Author Topic: Chrono24 is it ok to purchase from?  (Read 9024 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Chrono24 is it ok to purchase from?
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2023, 05:25:10 AM »
Are the duties taxed just on the prices of the watch or total package including delivery charges? And are you charged additional service fees by the courier services?

Tax will be on the whole package ie. price of item + postage. Bring documents as proof if you wish to dispute.

Some courier companies will process customs automatically and even pay the customs fees to clear the package faster and charge you fees for that service.

Offline qhy500

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 01:08:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing! might go check out some of these Japanese sellers on C24 now

Offline adryan

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2023, 07:19:41 AM »
follow...

a quick check with sifu here..we pay the tax thru the apps or ???

Offline Ben07

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2023, 03:10:01 PM »

As per the title, is Chrono24 an ok platform to purchase from? Please let me know your experiences with this platform. Am about to pull the trigger on a watch.
 Yes, Chrono24 is legit. As others mention, the prices are marked higher but for certain brand you can get a bargain. I bought my Panerai GMT some time ago from them which was much lower than was advertised in the group at the time.
Cheers!

Offline adryan

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2023, 10:56:38 AM »
anyone purchase from chrono24?

Offline jbboy12

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2023, 10:16:21 AM »
Are the duties taxed just on the prices of the watch or total package including delivery charges? And are you charged additional service fees by the courier services?

In my experience, duties are only taxed on the price of the watch (since that is the stated amount on the delivery slip). Typically no to your second question since the delivery fee paid by the seller should encompass the journey to your doorstep but Malaysia being Malaysia...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023, 10:53:47 AM »

In my experience, duties are only taxed on the price of the watch (since that is the stated amount on the delivery slip). Typically no to your second question since the delivery fee paid by the seller should encompass the journey to your doorstep but Malaysia being Malaysia...

It was stated somewhere in the tax pages that tax is charged on the "landed price" which includes delivery and handling
charges

Offline colnagolover

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2023, 06:01:11 PM »
Chrono24 is ok - as they have a system (trusted checkout) to hold the money you paid until you received the watch upon which you give the ok for them to release the payment - which gives you some form of security for your purchase. As to prices, you have to shop around as there are combination of both private and commercial sellers - so the response and quality can vary - you have to shop around. Taxes applies for the incoming watch to Malaysia - so with the new luxury tax, even higher.  :Scolding:

Offline afiq asyran

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2023, 07:11:50 AM »
I search for the seller from Chrono24, and google the name of the seller to their direct website platform. And the seller seems to be reputable in Japan. Take my chance, and that was my first oversea watch purchase. Nomos 737

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dremon69

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2023, 07:16:11 PM »
Buying on chrono24 can bring surprises .. seeing the watch in person is better to my opinion

Offline Vicc8433

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2023, 05:58:16 PM »
Bought a seiko from Japanese dealer via Chrono24 once. So far experience is ok, just that delivery time abit slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2024, 05:22:19 AM »
Hi, have u purchased any watch recently via Chrono24 in 2024?

What is the latest tax currently charged by custom? (New SST ? New luxury tax ?)

Feel free to share, TQ.