Author Topic: Anyone purchased from this shop named R_Gallery from carousell ?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline superamd

Hi new joiner here, just wish to ask if anyone has purchased from this shop call R_Gallery, most of their watches are priced very competitively, so competitive that I am not sure if it is authentic. 

Example below B&R 03-92 brand new for only rm5500.  :Confused:

https://www.carousell.com.my/p/bell-ross-br03-92-diver-series-blue-1216033840/?t-id=11543676_1676816047151&t-referrer_request_id=jzqlk9MwP0UJiQq4&t-tap_index=0

Offline dpkong

Re: Anyone purchased from this shop named R_Gallery from carousell ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 08:03:48 PM »

Seems they have a shopfront. Why not go look?

Price seems fishy. Maybe selling super replica. Beware as most watchmakers could be fooled by those.

Offline superamd

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 08:14:32 PM »
from their posting seems like they even have manual for some of those watches and their review is quite good. But ya pricing seems too good to be true.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:45 AM »
Here's a tip - look at their previous sales and reviews as well...

He sold an IWC pilot chrono for RM5300...seriously....? Look at the date font of that watch in the customer review photo - looks fake to me.

That's my opinion. Not the gospel truth. Buyer beware.

Offline superamd

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 11:43:28 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Guess better just skip. 

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 06:41:49 PM »

Just because it comes with manuals, cards and box doesn't make it genuine.
Most super replica come with them.
I do pity the people who got them as gifts thinking it was the real deal.

At those prices, better save up and get the real thing.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 07:08:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Guess better just skip.

Good call bro... :thumbsup:

like @dpkong said - super replicas now come with full set - and they are mighty convincing i tell you...

Offline revvd

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 07:19:20 AM »
Hmm uncovered something even more fishy. 99.9% sure he’s a scam. Try clicking the people that gave him reviews. (At least for the top 5 guys) they’re (likely) all fake accounts, because they all listed the same posting on their accounts. What a coincidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 09:39:12 AM »
I thought I was the only one who was surprised when I saw the pricing on those watches. It's quite impossible to see the price of a Bell & Ross and especially IWC at RM5k. I'm pretty sure the excuse would be these are the "grey market" watches, that aren't serial stamped, but came from their original factories. This is quite dangerous and misleading. I'm pretty sure those are not genuine, but it's only my opinion.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 06:44:48 PM »
I thought I was the only one who was surprised when I saw the pricing on those watches. It's quite impossible to see the price of a Bell & Ross and especially IWC at RM5k. I'm pretty sure the excuse would be these are the "grey market" watches, that aren't serial stamped, but came from their original factories. This is quite dangerous and misleading. I'm pretty sure those are not genuine, but it's only my opinion.

OEM watches??

:mooning:

:Laughing_on_floor:

Offline superamd

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 07:43:28 PM »
now adays those replicas are getting more and more advance. Without proper care, your money is gone.
Shouldn't carousell be taking action against this seller?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 08:22:14 PM »

OEM watches??

:mooning:

:Laughing_on_floor:

Sounds like the Reject Shop story hahaha

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 07:09:06 AM »

Going to go off-topic now...

The whole idea of buying a luxury watch now is getting the experience of buying from the AD. You feel safe with your purchase and know it is new and have no worries about the quality or authenticity.

Back then, watches at grey dealers were so much cheaper than retail and you can get used ones for even better prices. There weren't many grey dealers and they would usually have been in business many years and have a solid reputation for what they sell and many would have a very experienced watchmaker available. Fakes then were solely focused on replicating the outer looks, although most you can tell were fakes just by looking, and typically house a generic movement.

Fast forward to now and you have grey dealers selling at prices higher than retail and a market with super replicas which even fake the movement and even have display backs. Grey dealers popping up like mushrooms after a rainstorm and most are staffed by poor pretty girls who have to wear clothes that are 3 sizes too small for them and bosses who look like yakuza members. Everything points at people who want to cash in on the hype. For eg., one grey dealer offered to pay RM54k for a used black dial steel Sky-Dweller when market sellers are asking RM85k..

So just think before buying.. if someone offers you a new BMW at half of the retail price, you'd certainly be asking why no?

Offline superamd

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2023, 04:58:10 AM »

Going to go off-topic now...

The whole idea of buying a luxury watch now is getting the experience of buying from the AD. You feel safe with your purchase and know it is new and have no worries about the quality or authenticity.

Back then, watches at grey dealers were so much cheaper than retail and you can get used ones for even better prices. There weren't many grey dealers and they would usually have been in business many years and have a solid reputation for what they sell and many would have a very experienced watchmaker available. Fakes then were solely focused on replicating the outer looks, although most you can tell were fakes just by looking, and typically house a generic movement.

Fast forward to now and you have grey dealers selling at prices higher than retail and a market with super replicas which even fake the movement and even have display backs. Grey dealers popping up like mushrooms after a rainstorm and most are staffed by poor pretty girls who have to wear clothes that are 3 sizes too small for them and bosses who look like yakuza members. Everything points at people who want to cash in on the hype. For eg., one grey dealer offered to pay RM54k for a used black dial steel Sky-Dweller when market sellers are asking RM85k..

So just think before buying.. if someone offers you a new BMW at half of the retail price, you'd certainly be asking why no?

Just to add, things have changed so much nowadays that I have seen customers buying gifts for sales associates during Christmas and Chinese New Year. The whole purpose of going to an AD (Authorized Dealer) is to be served, but now we end up serving them all because we want to get some sports Rolex model from them.

Offline Vicc8433

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2023, 12:13:47 AM »
Based on the pricing, I feel it’s too good to be true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pewufod

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 08:30:06 AM »
I approached the seller for ML Aikon but was not too convinced, especially after i saw the IWC ingenieur post lol (old new model)