Author Topic: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread  (Read 65025 times)

Offline bryankwc

Re: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:14 PM »
I was jumping for joy when Gerrard scored... and pissed as hell when the little chili equalized...  :Scolding:

I think you meant the 'Little Pea' but he's a real hot chili on the pitch.  ;D

.....win with Balotelli scoring 2 and not celebrating and showing his "lansi" face as usual... then kena sent off late in the 2nd half...  :Laughing_on_floor:
Did you see his hair cut/style? Suits his LCLY face!  :HammerHead:
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
More LCLY from Balotelli with the "Why always me?" under shirt when he scored...

And most importantly Man Utd 1 - Man City 6!!

No one saw that coming...

Balotelli did score 2 like I predicted... did not get sent off but taken off...  :mooning:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
somehow i expect that result as MC is really stacked in every department. The depth is just astounding.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
Man Utd 1-6 Man City.
No one saw that coming...
somehow i expect that result as MC is really stacked in every department. The depth is just astounding.
When I saw City's back 4 as compared to Man U's, I thought the Red Devils will have a devil of a time scoring and keeping a clean sheet.  :HammerHead:
But 1-6?!?!?  :Scolding:
Hats off to Mancini & the Blues.  :Cheers:

On a separate note, congrats to the All Blacks for winning (not convincingly, though) the Rugby World Cup.  :Dancing_banana: :Jumping: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
SAF said this is the worst ever defeat over half of a century in his game but hopefully they will bounce back from this heavy defeat.  :Praying:
watchManU

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:56 PM »
Wahahhaha how come no calls for ol red nose' head like Wenger?
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2011, 07:02:16 AM »
Watched the M Derby last night. At 1-3 with 10 minutes to go, was expecting MU to go for broke, but with 1 man down and then MC scored to make it 1-4, I know MU's fate is "numbered".
But 1-6?  :'(  :'(

MCity's back 4 is solid and look at their reserve team. Easily MC can field 2 different teams with the scores of players they have. I put my "hats off to R. Mancini & MC. 

Hope MU will bounced back in the next match.

Off topic a wee bit, the All Blacks won the Rugby World Cup over France. Congratulations to team New Zealand.

Cheers.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
young guns failed arsenge
now young guns failed fergie

$ bring up chelsea
$ bring up man c

red blue red blue.... take turn to rule..... now smurfing !!!! :Blue: :Blue: :Blue:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:55 AM »
Yup, unbelievable 1-6 lost to MC, too many upset games over the weekend, Chong Wei lost, Super Moto Freak accident, somemore earthquake at Turkey  :o :o

Just make me want to speed up my grail purchase  :Confused:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »
Yup, unbelievable 1-6 lost to MC, too many upset games over the weekend, Chong Wei lost, Super Moto Freak accident, somemore earthquake at Turkey  :o :o

Yup. Life is short. Go and enjoy the grail that you always wanted.

Cheers.

Offline siodee

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »

Cheers.

Yup, that was yesterday thoughts, today I am back to reality check, still need to continue saving  :Blue:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »

Cheers.

Yup, that was yesterday thoughts, today I am back to reality check, still need to continue saving  :Blue:
Sama-sama lah, Bro.  :Blue:
Was hoping to catch 1 grail for Christmas, but things didn't go as plan & I'll have to defer till CNY (hopefully!  :Praying: ).
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline siodee

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »

Cheers.

Sama-sama lah, Bro.  :Blue:
Was hoping to catch 1 grail for Christmas, but things didn't go as plan & I'll have to defer till CNY (hopefully!  :Praying: ).

Bro, Christmas and CNY only 1 month different, very short ler, you got to speed up the hunting skill liao  ;D

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal.
Wah-lau-ye! Another weekend, another shocker!  :shocked1:
It's results like this (+ last week's Manchester derby) that make the BPL interesting.
My apologies to M. Wenger & Arsenal for writing him & the Gunners off early in the season.  :Praying:

Man City 3-1 Wolves.
I used to follow Wolves in the old days of English 1st. Division football.
Not expecting a miracle, I thought it was a fair result given City's all round strength.
Really enjoy watching David Silva & Kun Aguero play.  :Jumping:  :Jumping: :Jumping:
The blue side of Manchester looks good for now but......

