Author Topic: Freshie In Da Houze!  (Read 3497 times)

Offline limsy

• Freshie
Freshie In Da Houze!
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
Hi All Watch Lover,

My horology journey leads me to this Forum many months ago and do not have the courage to post here coz most of you are so pro in horology knowledge and history. Its quite intimidating to me....so has been looking and admiring all your wonderful collection from a far.

Today i have no choice but to force myself to post and intro myself because i wanted to post on classified but in order for me to do so..i hve to reach 25 post counts  :P :P

I have been interested in watches since my school days but those days funds are very limited as a school boy. So in order to get a watch is to promise my dad that I will do well in exams and as a reward I will get the watch of my choice. Throughout my 12 years in primary & secondary days, I manage to do well only 4 times  :Laughing_on_floor: If i remember correctly I had a Mickey Mouse watch, a Seiko and 2 Casio Digital (game & watch type another is a calculator).

As time passes by its time for college and I have to move to the city which is a huge change that opens my horizon in life. My interest in watches has automatically taken a back seat because the college fees are high and getting a degree is my main priority. At this time, relying on parents money for college fee is not a good feeling let alone asking dad for reward anymore.

As i slowly getting used to college life and getting comfortable, naturally the opposite sex is also one of my favourite pass time. It is also one of the main contributing factors for me to totally erased my hobby for almost 10 years!! No offence to all female collector here ya  ;) ;)

Well as they all says..time flying by so bloody fast when one is having fun!! Indeed!!

Before you know it, its graduation and time to bid farewell to all your blood brothers and our favourite pass time.

Getting hired for the job you like is hard to comeby for a graduate and sometimes 3rd interviews wont guarantee you will get hired  :Laughing_on_floor:

Anyways I landed my 1st job in a local publishing house and was sent up North for 3 months. Driving in an old white Gemini company car with a mini fan rattling left right on the dash board across Ipoh, Seberang Prai and finally Kedah. Those were the days when the trunk roads were still driveable at anytime and many moms & pops stalls along the way offering authentic Msian kampung style cooking. Ahhh…..the good old days, old skool cooking that I can only cherish and longing for the rest of my life.

After several years in publishing it is getting pretty boring and the urge to try new things is hard to resist. Construction was my next adventure and my work place is where Desa Park City is now. But long long time ago it was a granite mountain with a gigantic lake at its foot hill.
I am still very much soul searching at this stage of my life while working in the construction industry. Still lepaking and wondering what is the career I wanted that will stop me from rolling around.

Finally decided to study advertising part time and get to know new classmates which ended up being friends. Long story short, I manage to get a job in an advertising firm and started mixing with the crazy bunch partying boozing day and nite. Work Hard & Play Hard! Life was just too short then. 24 hours is never enough. Lifestyle also upside down. Nite become day…day become nite! Believe it or not this change of lifestyle rekindles me with my long lost friend..…my long forgotten buddy that was once so rewarding and satisfying.
Oh friend where have you been all these while? Where have you been hiding? Or was I the one who was so blinded by all the changes in my life?

To be continued…..(thanks for reading btw).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:51:03 PM by limsy »

Offline Sid Vicious

Re: Freshie In Da Houze!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
Welcome mate

Waiting for part two

Hope u enjoy iy here
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Welcome bro...
Quick quick part 2...  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »
Brovo.

Great self introduction. Waiting to hear from you on part 2.

Classified aside. Do join us for more watch talk and enjoy yourself here.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline jonhtks

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
Welcome in cant wait for ur part 2 as part one is too interesting  :thumbsup:

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »
Welcome mate, just dont aim for selling your watch only, participate in the forum, and remember to buy from here too  ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline limsy

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »
Good morning all,

Thanks for all your welcome and word of encouragement  ;D
Feels like home already!! Yeah Yeah!

Will continue my Part 2 later in the evening. Sorry to keey you guys waiting.
Nothing much actually...just that sometimes am abit more cheong-hei and thats the only way i know ho to express my true self when writing.

Sekian Terima Kasih!

PS : Will try my best to contribute to the forum but my horology knowldege is as good as a white piece of mahjong paper!!
       As for purchasing any future grail frm here....well thats very much depend on my sale lor  :laugh:

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:36 AM »
welcome and nice intro!

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
yea, like ur intro, i love reading story~!!  :angel: btw nice to meet u here^^
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »
Selamat datang!!! ;) More stories to come?

Offline limsy

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »
Part 2 just up. Please refer to my 1st post.
Hope y'all enjoy the story.
More coming up tomorrow....its getting too emo for me to continue tonite.... :P :P
Thanks for reading... :Cheers:

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
Bro...now got part 3 ah  :Confused:

Waiting waiting...your publishing house experience is really evident  :Laughing_on_floor:

More!! :thumbsup:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
welcome to the forum. The most important part of your story would be sharing with us your collection both past and present ;D
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline jonhtks

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:55 AM »
interesting  :thumbsup:

desa park city is so packed lately  :Jumping:

waiting up for part 3, supprise us  :Dancing_banana:

Offline limsy

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
Good morning Bros!
Thanks for all your encouraging replies.
Really motivates me to continue my horology story  ;D

Reason why there is a Part 3 is because after reading Project Watch has been halted...i really no mood to continue writing.
Still feeling the sadness and like kena sucker punch kaw kaw!!
Sianz la....