Author Topic: Watch Shops in Singapore  (Read 2789 times)

Offline fs2625

Watch Shops in Singapore
« on: March 11, 2023, 07:33:16 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm looking for recommendations for vintage, new or 2nd hand watch shops in Singapore. Any recommendations on shops or places that would be great to check out there?

Not attached or looking for any particular brand but would love to see what sort of inventory is available over there :)

Offline dpkong

Re: Watch Shops in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 09:57:50 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm looking for recommendations for vintage, new or 2nd hand watch shops in Singapore. Any recommendations on shops or places that would be great to check out there?

Not attached or looking for any particular brand but would love to see what sort of inventory is available over there :)

Most used watch dealers selling high end brands are snotty.. but noticed most ADs now have better trained staff and do actually try to entertain you although nothing popular to sell to you.

There's some interesting shops around Peninsula Plaza and I think there was one selling Seagull in a small store.

Easiest is to Google used watch stores with websites then try to visit the physical store.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 08:58:14 AM »
there are plenty in Singapore. you can roam around far east plaza since that mall has the most grey dealer. For me i will avoid mxnster time gallery in Far East Plaza, precxxion time in golden landmark shopping center. just my 2 cents

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 11:17:04 AM »
there is also P@ssions in Marina Square...they actually have a shop in Bangsar Village...they have some interesting vintage pocket watches too...haha

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 06:39:58 AM »
Heard Singapore is pretty big on luxury watches so should be better than KL?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 07:12:57 AM »
interesting indeed but the exchange rates have made it all very out-of-reach even with the GST refund...

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2023, 06:30:03 AM »
interesting indeed but the exchange rates have made it all very out-of-reach even with the GST refund...

Just curious, does the GST refund include watches purchased from the grey dealers? I was made to understand back in 2016 that these only cover brand new watches bought from the ADs. Of course maybe the policy has changed over the years and I may be outdated.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2023, 11:09:21 AM »

Just curious, does the GST refund include watches purchased from the grey dealers? I was made to understand back in 2016 that these only cover brand new watches bought from the ADs. Of course maybe the policy has changed over the years and I may be outdated.

Interesting question indeed...

Never actually asked a grey market but I believe if they have that Global Blue or ETRS system, they can process it. Just got to make sure they issue the ETRS ticket.

Offline khairain

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 06:02:03 PM »
nope usual brand new or preowned watches there's no tax refund if you purchase from these store. But they're this new pre own watch store that just open few months ago sell brand new watches with refund. i don't how they do it. Example PP 5320G-001 retail at $129,000 SGD they are selling at $109,620 with GST and $ 101,500 without GST which is 15% below boutique price. what amaze me even if the watch model like RM, AP and PP that is sought after selling above retail price as long its brand new you can get GST refund.