Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: Seiko Presage Spring Drive  (Read 3411 times)

Offline ebertho

• Freshie
Seiko Presage Spring Drive
« on: November 26, 2022, 05:19:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm putting up for sale one of my less worn piece from my collection, the Seiko Presage Spring Drive ref no. SNR039/SARR003.

[THE MOVEMENT]

This presage model is one of the rare model that Seiko fitted the Spring Drive movement. In fact, this is the only model that has a SD movement in the presage line up to now. The SD movement here is 5R65 similar to that of GS (9R) except the finishing of the rotor bridge and shape of the rotor.

So functionally, you get the same deal as a GS but at cheaper price. The power reserve on movement is 72 hours and as with any SD movement. My presage keeps almost to near 0 sec daily deviation.

[THE DIAL]

The other amazing feature of this watch is that it comes with a black enamel dial that looks sheen and wet underneath the super-clear coated curved sapphire crystal. Check out how Seiko produce their enamel dial here . You will realized the process is one that is laborious as compared to typical machine crafted dial.

One thing I bet most of you readers may not noticed is how Seiko printed the 'SEIKO' label at 12 o'clock with a different font style called Didoni. The design of the dial was a result of collaboration between Seiko and a legendary Japanese designer name Riki Watanabe. This is yet another subtle yet unique that Seiko brings to this model:) More info on Seiko x Riki Watanabe collaboration can be found here here.

The watch face is very readable, thanks to its high contrast combination of white markers & hands against black dial. The continuous sweeping hands motion is something to behold as with all SD pieces. Seiko produces 2 variant of this presage, the other one is with white dial and black markers/hand that gives the same readability and clarity. However I personally find the black dial more appealing. It is like comparing black car with white, and how the deep wet look of polished black car will stand out !

[THE CASE & STRAP]

Case size is 40mm, thickness is at 13mm although it wear larger due to absence of bezel. The lug size is 20mm and lug-to-lug measures 46mm which is well fitted for small to medium wrist. My small wrist shot photo below.

The dark brown cordovan leather strap with deployment clasp completes the classic look on this timepiece.

[THE PACKAGE]

The watch comes in full set with a Seiko pinewood presentation box, outer card box, manual, warranty booklet & warranty card. Condition of watch is 95%. It was purchase in Feb 2021. The strap is seldom used as I mount it on other straps.

The retail price for this one was RM19k from Seiko boutique. My asking price is RM12.5k or a 35% off retail for almost new watch. COD Subang Jaya/Puchong. Those interested in this piece can drop me a Whatsapp at 013-3309331.

Enough said, here are some pictures of the watch. Enjoy...

..Wrist shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ebertho

• Freshie
Re: Seiko Presage Spring Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 01:16:36 PM »
bump

Offline ebertho

• Freshie
Re: Seiko Presage Spring Drive
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 07:53:51 PM »
bump