Author Topic: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread  (Read 65020 times)

Offline watchmanu

2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
Greetings to All MWF moderators and members,

To kick off the 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread after 1 game is a bit too late BUT better than never!!!  :Dancing_banana:  :Jumping:

I believed that most of our MWF mods and members are very familiar with EPL. So let join the fun, sharing and debate.
(no argument, please  ;D)

Which team will be this coming season champion?

Which team is the dark horse?

Who will be the top scorer?

Who will be the top assist?

How about new teams (QPR, Swansea and Norwich) performance in EPL season?

Others are all welcome to input!  :Cheers:

Thank you very much for the support and sharing!  :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

Let the game begin! (The actual games started last week  :P)

watchManU

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Re: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
think liverpool will beat arsenal tonight

and i hope chelsea manage to find its tune....

interesting as at 9.32 am....newcastle top the chart....hehhehe

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
just finish watching Arsenal vs Liverpool (0 : 2) :Startled:

2 games for Arsenal, 2 RED card for Arsenal in the new season, what a start! :thumbsdown:

is Liverpool too good for Arsenal or Arsenal not up to their usual mark? ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:04:20 PM by watchmanu »
watchManU

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »
Arsenal in deep shit lah
players lost believe after captain n clichy gone, samir on the way out...
Fan booing
no big name in

no dark horse in epl I think
this yr...champion still the follow team...
Mu, man c who spent alot, Chelsea, Liverpool.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Who was it who said, "Football is a funny old game"?
Arsenal is one of the top clubs and Wenger is one of the best managers in the EPL - what's happening to them? :Confused:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »
2 games in the season and you're asking what's happening to Arsenal?

i am no Arsenal fan but looking at the stats of the game yesterday ..they are good with little experience that they have.

yes, they do not spend as much as compared to other clubs but they are the best managed club in the world ..bar none. enviable finances, stadium, returns, roster of players and etc.

Wenger may be a stubborn man who sticks to his own way and philosophy but you must remember, no one who played under him ever said a bad word about him. even Le Sulk pays gratitude to the man. He does not sign world class players, HE makes the players WORLD CLASS
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
I'm no arsenal fan but I like arsenge wenger, he is a gd coach n a top top one!
I love his football... It's club like Chelsea n man city that spoiling the epl by throwing ridiculous $$$...

Arsenge was jus unlucky, arsenal was committed to the emirates few yrs ago... Cash tight!!!
Then the board manage to make $$$ from selling star trained up by arsenge..

So they refuse to spend like other Chelsea, they thought Chelsea won't sustain n they belief money can't buy a team but players... But mourinho proof them wrong! Then b4 Chelsea stop spending, man city spending.... Arsenal is caught, all players lost fate n the team spirit jus gone...

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
2 games in the season and you're asking what's happening to Arsenal?

i am no Arsenal fan but looking at the stats of the game yesterday ..they are good with little experience that they have.

yes, they do not spend as much as compared to other clubs but they are the best managed club in the world ..bar none. enviable finances, stadium, returns, roster of players and etc.

Wenger may be a stubborn man who sticks to his own way and philosophy but you must remember, no one who played under him ever said a bad word about him. even Le Sulk pays gratitude to the man. He does not sign world class players, HE makes the players WORLD CLASS

Well I agree, "He does not sign world class players, HE makes the players WORLD CLASS"  :thumbsup:

Still to early to predict, but I hope Liverpool will be top 4 in this season  :thumbsup:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
Which team will be this coming season champion?  MU

Which team is the dark horse? QPR or THotspurs

Who will be the top scorer? Suarez or Agueira

Who will be the top assist? ---Dunno---- (maybe Rooney or Agueira)

How about new teams (QPR, Swansea and Norwich) performance in EPL season? Of the 3, QPR is my best bet to be the better team and will rival the rest of the mid-table Premier league clubs.

Others are all welcome to input!  :Cheers:

Offline siodee

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
Which team will be this coming season champion?  Liverpool

Which team is the dark horse? QPR (coz Tony is dark, that's why)

Who will be the top scorer? Suarez

Who will be the top assist? Kenny (coz if he sees those players with chicken leg, he will PLAY),

How about new teams? QPR, coz Richard is not in  ;D

Liverpool will be back to the top 4 this season for sure :Cheers:

Hopefully, "you'll never walk alone"
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »
I'm an Arsenal supporter for more than 20years but very disappointed now. Well, I agree Arsene Wenger is a good manager, but he is TOO STUBBORN!!!

