Author Topic: Custom made green dollaro leather strap  (Read 2990 times)

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
Custom made green dollaro leather strap
« on: June 06, 2023, 09:14:24 PM »
Bought a custom made strap recently from a seller in carousel and wanted to share it with you all.

Frankly, I'm no leather strap expert but wanted to give my Seiko sarx055 a new look. The titanium bracelet that comes with the watch is pretty good for Seiko standard but I feel like putting it on a leather strap would make it even more classier.

More about the seller, his name is Jason. He offers quite a lot of premium leathers,  he has dollaro, epsom, vachetta, pueblo, buttero and etc at a reasonable price. For my piece, I paid RM210 for it.

Jason was pleasant and patient in attending to my queries through the whole customisation process. This was my first time buying a custom strap so I asked 1001 questions as I'm not familiar with the different leather types. He even showed me samples of the leather he offers upon my request when I collected.

Without further ado, pictures of the strap. P.S. unfortunately my wrist size is small, can't do the watch justice sadly .

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk

Offline HarleMec

Re: Custom made green dollaro leather strap
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 12:30:19 PM »
may I know what is the seller's name on Carousell? you can PM me directly if that works. Thanks :)

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 05:34:10 PM »
Hi sorry for the late reply, posting link to his shop on carousell

https://www.carousell.com.my/p/handmade-museum-french-chevre-goat-leather-watch-strap-made-to-order-custom-1238492337/

Particularly like this french goat leather, will order for my next piece!

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 10:03:02 AM »
ahh...I've been looking at his work recently too. Glad to see a positive review here.

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 09:07:48 PM »
I bought all my watches on bracelet cause that's what every watch reviewers said to retain value of your watch if you do resell. But wanted to try something new. Few other straps which I researched but did not pull the trigger, maybe in the future -

1) https://msbespokestraps.com/ a lot of good reviews, including this forum, but a bit pricey making me hesitate to try
2) https://nomadwatchworksmy.com/, well known and cheapest around, thinking of trying their horween leather strap
3) https://artemstraps.com/collections/sailcloth-watch-straps Artem sailcloth strap, super lot of good reviews on youtube, but again cant stomach the price

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 11:30:06 AM »
I bought all my watches on bracelet cause that's what every watch reviewers said to retain value of your watch if you do resell. But wanted to try something new. Few other straps which I researched but did not pull the trigger, maybe in the future -

1) https://msbespokestraps.com/ a lot of good reviews, including this forum, but a bit pricey making me hesitate to try
2) https://nomadwatchworksmy.com/, well known and cheapest around, thinking of trying their horween leather strap
3) https://artemstraps.com/collections/sailcloth-watch-straps Artem sailcloth strap, super lot of good reviews on youtube, but again cant stomach the price

only have experience with nomad for aftermarket strap besides rubber b..it sure is bang for bucks...

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 10:23:06 AM »
Since this thread was a review of the strap made by Jason I thought I would share my experience with him as well.

Jason did the Pueblo cognac brown leather strap for my PAM111, then later on another brown lizard strap for my wife's watch. I'm not an expert in leather but the highlight of my experience was very similar to shanky's, Jason was very patient, he gives good advise of the type of leather to choose according to my preferences. Showed him a few pictures of the style I wanted and he was quite quick to come back with the options. hole size, hole shape, position, thickness, stitching pattern...His turnaround time is 2 weeks but I've had both my straps done just shy of 2 weeks.

Loving the straps so far, except that the pueblo leather is quite smooth when handled in the morning. Hence making it sort of hard to hold on to while strapping in. I think this is because it's raw but when you have a little hand sweat on your palm/fingers you won't have any problem. it's been a few weeks now and the leather is creasing to the vintage feel that I'm looking for.

Since it's hand made you can definitely see some imperfection. Which differentiate it from the usual mass-machine-made ones...

he's a fellow watch enthusiast as well so it's always good to have someone who care for watches handling your watches...lots of great chat with him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:41:41 AM by HarleMec »

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
Some really nice pics you have there, really glad you had an enjoyable experience with him too. I think the price he charged quite reasonable considering it is custom make. I arranged to COD for him so he can show me samples of all his materials. Seems like he have added alligator and lizard skin as option now.

Im considering doing a Museum French Chevre Goat Leather Watch Strap for my speedmaster next, not sure if he will be able to do a rally design for it.

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 09:51:15 PM »
Some really nice pics you have there, really glad you had an enjoyable experience with him too. I think the price he charged quite reasonable considering it is custom make. I arranged to COD for him so he can show me samples of all his materials. Seems like he have added alligator and lizard skin as option now.

Im considering doing a Museum French Chevre Goat Leather Watch Strap for my speedmaster next, not sure if he will be able to do a rally design for it.

He's got quite some options coming along, or already with him. Thought your speedy is sold?

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 04:38:10 PM »
I have 2 speedy actually. Still have 1 more which I'm keeping, I'm a sucker for anything speedy.

I just ordered 2 custom straps from a Vietnamese guy called Augleather on carousel. Will post here once I receive it.

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 10:59:04 PM »
I have 2 speedy actually. Still have 1 more which I'm keeping, I'm a sucker for anything speedy.

:Startled: :Startled: :Startled: