Author Topic: Is it safe? Carousell seller  (Read 13086 times)

Offline lowengen

Is it safe? Carousell seller
« on: January 24, 2021, 06:34:34 AM »
Hi all,

I've chanced upon a seller in Carousell with the name far_east_gallery.

The page is linked as follows:
https://www.carousell.com.my/far_east_gallery

I was thinking of getting the Autavia, as the price is relatively cheaper.. I've chat with the seller and they mentioned it comes with "seller's warranty of 2 years" and not International Warranty but assured that it is an authentic / original watch.. which made me believe its a grey market watch...

Have anyone had experience or heard of them before?
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:36:22 AM by lowengen »

Offline dspayre616

• dspayrelovewatch
Re: Is it safe? Carousell seller
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:43:00 AM »
I have not personally dealt with the seller. But for me, there are some red flags

1. Seller does not have any presence in other social media (which is important for me to determine if the seller is committed to selling watches online)
2. Seller contact number is singapore number, so you be relying a lot on WhatsApp or PM instead of calls

But those are my two cents and I hope it helps!

Offline lowengen

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 05:09:19 PM »
In the end, i decided not to take any risk and not buying from them. Thanks alot anyway..

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:59:51 PM »
Is very annoying that these buyers from Carousell call out a price that’s 30% lower than your selling price everytime trying their luck. Like do that expect every seller to markup and bump their selling price by 20% and above to profit ?

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:05:21 PM »
Is very annoying that these buyers from Carousell call out a price that’s 30% lower than your selling price everytime trying their luck. Like do that expect every seller to markup and bump their selling price by 20% and above to profit ?

Indeed! I try to sell something and they always wanted more discount, like buying things at pasar malam.

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »

Indeed! I try to sell something and they always wanted more discount, like buying things at pasar malam.

Don’t know where they learn the auntie bargaining skill lol

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 07:20:32 AM »
I think they are just looking for a good deal. The rule of thumb I feel in pricing watches should be that they are higher than what watch dealers outside are offering to buy your piece but lower than what these dealers are asking for when selling the same piece. If the watch is priced outside this range, the watch will remain unsold regardless of the platform used.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 11:30:16 AM »
I think they are just looking for a good deal. The rule of thumb I feel in pricing watches should be that they are higher than what watch dealers outside are offering to buy your piece but lower than what these dealers are asking for when selling the same piece. If the watch is priced outside this range, the watch will remain unsold regardless of the platform used.

What’s more funny (ridiculous) is that they are very consistent and stubborn. Told them NO and yet they kept messaging you and asking for lower than usual price range lol

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 05:11:03 PM »
They are hoping that you break down since the watch remains unsold.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ambrose0422

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 02:09:34 PM »
They are hoping that you break down since the watch remains unsold.

So true, they think you are running out of cash and sell it urgently, so they try to mock you up.

Offline zoltan

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
Maybe some try low ball then resell with higher value.

Offline SaifulAJ

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
Maybe some try low ball then resell with higher value.

This happens to other items as well.

Offline Gary30624700

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
Obviously, most of the watches there are fake.

Most of them wont tell u that's fake, they tell u its reprint version

always buy from trusted dealers unless you can prove that's a real product
this is life

Offline fitri

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
If it is a really good bargain. Why not spend a few bucks more to authenticate the watch?

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2021, 01:56:01 PM »

Yes I sell stuff on different platforms such as eBay, Grailed, and Carousell and I must say as a seller, Carousell is the worst.

I may not be a watch dealer but I have been buying/selling shoes, clothes, electronics and other fashion related items online for a while now.

As a seller I often lay out all of the specifications such as: my absolute best price, condition, location, terms of payment, specification, and such. And more often than not the buyers simply do not read the description, and just simply drop a message like "Best price bro?" or ask questions that's already answered in the descriptions, and continue to bombard you even after you decline the ridiculously lowball offer. It's just overall a lack of manner, respect and professionalism.

Of course this rant is not for all Carousell buyers, but I'd say 7 out of 10 buyers I've encountered act as such.

Offline vans1088

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »
I came across this same seller in Carousell. They had some IWC models for every attractive prices. They had told me the same thing when I enquired i.e. 2 years warranty. But when I asked about the 2 + 6 years warranty option (which is standard for IWC and JLC), they could not answer.

Offline ching1112

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 06:25:29 PM »
If outstation seller,prefer using carousell protection,is a very good platfrom :thumbsup:

Offline ilnix

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 10:37:27 PM »
So far my experience with Carousell is reliable…normally I will ask for meet up before trade

Offline Champ66

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2021, 06:42:15 PM »
The seller purely sell online only?

Offline Mike9191

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 06:54:38 PM »
You can go authentic at watch shop after MCO ...

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

Offline hanteong

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
Friend say Carousell less scammer compare to mudah.
Sporty and Watch lovers

Offline Alex K

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:57 PM »
Carousell should be good but do your DD on the sellar pass record etc, good luck.

Offline agbyee

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 09:49:12 AM »
Beware, far as I know, he's a replica seller. Besides, I've seen a few pieces although he mentioned it's 100% Authentic, the prices are almost 40% cheaper than retail. So, be very careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Junny

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »
i guess maybe you can look for sources on the selling price or maybe ask around friends, forum and all before deciding! The price itself is a very good determining factor on whether its legitimate or just reps.. so yeah hope you wont fall for it! sometimes if you think its too good to be true, it generally is...

Offline treasureplanetmy

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »
I’ve purchased and sold multiple items on carousell. Always believe in buying the buyer instead of the watch first.