Arsenal has becoming a selling club and his youth project is failing even the blind can see but he is not doing anything about it. The defence and the goalkeeper is the main area where Arsenal is dropping points but he is not doing anything about it.

No way Arsenal can win the title with this team even with Fab and Nasri. The Arsenal mediocre players were offered a big fat long term contract without needed to win anything.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/2180/30/Wenger-and-the-board-barely-speak/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:23:40 PM by ancs88 »

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »
A link for reading related to Arsenal and what the current Arsenal fans are thinking... really informative and I love this site!

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
I'm an Arsenal supporter for more than 20years but very disappointed now. Well, I agree Arsene Wenger is a good manager, but he is TOO STUBBORN!!!

Arsenal has becoming a selling club and his youth project is failing even the blind can see but he is not doing anything about it. The defence and the goalkeeper is the main area where Arsenal is dropping points but he is not doing anything about it.

No way Arsenal can win the title with this team even with Fab and Nasri. The Arsenal mediocre players were offered a big fat long term contract without needed to win anything.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/2180/30/Wenger-and-the-board-barely-speak/

Am not a Gunners supporter but tend to agree with your comment.
Gone are the days of Tony Adams & Patrick Viera.
Used to be top 3 together with MU & Chelsea.

My prediction of top 5 teams by year end:
1) MU
2) Chealsea
3) Mancity City
4) Liverpool
5) T Hotspurs

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
anybody watch this morning EPL match between Manchester United vs T. Hotspurs ( 3 : 0)

any comment would like to share?  :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »
Really impressed by Sir Alex's ability to bring out new, young players and mould them into a potential Championship winning team.
Salute! :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
anybody watch this morning EPL match between Manchester United vs T. Hotspurs ( 3 : 0)

Its the Fergies' new fledgings in action - Cleverly, Welbeck, Jones etc. Only the last twenty minutes the "oldies" (Giggs, Rooney etc) were showing they are still a force to reckon' with.
Overall, I believe it is a good work-out by MU in trying to gel the "old" stars with the new players.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »

Its the Fergies' new fledgings in action - Cleverly, Welbeck, Jones etc. Only the last twenty minutes the "oldies" (Giggs, Rooney etc) were showing they are still a force to reckon' with.
Overall, I believe it is a good work-out by MU in trying to gel the "old" stars with the new players.

wah that sister-in-law ****er still dares to show his face ar?

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »

the sister-in-law ****er just signed the contact extension last season la, so have to play lor in order to get more money to f*** chick lor.  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
watchManU

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »
hahah guess the most wholesome ones are is still only the panties wearer and ol' duracell top

sorry just remembered the panties wearer does not have such a wholesome past too.... with the loosgate scandal
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:37:18 AM by terrenceterrence »

Offline siodee

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »

the sister-in-law ****er just signed the contact extension last season la, so have to play lor in order to get more money to f*** chick lor.  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:
hahah guess the most wholesome ones are is still only the panties wearer and ol' duracell top

sorry just remembered the panties wearer does not have such a wholesome past too.... with the loosgate scandal

??? ???, I don't think we understand, soccer jargon???

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
"KENNY DALGLISH hailed his Liverpool stars after they ripped Bolton to shreds ............. Liverpool 3 Bolton 1"
The King's men continue their formidable form :Cheers:

zitan, agreed with your statement as Liverpool played very well in both matches against Arsenal (last week) and against Bolton (yesterday)  :thumbsup:

one of the EPL title contender!
watchManU

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
For the limited amount of money Kenny paid, he has assembled a very good team :thumbsup:

eh..... not really "limited" ...unless you consider 120 million chicken feed. but of course you got to factor in the sale of Torres for 57 million in.

but that is still a lot of money.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
The only buy from King Kenny that I don't understand is Andy Carroll from Newcastle....
BMW if u ask me...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »
The only buy from King Kenny that I don't understand is Andy Carroll from Newcastle....
BMW if u ask me...
Another Robbie Keane in the making.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
BMW if u ask me...
Another Robbie Keane in the making.

still only 23 and alot is very promising. think they expect too much from him  the air.. and kept on crossing for him to head whereas the opposition also expects and predicts he's a threat in the air and close him off.

they tend to forget he got a hard shot too as from the goad against exeter

robbie keane is different because Rafa did not chose to buy him at all thus do not know how to figure him in his plans and tactics. just like Schevchenko and Torres in Dinamo Chelski for Maureen and Carlo.

Carroll is doing quite well drawing the attention and pressure off other players to score. if you watch the matches, his movement and positioning is very good.