Poll

Which watch would you buy ?

Omega Speedmaster Professional
13 (81.3%)
Breitling Navitimer
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Omega Speedmaster Professional vs Breitling Navitimer  (Read 3790 times)

Offline fs2625

Omega Speedmaster Professional vs Breitling Navitimer
« on: October 04, 2021, 12:19:07 PM »
Hey guys!

This is my first post here in the forum and wanted to get everyone's opinion between the Omega Speedmaster Professional and the Breitling Navitimer. I'm looking to save up to potentially get a 1 watch collection and I'm having a hard time choosing between these two models. I'm still learning about watches so any input is highly appreciated!

Let me know which watch would you go for and what are the things you love about the watch

Omega Speedmaster
https://k8q7r7a2.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-Master-Chronometer-Co-Axial-2021-review-15.jpg

Breitling Navitimer
https://cdn2.chrono24.com/images/uhren/5792419-4xc8pe82q3mfxjav0ltt3w2o-ExtraLarge.jpg

Offline pleasuresaurus

Re: Omega Speedmaster Professional vs Breitling Navitimer
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
Welcome aboard mate. Have u actually tried them on in person b4? If not, get this done 1st b4 anything else.

Interesting choice these, 2 distinct chronographs, both with historical pedigree, both with great hardware. Since u r comparing between the 2, I will assume manual wind vs auto is not an issue for u. I will also assume that warranty (5 yrs Omega vs 2 ys Breitling) is not an issue.

To address ur question, I would go for the Moonwatch, probably the 1863 hesalite. Good price on it, enough that I wouldn't mind buying from the boutique. Lots of aftermarket support both for metal bracelets and straps. I have a soft spot for versatile strap monsters, they keep things fresh and interesting - especially with the convenience of quick release spring bars.

Having said that though, I do wonder...Price wise I reckon there is a significant price difference of around 10k+ between the Moonwatch n the Navi - in such an expanded price bracket,perhaps there are other watches u would want to look at? The Zenith Chronomaster Sport is a brilliant contender - after discount pricing might still be within budget and u get 100m WR to boot.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:33:00 PM »
Omega anytime before a Breitling but get the co-axial automatic instead of the hand winding unless you really dig the moonwatch history

Offline Fearsome Puppy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 10:16:59 PM »
SMP , the only watch I’ve bought twice…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lange 1815 Chrono, AP ROO 26470ST, RO 26230ST, Rolex 216570 (w), 116600, 116520 (w), IWC XV, PAM 366, 420, Seiko SKX781, SKX007J, Apple Watch

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
Both are great and at around the same price new. Only difference is auto vs handwind and date module. Either would be good but if I have to choose one, I will take the navitimer as I have never owned one b4. 8-)

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
In the same position a long time ago. Went with the omega over the breitling
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline tention

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:54 PM »
Welcome aboard mate. Have u actually tried them on in person b4? If not, get this done 1st b4 anything else.

Interesting choice these, 2 distinct chronographs, both with historical pedigree, both with great hardware. Since u r comparing between the 2, I will assume manual wind vs auto is not an issue for u. I will also assume that warranty (5 yrs Omega vs 2 ys Breitling) is not an issue.

Breitling provide 5 years warranty for manufacture movement so both are same.

Offline fs2625

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 08:21:32 PM »

To address ur question, I would go for the Moonwatch, probably the 1863 hesalite. Good price on it, enough that I wouldn't mind buying from the boutique. Lots of aftermarket support both for metal bracelets and straps. I have a soft spot for versatile strap monsters, they keep things fresh and interesting - especially with the convenience of quick release spring bars.

Having said that though, I do wonder...Price wise I reckon there is a significant price difference of around 10k+ between the Moonwatch n the Navi - in such an expanded price bracket,perhaps there are other watches u would want to look at? The Zenith Chronomaster Sport is a brilliant contender - after discount pricing might still be within budget and u get 100m WR to boot.

Hey guys, thanks so much for all of the response. It's really insightful to see what everyone's preference was between the two watches.

To answer your question, I actually did manage to try both watches over the weekend and that's probably how I ended up at this forum. Because I loved both watches but unfortunately will most likely save up to buy only one haha.

