Author Topic: Any upcoming GTG for Q3???  (Read 43492 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Any upcoming GTG for Q3???
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
2) dpkong

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »
better go to one open house lah....

summit, u guys can go everyday!!!

chris is right, too bad i'm still stuck in oversea..... :Scolding:
watchManU

Offline kiamat

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
OK, from the feedback gathered, the best possible date to 'accomodate' all falls on 31/8/11 (Wed).

Now the Venue & date is set;
Venue: Summit - USJ
Date: 31/8/2011 (Wed)
Time: After 2pm

Please confirm your present.
1) David
2) dpkong
3) Woon

Place to meet at summit; Contact by phone. I will PM to all interested parties my contact.

dc

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »
OK, from the feedback gathered, the best possible date to 'accomodate' all falls on 31/8/11 (Wed).

1) David
2)

Place to meet at summit; Contact by phone. I will PM to all interested parties my contact.

dc

Please confirm your present:
1) David
2) dpkong
3) Woon
4) Watchnewby (Chng)
5)

Offline chin

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »

1) David
2)

dc

1) David
2) dpkong
3) Woon
4) Watchnewby (Chng)
5) Chin

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
Dc, I will confirm by next week, just waiting for some Open House confirmation, cause it is around the Raya week. A lot of makan happening... ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline genec

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
DC and all sifus.
may I ask if there are any watch repair place in summit? if there are then I would like to join this upcoming gathering.
My father just gave me his old Longines, its been dead for over 15 years.... I'm wondering if I could find someone to revive it.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
My Raya open house most probably on the 17th of Sep. Will post updates and details later.
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
siodee - Ok, I shall be hearing from you.

genec. - I am not too sure this shop at the summit accept your old longiness for repairs, for he mostly do rolexes. (confirmed with the owner, his shop opens on 31/8 - Wed)

And there is another shop at the same complex that does repairs on old omegas and clock works Maybe we should try him out. (Not too sure this particular shop open on raya day)

But if we meet up, I may guide you to another repair sifu who does repair on watches like yours. Again it up to him to accept this repair works.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline genec

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
siodee - Ok, I shall be hearing from you.

genec. - I am not too sure this shop at the summit accept your old longiness for repairs, for he mostly do rolexes. (confirmed with the owner, his shop opens on 31/8 - Wed)

And there is another shop at the same complex that does repairs on old omegas and clock works Maybe we should try him out. (Not too sure this particular shop open on raya day)

But if we meet up, I may guide you to another repair sifu who does repair on watches like yours. Again it up to him to accept this repair works.

dc

Thanks DC  :thumbsup:

Offline genec

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

1) David
2)

dc

1) David
2) dpkong
3) Woon
4) Watchnewby (Chng)
5) Chin

1) David
2) dpkong
3) Woon
4) Watchnewby (Chng)
5) Chin
6) Genec (Eugene)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
wow... looking to become quite a crowd. going to be interesting to see you all there. don't forget to bring all your watches along!! i believe that since this will be in a Rolex shop, we could be there a very LONG time..  ;D  ;D  so late-comers should still find us there.

as a side note, if first day of Raya falls on 31st, i would be in Klang (obligatory visit) in the morning but should be back before 2pm to catch you all.

any place for  :Cheers: in that complex??

Offline genec

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »
wow... looking to become quite a crowd. going to be interesting to see you all there. don't forget to bring all your watches along!! i believe that since this will be in a Rolex shop, we could be there a very LONG time..  ;D  ;D  so late-comers should still find us there.

as a side note, if first day of Raya falls on 31st, i would be in Klang (obligatory visit) in the morning but should be back before 2pm to catch you all.

Klang? I'm staying in klang  :Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
Hi

My contact already PM to all interested parties.
Member/s whom had not received, please let me know via PM

Thanks.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:57 AM »

dc

Hello David,

I have an old Titoni watch which needs repairing.  Does the repair sifu repairs on other brands (not expensive brands) as well?
If he does, I will bring it along for the mini Gtg.

