Author Topic: Any Golfer in the house?  (Read 18748 times)

Offline rusminag

Any Golfer in the house?
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »
Just checking if there are golfers in the house. Maybe can do a gtg+golf any time later.
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline rusminag

Re: Any Golfer in the house?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »
Golf time... wear Citizen lah....LOL...

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
used to be, not anymore, prefer to move to other sports that benefits me like aikido, running.....

Offline rusminag

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
used to be, not anymore, prefer to move to other sports that benefits me like aikido, running.....
Well.. As long you keep yourself healthy.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »
quit b4 i'm really into it... bcoz if i really into it.... my wife will run away.... no more time at home!!!

Offline rusminag

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
quit b4 i'm really into it... bcoz if i really into it.... my wife will run away.... no more time at home!!!

It is not about how much time you spend with her... it is the quality of time..... he...he... hee...

To tell you the truth... gila golf is cheaper than gila jam.....  when you crazy about watch... then you start flipping... shuffling.... spending.... damn... poison will keep coming.....

Offline acurusaragon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
I used to be golf giler ... now only doing it on functional basis ( company event etc.) and its cheaper and free ....

For the last five years turn my hobby into something more damaging ......   Flying RC Sailplane and gliders ..:)

-sam

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »
 :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: All the used to be golfer now change to different hobbies,  :Dancing_banana: I am one of them too, used to be crazy about golf, it is a good sport with mind, physical and patience. We always like to challenge at the driving range of who can "bonk" the farther, who will get free seat on the green. Those were the old days  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline rusminag

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
Wow... So many ex-golfers.  Why do you stop? Surely it is not due to the cost.

Offline siodee

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »

Well for my case, it is just naturally go away after the first born, never pick up again. My set is eating dust now in the store room, and the poor Big Betha, use to win me some free seat, also fren with spider now... :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:56:04 AM »

Well for my case, it is just naturally go away after the first born, never pick up again. My set is eating dust now in the store room, and the poor Big Betha, use to win me some free seat, also fren with spider now... :Laughing_on_floor:

Yep. Agreed with the above comment. I was one ex-golfer, too, after the first born.
Now a "born-again" golfer. Must clean those irons and woods in the store.
Am only playing once a fortnight starting last month. Am playing at Kinrara this weekend.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »

seriously...aikido ???

Offline compaq10

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »
me, still an avid golfer  :thumbsup: Pick-up the sport 3 years ago. But handicap still high  ;D, . A good game to socialize & build your network  :D

Offline jet78

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »
Actually... I played 4 games this year... i suck bad at it...
its too hot to play in malaysia... :laugh:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
No problem, jet.
I know the feeling. If you are hardworking at the range, I am sure you can bring your game to a new level.
As for me, gotta stop next two months, as most of my weekend already filled up - table tennis tournament(as TO = technical officer), jungle/hill treking/hiking, weekend courses etc.
Will only get back to golf during Christmas and the new year.

Cheers.

Offline jet78

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
I actually work in shanghai... the weather is getting cooler... great for a few rounds...but its dam pricey for a game there.

Offline ckmcsk

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »
when golfing... i do not wear anything... so i do not know the time and can leisurely enjoy the swing.

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
hi wanna ask some golf expert here

i never play golf before but i WANNA play,
i plan to go for driving range, just hit the ball to range field.

but i dun know normally how they calculate the rate for this kind of game?

are buy count by ball or perhour rate?

anyone here can let me know where is cheaper, is the golf stick provided?
Khan Wooi

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 10:30:16 PM »

khanwooi, i believed driving range count by games which they will provide you certain numbers of golf balls for you to "drive" and stick is not provided. this is based on my previous experience with my friend at driving range which happened more than 5 years ago. maybe now the rules change. some golf sifu perhaps can clarify this.  :thumbsup:
watchManU

Offline rusminag

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »
Normal rate about RM10.00 for 100 balls. Bring your own golf clubs. You may ask to borrow the clubs available( some 9 or 7 irons) that maybe left by golfers and never being reclaimed.

Offline siodee

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »

Well, most of the driving give you a bucket of balls, then you just place it and hit it. The only one I tried is automatic will be at KLGCC. So, just wait for the ball to appear from the ground  :thumbsup:...Hire a trainer, so you won't injure yrself. Cause swing with wrong gesture can damage your body

Just my 33 cents  ;D

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
I actually work in shanghai... the weather is getting cooler... great for a few rounds...but its dam pricey for a game there.

You are right, playing a round of golf is very pricy in China.
A round at a "pariah" course in China will cost similar to ahat the Mines charge for a round in KL.
Imagine if playing on a beautiful championship course in China, definately cost a bomb.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »

You wanna go driving range and hit some balls.
Questions : Do you know the proper way to swing and hit the golf balls? Proper posture of hitting with an iron or a wood? Location of the golf ball in relation to your feet prior to your swing?

Like some members suggest, you either bring a golfing friend with you to show you how or engage a golf instructor to teach you how.
The balls in the driving range are charged 100 pieces for RM10.00 on average. Some place may be RM9.00 while some place may be more (include tax??) etc.

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

You wanna go driving range and hit some balls.
Questions : Do you know the proper way to swing and hit the golf balls? Proper posture of hitting with an iron or a wood? Location of the golf ball in relation to your feet prior to your swing?

Like some members suggest, you either bring a golfing friend with you to show you how or engage a golf instructor to teach you how.
The balls in the driving range are charged 100 pieces for RM10.00 on average. Some place may be RM9.00 while some place may be more (include tax??) etc.

non of my friend is playing golf,
and actually i just wanna try and just go for it,
so this thing, i tot of just dont care pay for the 100 ball then hope they provide the golf stick, then just hit the ball,

should no injured is there is no ppl around me.

but the golf stick if i not wrong is really need to choose properly base on the the height, there is many diff stick, size and type.
i'am about 170cm height, so which type, how long should i choose?

it really killing if need to buy my own gold stick, u know normal 1 we see in the shopping about 1K for 1, i rather go for seiko monster.

hahaha
Khan Wooi

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 05:12:47 AM »

non of my friend is playing golf,
and actually i just wanna try and just go for it,
so this thing, i tot of just dont care pay for the 100 ball then hope they provide the golf stick, then just hit the ball,

should no injured is there is no ppl around me.

but the golf stick if i not wrong is really need to choose properly base on the the height, there is many diff stick, size and type.
i'am about 170cm height, so which type, how long should i choose?

it really killing if need to buy my own gold stick, u know normal 1 we see in the shopping about 1K for 1, i rather go for seiko monster.

hahaha
No need to buy 1 stick(call club generally and divided into iron or wood, depends on the shape) for 1K. There are 2nd hand shops selling 1 iron for less than RM100.
As for heights, you need to hold the club and get a feel. Even if your height is 170cm, but your arm or your upper body is longer than some other person who have the same height but their legs are longer, therefore have to use 2 different length of clubs for these 2 person with the same height.
My concern for you to go into the range alone without proper supervision is not injuring other people but injuring yourself. Wrong posture, overswinging etc may cause injury to yourself.
Ever heard of golfers elbow, back pain shoulder pull etc? These are signs of golf related injury.