Author Topic: Newbie Intro  (Read 6058 times)

Offline HusH

Newbie Intro
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Hi All,

Pleasant surprise to bump into this forum. Nice to know we have our own local forum for fellow WIS like us. Been lurking in overseas forums like Timezone. TZ-UK, Watch Talk Forum. Been bitten by the WIS bug since I bought my 1st "luxury" watch in mid 2008. Haven't stopped since.

Here's my "Watch CV":

Current Collection:

Oris BC3
The rubber strap one. Quite rare. Was quite surprised to find it in the very last place I planned to look before buying another watch. Needless to say, I bought this when I saw it and saved a bunch of $$. FYI, the other watch was the Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5.

Ball Fireman II
This is the new fireman with the "green theme" i.e. green numbers and green stripped leather strap

Tag Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date
The new F1 range. Got the one with the full lume dial.

Seiko SHC063P1
Also known as the sawtooth. Killer lume. Got real presence at 46mm. Sawtooth design bezel makes it look fierce! Fantastic combo with the rubber strap. Got a good deal on this too. Best value for money watch so far in my collection.

Pam Homage Marina Militare Ti
Can't afford the real one. Got this to satisfy my curiosity. Luminor titanium case with brown dial. Manual winding. Bought from a seller in Hong Kong. Lume is rubbish. Not really bonding with it yet. Brown dial not to my liking. Going to send it back to seller to get dial changed with one of their custom made dial with better lume.

On the way out:

Fortis Pilot Professional Day Date
On leather strap. Was my favorite watch for some months. But slowly moved on to larger diameter watches. At 40mm, has grown a little to small for me. Solid watch nonetheless.

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz
Ironically, the watch that got me hooked. Wanted one since my school days. But was below expectation. For it's size (38mm), it weighs a ton. SS bracelet not very comfortable. Lume is good though.

Ball Moonphase
Was attracted by the moonphase complication. But later realised I have no need for it. Tritium tubes makes it very beautiful in the dark. Feels and looks much bigger than its 40mm suggests. Good quality. Also a victim of my evolution to bigger watches.

Glycine Incursore Arco 44mm Auto
Impulse buy after a stressful period at work. Not bonding with it. Letting it go to make way for new acquisitions.

Anyone interested do let me know. All are currently waiting to be listed on ebay. But since stumbling into this forum, I think i might list them in the SC.

Incoming:

PAM Homage
Another one! What can I say. I love the Luminor case design. This one is brushed ss with black dial. Waiting for this to arrive before the Ti one leaves for a cosmetic makeover.

Archimede Pilot H
To replace the outgoing Fortis. Love flieger type watches. Going to place an order soon.

Under consideration:

STOWA Antea 390 / Creme
Love the design. Only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger (apart from cash flow) is the size. At 39mm, not sure is it will be too small for my liking. Having seen many pictures on the net (wrist shots especially) which does look bigger than it actually is. Looks good even on larger wrists.

Tag Heuer Link
Either the Caliber 5 (Day Date) or Caliber 6 (Date with second Subdial at 6 o'clock)

Grail:
Omega Speedmaster
Tag Heuer Monaco Steve Mcqueen / Monace LS
At least 1 PAM
At least 1 IWC

WOW, it's a long post. Thanks for reading. Comments / suggestions / criticism are welcomed.

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Newbie Intro
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »
Hi Hush,
Welcome to MWF.
You have a nice collection of watches. Don't forget to post lotsa pics of your collection.
Feel free to list your outgoing watches at the "For Sale" section.
Make yourself at home here.
 :Cheers:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:11:08 AM by danny »

Offline HusH

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »
Thanks danny. Yes I believe this will be my second home.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:28:02 AM »
Welcome HusH  :Cheers:

Nice and wide range of collection you got there  :thumbsup: Some pictures together please  :Praying:

Yeah! I love the speedy too but haven't got chance to get one yet  :)

SC

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
Hush, Welcome to our big family  :Cheers:

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline HusH

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Will try to take some pics this weekend.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
welcome hush.... yeap! post some photo !

stowa antea is good looking..... but i prefer the sekunder handwind with eta7001 movement... the small second is lovely...
very close to vintage design.... but it is smaller.... so mayb for your gf/wife... mother  !
i also consider to get 1 for my wife....

Offline takashi78

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:09:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Looks like you are gonna have fun with all the new watches coming in.

Offline HusH

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »
Hahaha... fun yes. Bank account not so fun  ;D

Offline HusH

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
Here are some pics of my collection as promised. Apologies, photography skills still lacking.

The Oris BC3 is missing here. Was sent back to the shop for repairs. Had a problem with the crown.

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
Hi Hush,
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your watch collection. A little warning here. As you spend more time on this forum, I'm pretty sure you'll be needing a larger watch case with more than 6 slots.

Offline HusH

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »
Hi danny. What is shown is what I have at home at the moment. All my outgoing watches are not with me. I am selling them on ebay through a third party. It's sitting in their shop now waiting to be listed. I've already busted the 6 watch limit if you count those. Apart from the Ball, I don't have pictures of the rest. This is probably the most beautiful watch I've owned.

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
That's a beautiful timepiece. Is that the Ball Engineer II Moonphase?

Offline HusH

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
Yes my friend. For sale too  ;)

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »
nice collection.
btw.. the brown pouch under ur ball engineer 2 moonphase.. is that the cortina watch pouch? :)

Offline HusH

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 08:10:02 AM »
nice collection.
btw.. the brown pouch under ur ball engineer 2 moonphase.. is that the cortina watch pouch? :)

Yes it is. You are quite observant. Bought the watch from Cortina.