Author Topic: Wallets  (Read 9111 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Wallets
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »
Just something that I am wondering...
What wallets does most member here use?
Long? Short? twin fold? Tri fold?
For myself, I used to use a Long twin fold leather wallet... I like to keep my notes unfolded and neatly stacked... but after a few years... i find it too big.
So I have now gone the minimalistic route of using a twin fold money clip wallet with 6 credit card slots... it's thin (coz not much money), and small... no bulging pockets.
Any opinions on the believe that wallets should be changed when you feel like income is not smooth as always... need to change wallet to bring back some mojo?  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Watchnewby

Re: Wallets
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
For me, it is twinfold since day 1.

Like watch, I will change my wallet if feel like changing it. (that means, if I get a new wallet, I will give away the old one)
(Note: I used to change wallet only if the old one has holes or is torn.)

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
If your cash or net balance on your credit card is less than the price of the wallet, you're not doing it right.

So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
That's not your wallet brolex.....to simple  :Laughing_on_floor:

Twinfold with 2 cash slots and 6 card slots. No coin bit, never really like them.

On "thinner" days,  twinfold with mone clip and 6 card slots :)
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »
So many style of wallets ka? All i know wallets are just wallets :Laughing_on_floor:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
I once attended a Feng-Sui talk where the "master" said men's wallet must have 12 or 14 slots or places to hold stuffs (coins or even sim cards).
He further demonstrated that a 'good' wallet, with money inside, should not 'open its mouth' and let loose your luck.
Since then, every time I look at wallets, I spent time counting the slots - much to the amusement of the SAs :shocked1:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »
I once attended a Feng-Sui talk where the "master" said men's wallet must have 12 or 14 slots or places to hold stuffs (coins or even sim cards).
He further demonstrated that a 'good' wallet, with money inside, should not 'open its mouth' and let loose your luck.
Since then, every time I look at wallets, I spent time counting the slots - much to the amusement of the SAs :shocked1:

World TKD Federation?!

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Alexl

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
It has always been twinfold for me. However just within the past few years did i started to look into more high end brands.
Btw Hanz you have any particular brand that you have been eyeing?

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
Gucci for me  :thumbsup:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:24:50 AM »
It has always been twinfold for me. However just within the past few years did i started to look into more high end brands.
Btw Hanz you have any particular brand that you have been eyeing?
Just got a new one for myself so it will be awhile before I change my wallet...
If I feel that my mojo is getting weak, then I will change...
Was previously using a Mont Blanc moneyclip wallet, now change to Dunhill moneyclip wallet.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 07:40:31 AM »
Funny...just this morning i put up post on wallet in my fb...now i see this topic...irony

i been using long wallet since 2004... but i am very very particular...I dont change my wallet often....and i didnt buy my wallet since 2004 as well....good luck charm or whatever ? i force (Seriously ) my ex gf, my fiance and lastly my wife to get it for me...and again i am very particular...it must have certain length but not more, it must have certain shape, it must have certain design , etc....buying wallet is a very long process for me....i wont settle for good enough....it must be really good for me...

I like my long wallet to be able to keep RM note neatly, but not too much bigger as i dont like spaces in between, but when i travel to country like Korea....headache, their bank note is larger...and i hate keeping folded bank note in it....hehhehe....

the irony is, i been thinking of getting a new wallet this morning...sort of giving me fresh perspective financially,the old one been along for quite a while, it kept good cash but off late, kindda need new mojo...not that i believe hocus pocus but more like a positive vibe for me...motivational thinggy.....and since i come across this topic the day i posted things about wallet on my fb and the day i been thinking of getting new wallet....yes...I am on it now...hehhe....gonna ask my wife to be ready with it....hahahha.....

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
That's not your wallet brolex.....to simple  :Laughing_on_floor:

Twinfold with 2 cash slots and 6 card slots. No coin bit, never really like them.

On "thinner" days,  twinfold with mone clip and 6 card slots :)

I've yet to find the perfect wallet/card holder since I got back. It's got to be bi-fold (not twin-fold, noobs ::)), can hold 6 credit cards and maybe hold around 10 notes while maintaining a superslim profile.
So, in the nutshell, the finer things in life does not have to be the most expensive or exotic item or place one could have.

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 09:08:38 AM »
IC
lesen memandu
business card
credit card #1: for fuel
credit card #2: for overseas account
credit card #3: for extra-private naughty activities in the night :Dancing_banana:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »
+1 brolex

M.nazri ..the Gucci in long wallet is nice too :)
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline genec

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
@Brolex I've learnt it the hard way.....
Maxed out my credit card in vegas on certain seedy establishments  :Blue: :Blue:..... hahaha
so now I've got two wallets
one for daily usage, bi-fold or whatever its called, but its too thick or chunky. so I use a card holder if I'm going for a night out, just bring enough cash, and ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT CARD!

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
You missed out credit card on local spending leh, the most important one being watches, ........... pay cash all the time meh, need bigger wallet to store cash loh, ............. Oops, forgotten you mentioned to put cash in a bag, senile me :laugh:

for big ticket item I just snap my fingers and my treasurer will deal with the details 

For day-to-day I carry maybe 400 max, and draw or charge as necessary. I've just came back from a place where it is almost cashless - you can use your bank card just about anywhere, for any amount. The Ringgit folds pretty well though.

Offline brolex

• Why so serious?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
@Brolex  certain seedy establishments  :Blue: :Blue:..... hahaha

Why use words like seedy???instead, it's crepuscular physiotherapy  ;D

yeah nah... I can't just carry cash, need to bring my IC as well... cos I look too much like an Indo labourer  :HammerHead:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
+1 Zitan now you know my fren  :thumbsup:
Sir Winston Churchill