Everton 0-1 Man Utd.
I think the Red Devils are best at winning while not playing their best football.
That's how they won last season's championship.  :Cheers:
Perhaps the brilliant start to this season is actually bad for them as the players & fans got caught up in trying to keep up with Man City's goal scoring feats.
Maybe Sir Alex & Man U should go back to their 'boring' style & focus on winning the title rather than trying to win every match with style.

Let's hope the fun continues.
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal.
Wah-lau-ye! Another weekend, another shocker!  :shocked1:
It's results like this (+ last week's Manchester derby) that make the BPL interesting.
My apologies to M. Wenger & Arsenal for writing him & the Gunners off early in the season.  :Praying:

Man City 3-1 Wolves.
I used to follow Wolves in the old days of English 1st. Division football.
Not expecting a miracle, I thought it was a fair result given City's all round strength.
Really enjoy watching David Silva & Kun Aguero play.  :Jumping:  :Jumping: :Jumping:
The blue side of Manchester looks good for now but......

Everton 0-1 Man Utd.
I think the Red Devils are best at winning while not playing their best football.
That's how they won last season's championship.  :Cheers:
Perhaps the brilliant start to this season is actually bad for them as the players & fans got caught up in trying to keep up with Man City's goal scoring feats.
Maybe Sir Alex & Man U should go back to their 'boring' style & focus on winning the title rather than trying to win every match with style.

Let's hope the fun continues.

Yes, another week, another shocker. The Blues lost at home and what a goal fest. 8 goals scored in this match. This is definately "entertaining football".

Agreed with your assesment on MU boring style of play which produced result.
There are  some who view good attacking football with style who also wins matches like FC Barcelona, but how many can emulate them? Arsenal - plays flawless passing game, and nice free flowing attacking style, but where does that leave Arsenal ?
Sometimes a "slow and steady" build-up game like what MU does last year is the correct "formula" to win games. Of course, If Sir AF starting eleven consists of the young guns, they will want to impress the world and plays a fast attacking game. IMO this tactic can only be effective against some opponents, not all the opponents.

Cheers.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:02 AM »
Arsenal 3-0 West Brom.
On the surface, looks like a comfortable win for the Gunners at home & it was.
The high point was Van Persie's performance - 1 goal & 2 assists.
The low point is going to be the Van Persie factor - what will happen to the Gunners if his form drops or worse, if he gets injured?  ???
To me, Arsenal has to improve its squad if they are to be a force again.

Man Utd 1-0 Sunderland.
I thought it was a low key performance by the Red Devils, especially at home & on a BIG occassion - Sir Alex's day.  :Cheers:
Don't tell me they got the jitters!
At the end of the day, it was 3 points in the bag + another clean sheet & I guess Sir Alex will be happy enuff. 

QPR 2-3 Man City.
Another weekend, another near shocker.
Ohh, how I wish!
City just have too many quality players but my respect to the Hoops for a wonderful game of football.

Congrats also to Newcastle (the other unbeaten side left in the BPL) & Swansea for the brave display at Anfield.
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »

Man Utd 1-0 Sunderland.
I thought it was a low key performance by the Red Devils, especially at home & on a BIG occassion - Sir Alex's day.  :Cheers:
Don't tell me they got the jitters!
At the end of the day, it was 3 points in the bag + another clean sheet & I guess Sir Alex will be happy enuff. 

Congrats also to Newcastle (the other unbeaten side left in the BPL) & Swansea for the brave display at Anfield.

Yes, that is how MU played last season racing to become the League Champion. MU should play a steady game, unlike a good passing game for show but porous at the back.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
Norwich  1-2 Arsenal.
Man City 3-1 Newcastle.
Swansea 0-1 Man Utd.

No surprises here, a case of same old-same old.
Balotelli may be the most LCLY player in the BPL, but he's GOOD!  :Scolding:
I feel the Gunners are overly relying on RVP while the Red Devils need to rediscover their ruthlessness - as 1 commentator put it, "Other teams don't fear United anymore."  :Blue:

Biggest results of the weekend:  :Cheers:
Stoke    2-3 QPR.
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool.

