Author Topic: My Seiko Bond  (Read 15157 times)

Offline Manburg

My Seiko Bond
« on: June 19, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »
For all the newbies, if you want to start collecting mechanical watches, and do not know where or what to begin with, I'd suggest you take a hard look at this Seiko ... (of course you've also got to put it on your wrist to have a feel)

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline zuki

Re: My Seiko Bond
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
 :)Great photos n off course the watch too

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
may i ask why is this called seiko bond?
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Manburg

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »
may i ask why is this called seiko bond?

Let me just clarify that although Bond had worn a few Seikos in the movies, this is not one of them. :laugh: The only reason this one is known among the Seikoholics as "Bond" Seiko is because of the model no., i.e. SKX007 (in my case, it's a K-series as opposed of the J-series which is made in Japan).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
understood
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
Seiko managed to come up with a well made classic style dive watch. Personally own an SKX007J which is wholly made in Japan.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »
Anybody knows the samurai still in stock somwhere in the klang valley?

Thanks

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Manburg, nice shot there  :thumbsup:

Since there are many Seiko fans here, should we have a GTG for the Seiko kaki only???
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Manburg

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
Personally own an SKX007J which is wholly made in Japan.

That's gonna be well sought after by collectors in 30 years time. :thumbsup:

Offline Manburg

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »

Thanks

dc

dc,

I'm sure you know that Samurai is no longer produced by Seiko. So I'd reckon it's very difficult to find one in any of the shops.

But I have a friend who's got tonne of Seikos in his collection, and he did ask me a few months ago if I was interested to buy one. I could ask him if you really want it.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »
Manburg, nice shot there  :thumbsup:

Since there are many Seiko fans here, should we have a GTG for the Seiko kaki only???

Thanks!

For the GTG, I guess you've got to ask the usual suspects. I'm not someone who used to be in one.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »

Thanks

dc

dc,

I'm sure you know that Samurai is no longer produced by Seiko. So I'd reckon it's very difficult to find one in any of the shops.

But I have a friend who's got tonne of Seikos in his collection, and he did ask me a few months ago if I was interested to buy one. I could ask him if you really want it.

Manburg

Thanks. Don't mind knowing the price on pre-owned as compared to new but old stock - as one of the dealer had in stock.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Manburg

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
Nice double-o-seven. :thumbsup: Btw, what is samurai seiko? Watches not invented yet during samurai time, ........ I think. ???

Thanks!

This is a Samurai, a titanium version at that.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
Manburg - Thanks for sharing.

That's one tough seiko samurai..........

I always wanted one of these before I settled for orange monster

dc

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Thanks, Manburg. Let me guess, its called samurai because its hands look like sword,  ......... although not slightly curve like the real samurai sword, but, came from Japs, hence, samurai???

If not mistaken the moniker 'Samurai' is due to the shape of the case and bezel. It was coined by Katsu-san.

Offline Broleo

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
nice one Manburg ;D

Offline Manburg

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »

Manburg

Thanks. Don't mind knowing the price on pre-owned as compared to new but old stock - as one of the dealer had in stock.

dc

dc, I was quoted RM1200 for a pre-owned boxset SS samurai. I can direct you to that friend of mine if you're interested.

Offline Friday

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:01 AM »
A nice watch indeed... :thumbsup:

Also a great pics taken there manburg...n definitely a great watch at a bargain selling price..also noticed a lot of seiko enthusiats modded their seikos as well to their liking..
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline bryankwc

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »
Nice post & pix, Manburg.
Wonder why I missed this earlier, but better late then never.
Take care, Ciao!  :thumbsup:
"My dream;
      Rolex by day &
               Patek by night." ;)

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
cool watch and great photos taken...

what lens are you using? i noticed the DOF is quite shallow... ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
The SKX007 are superb for the money, and should sit in every collector's box. I bought a SKX007 in 2003. I have never serviced mine, and it runs about 15sec fast every day. Mine has the 21J 7s26 movement, I am not sure if it has been upgraded to the 23J 7s36 these days (probably not??). But after some years, my attention drifted to the vintage 150m seiko divers (6105s, 6306s and 6309s).

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Personally own an SKX007J which is wholly made in Japan.

That's gonna be well sought after by collectors in 30 years time. :thumbsup:

I thank my lucky stars for making the right choice then! Thanks for the info.  :thumbsup:

Offline CYMAboy

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 01:39:34 AM »
Nice nice watch u have.. I like seiko premier

Offline azzamov

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
Nice double-o-seven. :thumbsup: Btw, what is samurai seiko? Watches not invented yet during samurai time, ........ I think. ???

Thanks!

This is a Samurai, a titanium version at that.

Drool...too bad when I started into watch, this watch no longer in production...best looking seiko watch imho...

Offline adit_up

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »
seems skx007 has been a legend for Seiko brand, almost everyone hunt for it. nice watch and simple watch. so friendly  :Cheers: :Cheers: