Author Topic: What do u think Tudor will become in few years time  (Read 8383 times)

Offline The Middle Man

• Freshie
What do u think Tudor will become in few years time
« on: April 29, 2022, 02:21:12 PM »
If u aware, Tudor watches are getting harder to get, especially the newly launch model, all under waiting list. If u happened to go to Pavilion and Mid valley, check out Tudor boutique, they nearly have non for sales especially the black bay range.

Offline Lee84

• Lee84
Re: What do u think Tudor will become in few years time
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 09:28:31 PM »
Pre-owned and unworn units are quite a lot in the market.. problem is much lower than the retailed price.. thats still hesitated me on this.. haha
Lee

Offline The Middle Man

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »
Depends on which model actually, Tudor 2nd hand value consider very good compared to other brand.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 12:37:46 AM »
For now Tudor still ok la I think, despite some appearance of its big brother's hype. The new releases would take a bit longer to deliver, but otherwise a wait of about a month or less for other models. Besides, there's a decent secondary market that seems priced reasonably with some wiggle room for nego.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 07:38:22 PM »
Pre-owned and unworn units are quite a lot in the market.. problem is much lower than the retailed price.. thats still hesitated me on this.. haha

If buy to wear, then as long as it sings to you, just go for it since you dont have the immediate intention of reselling. Of course, if you need to resell later to make way for other stuff then at least Tudor can get a decent resale value - though dont expect profits.

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:33:15 AM »

If buy to wear, then as long as it sings to you, just go for it since you dont have the immediate intention of reselling. Of course, if you need to resell later to make way for other stuff then at least Tudor can get a decent resale value - though dont expect profits.

I agreed with you brother, watch enthusiasts is all about horology and Tudor is good for values for money. Unless upgrade your collection to others timepiece. If you a scalper/professional flipper that is another story.   

Offline W3ll

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 09:59:45 AM »

Why the hesitation? If you can get one piece at the secondary market at "much" lower price, isn't that a great deal?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 12:58:54 PM »

I agreed with you brother, watch enthusiasts is all about horology and Tudor is good for values for money. Unless upgrade your collection to others timepiece. If you a scalper/professional flipper that is another story.   

Lol…”upgrade collection” is always a problem for watch enthusiasts… :HammerHead: :Dancing_banana:

Btw, ive got AD’s who offer Tudor Black Bay - certain models la…even at discount…I dont see how it is becoming scarce. Of course, “hot” models like the new BB Pro on bracelet will be susah la…but all of which with some patience, should be able to get new in time. Within a few months usually.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 01:00:14 PM »
For now Tudor still ok la I think, despite some appearance of its big brother's hype. The new releases would take a bit longer to deliver, but otherwise a wait of about a month or less for other models. Besides, there's a decent secondary market that seems priced reasonably with some wiggle room for nego.

What he said!  :thumbsup:

Offline ray6969

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 01:33:51 PM »

Lol…”upgrade collection” is always a problem for watch enthusiasts… :HammerHead: :Dancing_banana:

Btw, ive got AD’s who offer Tudor Black Bay - certain models la…even at discount…I dont see how it is becoming scarce. Of course, “hot” models like the new BB Pro on bracelet will be susah la…but all of which with some patience, should be able to get new in time. Within a few months usually.

Tudor didn't sing for me, Look promising but maybe no for me. Did try but bit big :mooning:

Offline treasureplanetmy

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 06:41:04 PM »
Now even for the Tudor FXD, you need a purchase history or risk being on ’waitlist’ apparently.

Offline TrueLemon

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 07:08:41 PM »
Only the very popular models requires being on the waitlist. My local AD does have a Black Bay 36mm ready stock, which I think is an underrated watch relative to the BB58. It's definitely part of my shortlist of next watch to get.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2022, 09:30:10 AM »

Tudor does have some interesting pieces but so far any hyped release will eventually be available at retail or less.. The quality is very much what you expect from a Rolex, robust and reliable, most of the time...  but it would not attain the desirability like Rolex because there is always a little quirk in the design of each piece... it's as if Tudor is a playground to test ideas and materials before Rolex takes a serious look at it.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 03:07:48 PM »
Now even for the Tudor FXD, you need a purchase history or risk being on ’waitlist’ apparently.

Really? was checking it out 1 month ago and no mention of any purchase history needed,  just saying if really interested and willing to wait they are able to allocate on in within 3 months

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2022, 06:42:45 PM »

Really? was checking it out 1 month ago and no mention of any purchase history needed,  just saying if really interested and willing to wait they are able to allocate on in within 3 months

being a recent release, it may take a while to satisfy initial demand but no reason why this would be a difficult piece to get.. personally I would go with the Pelagos as the price is not much more, you get a date and titanium bracelet as well..

Offline Ckyap

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 10:32:39 AM »
just my opinion,Tudor will try to create more awareness and increase the value by add in more celebrities & superstar as brand ambassadors.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2022, 07:21:13 PM »
The brand will remain as it is. The watch buying trend will determine if newer models are more readily available to watch collectors. If you look at the older hot models such as the Black Bay GMT Pepsi, prices are more now attractive compared to a few years back.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline c4all

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 06:22:16 PM »
I would think that Tudor offers excellent watches thus driving the demand for them. However, I would agree that it would be a monumental effort from the brand and the market for it to come out from being known as the "little brother to Rolex" even after a few years.

Offline bc40

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 08:22:54 AM »
I think it looks too much like a copycat of Rolex to do well

Offline qhy500

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2023, 10:21:28 PM »
It'll become a Rolex homage brand, especially considering their relationship.

Think they'll keep their price point 'accessible' still so people can buy watches that looks kinda like Rolex for a lot lower. Look at their recent Ranger and Pelagos 39 release.

Offline avaxis

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2023, 11:00:53 PM »
Keep their prices? Price just went up in Jan 2023. I admire Tudor for doing its own thing like the North Flag, but it seems the market wants a Rolex little brother… so I guess they just fulfill the market demand…

Calling it a Rolex homage is.. a bit mean. That’s like saying little brother is a homage to elder brother. They both have the same father after all.

Offline superamd

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2023, 07:59:25 AM »
Recently just went to Tudor Midvalley, seems like those hot models are still out of stock. To add on, price has increase again in 2023. Looks like Tudor is doing pretty well. 

Offline avaxis

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2023, 09:15:22 AM »
It is out of stock, but not impossible to get at retail prices. Just wait for 2 months or so. But there won't be any discounts!

Offline superamd

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2023, 01:49:06 PM »
yup.. no discount at all. that was what the SA told me.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2023, 07:55:45 AM »
slightly off topic, but i do wonder though....

prices are going up and this scarcity thing seems to me quite artificial. what happens later in the year when recession really gets acknowledged and markets drop further, leading to demand and discretionary spending going down with it?

Do these companies stick with the price tag and just destroy surplus stock end of the season? do they dump onto the secondary market? do they sneakily tell their ADs its ok to give more than 15% discount?