I heard Tony is putting up 15 million Pounds for QPR to buy more players & have asked fans for suggestion.
Looks like the Hoops may be here to stay.
Can't help wondering if some of those money comes from MAS - which means all M'sian taxpayers have a stake in QPR!  :P

Match of the week, with the biggest controversy:  :Startled:
Wigan 3-3 Blackburn.

"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
Just wanna tumpang this in:

MALAYSIA JUST WON THE SEA GAMES FOOTBALL GOLD!  :Dancing_banana: :Jumping: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping: :Dancing_banana: :Jumping:
After extra time & tied at 1-1, penalties were on.
Malaysia 4-3 Indonesia.

Syabas!  :Cheers:
Malaysia boleh!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:37:21 PM by bryankwc »
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »

I feel the Gunners are overly relying on RVP while the Red Devils need to rediscover their ruthlessness - as 1 commentator put it, "Other teams don't fear United anymore."  :Blue:

1) Yes Gunners is relying heavily on RVP after the other players like Nasri & Fabregas left the Gunners.

2) MU is slacking in their last 3 games. They have to tighten up their game, else they will not be at the forefront for this season.

3) As for the Blues, AVP is most likely to follow Brucie's footsteps if the Blues owner got pissed off with < 50% result. 5 losses in 9 games in all front.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »
Latest Champions League results :
Basel 2 MU 1 = MU should be out of the 2nd round
Bayern 0 MC 2 = MC is doing better than their more illustrious neighbour.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
Wolves 1-2 Stoke.
I watched this game becos I used to like watching Wolves during the old days of the 1st. Division and Stoke is THE surprise of the season so far.
The Potters are in the top half and has qualified for the knock-out stage of the Europa Cup. Great job!  :Cheers:
Just as some people watch motor-racing hoping to see some crashes, you'll not be disappointed with Wolves.
They are a (very) physical side and their midfielders play like bulls protecting their turf - charge at the opposition and bang them down, hard!  :HammerHead:
They survived last year's drop by the skin of their teeth, and this season, the lack of proper talent is showing.
Having said that, I do wish they'll survive this year cos it'll make the league more fun to watch.  :laugh:

Newcastle 0-0 Swansea.
The Toons were flying almost as high as Man City until they met on 19/Nov at the City of Manchester & lost 3-1. :(
Their last win was right before their 1st. loss:
05/Nov.  Won at home v/s Everton (2-1).
Since then they had not won a single match:  :thumbsdown:
26/Nov.  Drew away to Man U (1-1).
03/Dec.  Lost at home to Chelsea (1-3).
10/Dec.  Lost away to Norwich (4-2).
17/Dec.  Drew at home with Swansea.
So, what happened to Newcastle? How and why did they loose their mojo? :shocked1:
Well, the chairman Mike Ashley decided it's good business to change the stadium's name from St. James' Park to The Sports Direct Arena.
And this happened on 10/Nov - coincidence?
Or is it a case of bad feng-sui?
Time to bring in the masters - Lillian Too? Joey Yap?  :laugh:

Looking forward to tonight's matches.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:20:44 AM by bryankwc »
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2011, 08:07:57 AM »
Silva(MC) and Rooney(MU) help their teams to win in last Sunday matches.

QPR 0-2 MU.
Rooney was good in this match and so was Carrick. I like watching Carrick plays and in the last couple of games, he has contributed a lot. Good job, MU.

Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool.
Bellamy and Skertl came good in this match.

Man C 1-0 Arsenal
This was a good Sunday match which pits two of the most entertaining teams agaisnt each other.
In the end it was Silva who end the deadlock in the 52nd minutes. But a lot of fouls was commited and 5 yellow cards( 2 MC, 3 Gunners) were shown by the referee.

Tomorrow night will feature 2 matches :
Wolves vs Norvich
Blackburn vs Bolton

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
If only we have a Fowler like player..translating all those missed chances to goals...sigh...
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Anyway, things doesn't look too bad for Liverpool. In Daglish analysis, in the club last couple of matches, their players has hit the woodwork 17 times and if the woodwork is not there, then the Kops will be in the top 3 position in the BPL. Only no Luck.