Author Topic: Hello all, new watch addict  (Read 1391 times)

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
Hello all, new watch addict
« on: May 29, 2023, 09:34:20 PM »
Had been lurking in the forums for a few months now and decided to post to introduce myself as I delve deeper and deeper into this new (expensive) hobby.

A little bit about my journey, never cared or wore a watch for best part of my life, till I was hit by the bug less than a year ago. Was browsing youtube and stumbled upon a video by Teddy Baldassarre by chance, and was fascinated. Had always thought of good quality watches to be toys of the rich, but was surprised by the quality and variety of watches at the lower price range. Now my youtube watchlist is full of watch videos  :Startled:

I started with a Seiko Presage cocktail time, which was my gateway drug. Unfortunately, got hooked and now starting to move towards higher end pieces. My wallet-kun had been screaming and protesting all the way. Enclosed a photo of my current collection.

Look forward to learning from all the sifu here and trading my collection.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 09:39:43 PM by shanky0 »

Offline dpkong

Re: Hello all, new watch addict
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 03:28:47 PM »

Nice pair of Omega you have there.

Seiko are good for every day use.

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
Hello all, new watch addict
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, just noticed how bad the quality of the photos. Turns out very bad since I cropped it. Need some tips on better photos in the forum.

Both the omegas are 2nd hand. Seamaster 300 and Moonwatch Pro 3861 sapphire sandwich.

Just added another watch to my collection this week.

In terms of future collection, I had already put a deposit for a CW Bel Canto, need to wait till next year for delivery. Also eyeing a Grand Seiko spring drive to complete my collection.. for now  :)

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 06:48:00 PM »
6 watches just within a year? Much respect sir!

nice collection for sure.

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 05:51:53 PM »
Thanks for your kind comment sir, the reason I'm calling myself an addict is I can't stop myself when I see a watch I like . Updated photo of the latest 2 watch to enter into my collection.

I tried the tudor black bay pro, it's a great watch for sure that tick a lot of boxes, but just not the watch for me. Looking to move it along to make way for another watch.

Meanwhile, I just acquired a new unique piece. LE RÉGULATEUR LOUIS ERARD X ALAIN SILBERSTEIN X WATCHES OF SWITZERLAND SINGAPORE.

https://www.thehourglass.com/my/product/louis-erard/limited-editions/85358tt03-btt83/

I first saw this in teddy baldassare video, and though it was really cool and special. Now finally had the chance to own one, so happy, wearing it just put a smile on my face.

Sent from my 21081111RG using Tapatalk

Offline Gubs7771

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 01:44:42 PM »
Wow the Louis Erard is a brave choice! Kudos to the person who can pull it off! I wish I had your gumption! 2 thumbs up!