Author Topic: A Rolex for every achievement, A Rolex for every condition, A rolex for...  (Read 3703 times)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
every situation?

:Laughing_on_floor:

'97 Norwegian Antartic Expedition members.. wearing their aptly named Polar Explorers  :laugh:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline takashi78

Such a coincidence that i saw that pic yesterday haha.

Hanz,
Ask your dad pose for same style of pic haha

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE

Hanz,
I'm afraid that he will belanja me makan knuckle sandwich!!  :Laughing_on_floor:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Friday

MWF members should defo pose the same on next gtg.. terrenceterrence will lead the pack.. :mooning:  :Dancing_banana:
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife

Hanz,
I'm afraid that he will belanja me makan knuckle sandwich!!  :Laughing_on_floor:

borrow the explorer and climb up mount kinabalu, take a photo of yourself with the watch in that pose and show it to your dad.

you might gain yourself a new watch after that  :laugh:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
on the other note... found this.

this might be just the first watch to reach the summit of Everest. George Mallory's Rolex

Mallory is famously quoted as having replied to the question "Why do you want to climb Mount Everest?" with the retort: "Because it's there", which has been called "the most famous three words in mountaineering".

Mallory's ultimate fate was unknown for 75 years, until his body was finally discovered in 1999 by an expedition that had set out to search for the climbers' remains. Whether or not Mallory and Irvine reached the summit before they died remains a subject of speculation and continuing research.

The pair's last known sighting was only a few hundred metres from the summit.

There is still a heated debate whether he reached the summit or not because all his belongings were found on his dead body except the photo of his beloved wife that he promised he would leave it on the summit of Everest should he successfully reach the top.

George Mallory

Andrew Irvine