholders have every right to act as it see fit, etiquette aside. So chill out.  :Cheers: peace everyone.

Offline zitan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
Bro, let me start by saying that I understand your frustration.
Maybe take a day or two to calm down.... maybe just a bad day?
The internet is filled with all kinds of characters. Just ignore the bad and layan the good.
I have enjoyed all my correspondence with you and you seem like a pretty nice fellow.
This could really just be an off day bro...
This is the only Malaysian Watch Forum that I know of, the other is just a thread at LYN.
Of course all of us has been ticked off one way or another... but let's just stay sensible yeah?
And I hope the mods do not lock a thread and then post comments after as it is like talking to someone while stuffing a rag down his throat...
There is always a solution... lets all try to be sensible...
You are spot on & I praise that you are brave enough to bring up this point: locked a thread & then made comment is just like bound & gap you, then keep on punching defenceless you in the ring.
Thank you, beside Timezone, there is LYN locally.
Good day to all.
 :thumbsup: :Cheers:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
This is so disappointed to see you creating post like this again and reinstated 3 times after my previous replied on your post.

I did step back and take a look and think what i have done to your previous post, and if I've given a chance again, i will still do the same thing as to make this a proper and harmony place for all members to share instead of commenting other's post sarcastically! Yes, Nayo did mentioned that it's just a joke so i didn't comment further but just removing it (even my post) to leave the post "clean".

I don't really care who has what large collections to share or post here or what so ever, i treat every members the same here and to make sure no personal attack around this forum, we do encourage each and every member here to share with us their experiences and collection, if the words we use in the encouragement seem to be an "angkat kaki" to you, that's your personal judgement.

Even if someone posted a fake, unless it is a very obvious fake, if we have no immediate fact, we can't do much.. all i can say is my knowledge is not good/strong enough to detect/tell that it's fake straight away (IF ANY). Therefore, when one accuse the posted watch is fake, we require a proper fact instead of just some sarcastic comment saying it's fake! Think about it if it's genuine and you are the one who posted that, I'm sure you will feel bad too.

Some might not even know they are having a fake one until some one present a proper fact and inform the member. That's the reason why we need to have forum like this to help each other. Please have a look at one of the Panerai post recently asking help to identify the authenticity of the watch. Please refer to http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,4159.0.html

We try to do the best that we can using our extra time.. we do have our day job and life to live instead of spending our energy dealing with you here... furthermore, we do this because we love watches and help growing the community in Malaysia (i hope)! We did not get pay by doing so, Danny even pay for the server hosting!!

Also, no one here call you IKAN BILIS if i remember correctly except yourself. If one wanna be a humble person, over doing it will just seem too fake.

Seriously, if you feel more comfortable posting in TZ or LYN that's fine by me. MWF is non-commercialize forum and that's our intention to keep it this way!

Cheers!
Scott

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
Both parties stand stood on individual principle, there is no right or wrong if one would argue until heaven and earth. Bro Zitan, my advise to you, just sit back and have a cup of coffee, just let it go, what is the point to keep you blood pressure build up for something is virtual. MWF is just a forum, everyone put his own view/comments on certain topic, whether the other person accept or not, it is entirely up to the individual.

If you feel like miss treated anyway, you have every right to voice your concerns. But at the end, you either stay on or leave (but it is sad  :'( if you decided to leave since we have had so much fun/joke here together, but you can always create another nickname and come back again  ;D)...

As for the Mods, there are also individual, just that they have extra privilege to "delete", but that is their jobs to monitor this forum without being paid. Yes, in some occasions, some might felt that the Mods are treated some members better, but everyone of us is human being, we have feeling, sometime may be bias toward certain perspectives, which is why we are all different.

I am not sided to any parties, just want to rational the situation.

P/S : Respect is to earn, and not to get
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »
Both parties stand stood on individual principle, there is no right or wrong if one would argue until heaven and earth.

:thumbsup:

Take care, Ciao!
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline zitan

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
Both parties stand stood on individual principle, there is no right or wrong if one would argue until heaven and earth. Bro Zitan, my advise to you, just sit back and have a cup of coffee, just let it go, what is the point to keep you blood pressure build up for something is virtual. MWF is just a forum, everyone put his own view/comments on certain topic, whether the other person accept or not, it is entirely up to the individual.

If you feel like miss treated anyway, you have every right to voice your concerns. But at the end, you either stay on or leave (but it is sad  :'( if you decided to leave since we have had so much fun/joke here together, but you can always create another nickname and come back again  ;D)...

As for the Mods, there are also individual, just that they have extra privilege to "delete", but that is their jobs to monitor this forum without being paid. Yes, in some occasions, some might felt that the Mods are treated some members better, but everyone of us is human being, we have feeling, sometime may be bias toward certain perspectives, which is why we are all different.

Well said, but, no thanks. In restrospect, I should have taken Brompton advise to join him at Timezone.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »

Well said, but, no thanks. In restrospect, I should have taken Brompton advise to join him at Timezone.

Lord! enough with this. Please grow up. This is getting very tiring.

Still do not understand why you are so worked up.

sigh.............

Offline sshark

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
With that attitude everywhere you go it will be the same for you. in case u didn't know, the problem is with you not the forum or any forum for the matter...

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »

Agreed with Bro Siodee's comment.
If one feels like he/she is being mis-treated in anyway, one has every right to voice out and have his/her rights to stay in the forum or leave.
On the other hand, the Mod.s are human too, sacrificing their time filtering and monitoring the whole forum for unwarranted or spam or junk mail so they may make the whole forum a good place for all watch enthusiasts to enjoy and exchange ideas/discussions/knowledge. Also it is not easy being a Mod. (I should know, as I was a Mod. for another forum (not related to watches) and everytime there will be two or three nasty members who will try to violate some of the basic rules of that forum)

Also, I am not taking sides, but trying to help to rational the whole situation.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »
Gentlemen, please give us a break.

This is not what we wanted to read in any forum. This forum was created by the owner and his volunteers to be presented to us as a playground for all things related to watches and other interesting subjects in a common and mutual respects.

For grouses and on personal attacks (if any,) please put it on PM and keep it that way. Nobody wants to know what’s going on in your private dealing. No heroes and losers here. In the eyes of all forum members, we are all equal. This is the spirits we want and all of us will see that is maintains here.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
Malaysia Watch Forum is for ppl like you and me who like watches to talk about watches....

most of us been active in other watch forum.... i used to hang at WUS, Watchbus.... even watch seller run forum like TZUK & EnzoMechana.....

but finally i spent most of my time here in MWf, the reason is simple....

sumua wa cakap lu orang paham
we know how asam laksa, hokkien mee, nasi lemak, roti canai taste
we all can meet up easily once a while.... yum cha, lim teh, yim cha, teh tarik.... today cant make it tomorow call again!
we all can share where to find parts, which watchmaker is better, which seller is easy to bargain, etc
when we posted for sale we wont hear - i dont ship far east, only conus, etc

so i'm supprise this thread go so long.... get over it..... look forward, we are here for watches, not fight!!!!

Ps - one more thing..... at least some MWF ppl understand what is TNS, KNN, KNS... (n dun get it wrong, i'm hakka actually.... i confirm that, no joke )
http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,456.msg3446.html#msg3446

but not a piu hak (read this in cantonese)  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
wah....3 days not around suddenly all hell brake loose??? erkk
what is going on....aiyah...missed the issue...apa ni apa ni...now i am curious....what is going on wei....

but what ever it is, jangan la gaduh gaduh ok...its only hobby...not life and death matter...not even rocket science...the greatest watch still couldn't cure cancer...so, chill la brother

and now, who wanna give me the juicy gossip...come come...pm me...come...

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline silverstan

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
what happened to MWF??
been away for few months, come back and see this funny guy doing this childish act?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
where hv u been?

Offline rusminag

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »
wah....3 days not around suddenly all hell brake loose??? erkk
what is going on....aiyah...missed the issue...apa ni apa ni...now i am curious....what is going on wei....

but what ever it is, jangan la gaduh gaduh ok...its only hobby...not life and death matter...not even rocket science...the greatest watch still couldn't cure cancer...so, chill la brother

and now, who wanna give me the juicy gossip...come come...pm me...come...
Yes.. PM me too...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline silverstan

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 07:13:35 AM »
where hv u been?

been busy with my work.  :Dancing_banana:
busy with my wife's new car.  :Laughing_on_floor:
and stop myself to view watch forum, don't want get poisoned again...

But, now i think its time to hunt for new watch again.
Too long didn't check for new watch liao... since my last JLC, i think its almost 9 months already..

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
No worry guys. It's just something that he couldn't agreed with and decided to move on to other forum.

In the other hand, he just banned from this forum simply because he keep posting the same message every way and to me, this is a sabotage/spamming act and leave us no choice but to ban him. Thought i should mentioned this here so that you all aware why he got banned.

Doing so, this should be the END of this matter (not a nice way and we don't wish to do it like this but no other choice)!!

Hope you guys have a good day and enjoy!

scott
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:00:46 AM by Scott C. »

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »
+100 % support MWF Mod.  :thumbsup:
watchManU

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Silvertan, I thought u last purchase is 5001? Show us the JLC leh