In my opinion, both honestly are fantastic watches. The Breitling definitely had it's own distinctive look and dare I say a bit more flashier than the Omega. But the Omega also had this unexplainable prestige about it that made me equally proud if I had a chance to own one.

I currently own a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope with a 40mm case and surprisingly both the Omega (42mm) and Breitling (43mm) didn't really feel that much larger and they were pretty comfortable to wear.

On the side, I did reach out to a few instagrammers who own both watches and you'll be surprised to hear that majority of them would rather keep their Breitling Navitimer instead. Most of them mention that the dial is what makes it interesting to look at when compared to the Omega.

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and how the watch makes you feel.

Though I did try on a few unexpected watches while at the mall

Grand Seiko SBGJ249
https://www.grand-seiko.com/global-en/collections/sbgj249g

I've never seen a dial anything quite like that. Definitely the most surprising watch I've encountered

Breitling Premier B01
https://www.breitling.com/my-en/watches/premier/premier-b01-chronograph-42/AB0118221C1/

It was a really stunning blue dial but I was more focused towards the Navitimer but a killer watch in person

Zenith EL Primero
https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_my/product/chronomaster-original-03-3200-3600-69-c902

I'm not too familiar with Zenith but I did try this model on and I actually loved the 38mm version. Oh and I think I can get a pretty good discount on the Navitimer that made the pricing pretty competitive with the Omega, hence why I probably did not look at Zenith too much

I probably just need to see and spend abit more time with the watches at the store again and I'm sure I'll be able to decide the best one for me but thanks guys really appreciate the votes and comments!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
Among all, hard choice between Zenith and Omega. I would get an Omega first and Zenith second but the Chronomaster Original is a fantastic watch.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 07:02:15 PM »

Hey guys, thanks so much for all of the response. It's really insightful to see what everyone's preference was between the two watches.

To answer your question, I actually did manage to try both watches over the weekend and that's probably how I ended up at this forum. Because I loved both watches but unfortunately will most likely save up to buy only one haha.

In my opinion, both honestly are fantastic watches. The Breitling definitely had it's own distinctive look and dare I say a bit more flashier than the Omega. But the Omega also had this unexplainable prestige about it that made me equally proud if I had a chance to own one.

I currently own a Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope with a 40mm case and surprisingly both the Omega (42mm) and Breitling (43mm) didn't really feel that much larger and they were pretty comfortable to wear.

On the side, I did reach out to a few instagrammers who own both watches and you'll be surprised to hear that majority of them would rather keep their Breitling Navitimer instead. Most of them mention that the dial is what makes it interesting to look at when compared to the Omega.

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and how the watch makes you feel.

Though I did try on a few unexpected watches while at the mall

Grand Seiko SBGJ249
https://www.grand-seiko.com/global-en/collections/sbgj249g

I've never seen a dial anything quite like that. Definitely the most surprising watch I've encountered

Breitling Premier B01
https://www.breitling.com/my-en/watches/premier/premier-b01-chronograph-42/AB0118221C1/

It was a really stunning blue dial but I was more focused towards the Navitimer but a killer watch in person

Zenith EL Primero
https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_my/product/chronomaster-original-03-3200-3600-69-c902

I'm not too familiar with Zenith but I did try this model on and I actually loved the 38mm version. Oh and I think I can get a pretty good discount on the Navitimer that made the pricing pretty competitive with the Omega, hence why I probably did not look at Zenith too much

I probably just need to see and spend abit more time with the watches at the store again and I'm sure I'll be able to decide the best one for me but thanks guys really appreciate the votes and comments!

Good to know you have tried both on. I agree that you need to spend time to decide so as to not regret. One thing to note is that the Omega is a handwinding watch whilst the Navitimer is automatic. It depends if you like winding your watch every other day just to keep it running.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 08:34:29 AM »
Although both have a rich history i prefer the Speedmaster personally due to the following reasons: 1) Better design (subjective) 2) Probably better resale value (I know one doesn't buy a watch to sell but in bad times it would be nice to have a watch you can sell with minimal or no loss).