Author Topic: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread  (Read 64994 times)

Offline Watchnewby

Re: 2011-2012 English Premier League Season Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
Last weekend, MC was held to a scoreless 0-0 with a "minnow" club, WBA.
MU did better by putting 5 against Wigan.
Spurs did well to mantain 3rd position, with Bale in outstanding form.
Reds, Blues and Gunners all played to a draw with their respective opponents.

New Year eve matches will be good to watch to see who will top the table at the half way mark.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2012, 06:30:08 AM »
Looks like MC is leading the pack at the half way mark. If they can mantain their momentum in the 2nd half of the football season, they will be the new League Champion. With MU hot at their heels, Mancini has better not let the team out of steam.

MU's lack of good defender to replace their crock list gave them a "yo-yo" performance. They tried to keep up with MC but if they cannot perform against minnow teams, then they may lose the league championship to MC.

The surprise this season is Spurs. Tottenham has earned their "spurs" by mantaining 3rd position so far.

The old hands like Reds, Gunners and others who at one time are among the top 4 or 5 teams in the league are not doing well this season. It will be interesting to see the performance of these teams in the second half of the season.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
Capello quits as England team Boss over Terry's affairs.

Back to topic - up to the 1/3 way mark, it is still a "2-horse" race between the Red and the Blue halves of Manchester. Chelsea and Spurs are hot at their heels.

Last weekend games was entertaining, especially the Chelsea-MU match.
After Chelsea leads by 3 goals to none, I though MU lost again, but what a magnificient fightback, albeit over a controversial penalty kick, by MU to draw level.
This is what MU should be playing day in and day out. The "never-say-die attitude.

Cheers.

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Hello!
What happened to all the footie fans?!?  ???
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
Not much to watch already, MU already have the title in their pocket, unless they're going to shoot themselves in the foot during the final 6 games, only that way could ManCity catch up. Others like Arsenal already confirm a CL spot, final spot will be decided in the last 6 games, newcastle, tottenham, chelsea will slug it out for that spot.

Relegation part is more interesting, except for wolves which is confirm going down, the other 2 places are still up for grabs, bolton, qpr, blackburn, wigan. I personally think the final standings will be like this:

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle
18. Bolton
19. Wigan
20. Wolves

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2012, 06:23:42 AM »
Not much to watch already, MU already have the title in their pocket, unless they're going to shoot themselves in the foot during the final 6 games, only that way could ManCity catch up. Others like Arsenal already confirm a CL spot, final spot will be decided in the last 6 games, newcastle, tottenham, chelsea will slug it out for that spot.

Relegation part is more interesting, except for wolves which is confirm going down, the other 2 places are still up for grabs, bolton, qpr, blackburn, wigan. I personally think the final standings will be like this:

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Newcastle
18. Bolton
19. Wigan
20. Wolves

Not really, as ManU drew with Evberton 4-4, while MAnC won at Wolves 2-0.
The title will be decided at Etihad this weekend : If ManU won and won another game from the last 2 games, ManU will be the League Champ. If MAnC won at Etihad, they will lead the title race on goal difference.

Back to Everton game. What a fightback by Everton. They used to be MAnU "B" or "C" team, reason being majority of their players are formerly MAnU players. But I like what Moyes did to the team, turning an average team into a team that can surprise many.

As for relegation teams, Wolves will be the first to go down after 3 seasons in the Premier League.
The other 2 places will be a "tussle" among the followin clubs - QPR, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn.

Offline ronnie2u

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
This weekend's EPL match of the season Manchester City vs Manchester United.
Who will win ?

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »
Only time can tell~  :P
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2012, 10:55:13 PM »
dare not say which team... both are good this season, if few years ago i would say MC  ::)

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
dare not say which team... both are good this season, if few years ago i would say MC  ::)

IMO, a few years ago it is MU.
But now, MC with lots of $$$ can give MU a run for the money as they have strengthen the team by buying good players and a good manager in Mancini.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
money can buy good player and good manager... even a trophy for short term....

but money wont buy you class....

u owned all the limited edition and the most expensive of hermes bag also doesnt mean u  hv class
i seen ppl wearing RM on his wrist Polo RL shirt armani jeans, driving M5, carrying LV bag, using Vertu phone....
still he look like a ah bek.... if he open mouth, worst!!!

:Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:
MU all the way..............:Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:24:04 AM by chrisyen »

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »
yes money wont buy you class or trophy... but from they way Man City has been playing all season... i am certain that it has really bought them some real classy football unlike Chelski.

they and Arsenal are the only 2 entertaining teams in the league as far as I am concerned. No bloody pumping the balls from the wings that is so synonymous with English football.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »

:Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:
MU all the way..............:Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

+100  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
watchManU

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
MU Down the Way!!   :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »
It is really uncharacteristic for MU to implode like that.
Normally when MU gets their noses in front during the 4th quarter of the season, it's all over.
But it's not all over for MU yet as i see MC's  2 last matches are tricky especially Newcastle.
QPR is not an easy one too as they will be fighting till the last day to avoid relegation.
MU meanwhile have to take on Swansea which is already safe with neither relegation or european football in sight.
And against Sunderland which is in the same situation as Swansea.

But football being football, there are higher powers dictating...  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »

IMO, a few years ago it is MU.
But now, MC with lots of $$$ can give MU a run for the money as they have strengthen the team by buying good players and a good manager in Mancini.

oppsss, typo  ;D yeah it's definitely MU !

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
It is really uncharacteristic for MU to implode like that.
Normally when MU gets their noses in front during the 4th quarter of the season, it's all over.
But it's not all over for MU yet as i see MC's  2 last matches are tricky especially Newcastle.
QPR is not an easy one too as they will be fighting till the last day to avoid relegation.
MU meanwhile have to take on Swansea which is already safe with neither relegation or european football in sight.
And against Sunderland which is in the same situation as Swansea.

But football being football, there are higher powers dictating...  ;D

Agreed with the above comments. MU should play attacking football and not defensively like what happens in Chelsea-Barcelona mstches

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
Newcastle and THotspurs won their respective matches and ase now 1 points behind Arsenal with 2 matches to go. The battle heats up for 3rd and 4th placing.
My guess is that MC and MU will be #1 & #2, but for #3 & #4 will be anybody guess. If the Gunners falter between the last two matches, then Newcastle and Spurs will be take over among the EPL Top 4 teams.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
I love old red nose, when they floated the club and gained tons of moolah to enlarge the stadium, pay astronomical wages, transfer fees and etc... He never looked at his own reflection and said that's an unfair economical advantage.

U wanna see a shoestring budget working wonders? Ask the professor.

Just because someone comes in with more cash, does not mean that it's buying success. It just means the playing field is being leveled.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2012, 08:36:23 AM »
Money doesn't buy success in football but its almost becoming the obligatory down payment nowadays....Nasri ineffective? throw in multi-million signing, Dzeko.  Tevez is showing tantrum? Put him in cold storage because they can buy Arguero and use him.  Goals dried up? Errr....persuade Tevez to come back (and probably increase his bonus).  And what if Dzeko, Arguero and Tevez can't score? Well, >20 million pound Toure should do the job...

However, I do respect Mancini for his ability to put the team together. 

`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »

U wanna see a shoestring budget working wonders? Ask the professor.

Just because someone comes in with more cash, does not mean that it's buying success. It just means the playing field is being leveled.

A good example is Everton. A team on a shoestring budget but can match the cash-rich clubs.

Last night matches point to a ManC winning their first League Championship. ManC 2 Newcastle 0. MU 2 Swansea 0. I would have thought that MU will try to score > 2 goals, like 6 or 7 goals to narrow down the goal differences.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:02:46 AM by Watchnewby »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2012, 07:07:39 AM »
What a finale!!!

Title sway left and right and finally stay put in the last 5 minutes of injury time.
One of the most exciting BPL season!!
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
Congratz Manchester.... City~ ^^

:Cheers:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
Where were you when we're getting high!!!!? ....... Champagne Supernova baby.........woooo

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »
it was madness....

a season to forget for us Pool fans....but the excitement during the final minutes will made this a classic season for all footie fans...
`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'