Offline siodee

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »
He is also a Titoni lover, I guess he can check out if I am no mistaken
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 07:47:54 AM »
Watchnewby
(Chang)

Do bring along your old Titoni and let the shop evaluate. To repair or not is his prerogative.

A word of caution, he may sublet his repairs to others (other than rollie)
 - see you tonight for a game / stroking of Table tennis

Received PM from dpkong / Chin / afd / Eugene...thanks

dc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:52:08 AM by David_cheong »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 08:59:58 AM »
rolex is the easiest to repair watch...
because it is common, gear and wheel is big, simple ( no complication ), steel is easy to polish ( not hard )
on top of that rolex is expensive so can charge more....

so which watchmaker so choosy (smart) @ DavidCheong?

titoni is using ETA movement... if he/she cant repair then the watchmaker either lousy or choosy (bcoz he cant charge mo)

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
because it is common, gear and wheel is big, simple ( no complication ), steel is easy to polish ( not hard )

titoni is using ETA movement... if he/she cant repair then the watchmaker either lousy or choosy (bcoz he cant charge mo)

Chrisyen - I wish to reserve my comments on that. ;D

Any watch makers / repairs has his / her own  prerogative to accept or decline any watches presented to them. period.

dc

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:48:26 AM by David_cheong »

Offline siodee

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Err....smell some Dynamite or C4 here

Offline kiamat

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »

Klang? I'm staying in klang  :Cheers:

wah u also klang ar? hor seh liao ha ha ha all the while i thought i am the only one from klang.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »

Chrisyen - I wish to reserve my comments on that. ;D

Any watch makers / repairs has his / her own  prerogative to accept or decline any watches presented to them. period.

dc

a watchmaker who makan gaji will repair what ever u throw to them unless they can't do it or no parts available
but a businessman / the shop owner will reject if profit margin low

look at the 'everyday advertised in paper watchservice center' the shop keepers in branches normally know nothing bout watches. His job is receive n throw to those worked for them (freelance). That's y he won't quote u straight all the time. He will even charge u for quotation. Bcoz the shop need to pay for transporting the watch to watchmaker(3rd party)

pls, Im not close to Jacob n co big diamond ring owner, so no c4 here. I Jus curious y a watchmaker will reject a titoni watch power by eta movement?

So i guess
1. The business man who use to do big business, he dunno how to charge for servicing a titoni watch bcoz the watch is not expensive, jus service he can only charge rm150-250. But for him to make arrangement, call + despatch 2 ways... Not worth!

If it is a rolex watch, same arrangement, his freelance watchmaker will charge him the same as servicing an eta movement... But he can charge much higher!!!

That's my guess... Jus A guess... I can b very wrong...
If u hv the facts n want to correct me pls do so... Tats Mwf spirit, sharing the experience, knowledge, news....
@dc - pls share with us since u know the shop better

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:36:03 AM by chrisyen »

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 09:38:54 AM »
Thanks siodee and david.

Per david's comment on the watch repairer's right to repair, I tend to agree with him.
Like what chrisyen mentioned on the business profitability or the choosy watch repairer, IMHO, the repairer is one smart fella. To be able to charge higher for repairing similar movement.
But, in this world, I believe it is a "seller-buyer" agreement that will see the transaction done. In saying so, I agreed with david that if the watch repairer agrees to repair & the owner is satisfied with the labour cost, then it is a "done-deal".  Otherwise the watch owner has to look elsewhere or other repairs joint.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »
david is also a fren of mine! v use to yum cha in shamelin when he work there! where is the fire come from also i dunno...

yes we r human, v hv different view sometimes...

i hv bad experience with one shop, other may hv gd experience....

n i shd not bc body here.... n underestimate u all judgement.....

Offline siodee

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42:45 AM »
Aiya, why so fast into peace, I was thinking perhaps organize a paint ball game, where we have 2 teams with one lead by David and the other lead by Christ, then winner get a good treat dinner.  :Laughing_on_floor: