Author Topic: My Steinhart Aviation GMT 1st Review  (Read 10210 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
My Steinhart Aviation GMT 1st Review
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:32 PM »
Salam, kepada semua Ahli ahli MWF. As I have promised, I will write a review about this watch, and it is also my first time writing the review. Not sure whether make sense or not, but what the hack, somehow got to start somewhere, right. I will use the mixture of Malay, English and Chinese to show the Authentic of Malaysian style :Cheers: Here it goes;

I took some of the pictures with my daughter bear bear, instead of the plane or soldier because I want to contrast the rugged look of the watch.

The watch measure at 44mm, with lug size 24mm, it is quite big and thick when I first got it, nampak macam berat, tapi not as heavy as I thought, which is just nice and not too big on my wrist, as you see,

closer look of the watch with the bear bear, the GMT hand is in orange, it moves nicely with the hour and minute hands, and it is also easy to read with local time and the GMT time. There are 4 allen screw on the 4 angle of the watch, and the allen key was provided with the watch,

here is buckle with "Steinhart" word engraving,

There is also "Steinhart" word on the leather and it written "Vintage/ Hand grafted", actually not sure whether the word 'Vintage" refer to the leather or the watch itself  :Confused:

The crown is nicely done with the Steinhart logo engraving. The size of it fits the watch very well. The strap is lock with allen screw, same size as the 4 screw on the watch surface, 1 allen key fix all  :Laughing_on_floor: And the other size, just the normal Stainless steel polished. The thickness measure at 15mm, and I dont think it can hide under my sleeve... :P

I love the leather strap, which is light brown color, and smell is good too. It is quite soft, not as hard as I first thoughts

Ambil gambar dengan flash, then the color contrast change, macam "All Black"

Here is the back of the watch, Engraved with Steinhart Aviation and the logo of the commercial plane around the globe, it is somehow different from the earlier version of the same model. I would prefer a transparent caseback or fighter jet instead of commercial plane. The movement 2893-2, seems to be very accurate, after few days checking, not off by few seconds, will try to observe for few week  ;D

Overall, I am happy with this watch, and so far no regret. The build is solid, and the price is reasonable with Sapphire Crystal and ETA 2893-2 movement. The only flaw of the watch is the 1st pull out to adjust the date and GMT hand, it is quite flimsy pull out, can't feel the click at all, only the second pull out to adjust the minute and hours has the "click" feel. The crown is not screw tide, so it is sensitive to water, ?????.

Hope you guys enjoy the reading and the pictures, thanks for reading... :Cheers:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
Re: My Steinhart Aviation GMT 1st Review
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »
WOW... nice review bro.... congratz... :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline SeeKay

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
Nice Watch Bro,

May i know how much you paid for it?

Thanks.

Offline siodee

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 02:31:24 PM »
WOW... nice review bro.... congratz... :thumbsup:

Thanks...hope you enjoy it

Nice Watch Bro,

May i know how much you paid for it?

Thanks.

PMed to you, as I cant disclose the AD name here
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »
Nice review :thumbsup:

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
nice one bro, show some lume shots  :D
 :Cheers:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:45:21 PM »
nice review. enjoy the watch :thumbsup:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
Great first review!
Better than i could ever do haha.

From my experience its better to let a new watch "run-in' at least 1-2weeks continuous use to better check the accuracy. 

Offline siodee

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
nice one bro, show some lume shots  :D
 :Cheers:

Lume shots...hmmm...I tried a few times, but the picture not clear, cause I cant use flash and I need to be in the dark room, any advise??

Great first review!
Better than i could ever do haha.

From my experience its better to let a new watch "run-in' at least 1-2weeks continuous use to better check the accuracy. 

Yup, I will do that, and see any offset

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
Lume shots...hmmm...I tried a few times, but the picture not clear, cause I cant use flash and I need to be in the dark room, any advise??
Use a tripod or steady surface and use long exposure time.

Offline siodee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 01:12:18 PM »
Use a tripod or steady surface and use long exposure time.

Never thought of the long exposure time, thanks for the advise..  :thumbsup: