Author Topic: Bracelet spring bar tool  (Read 5148 times)

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
Bracelet spring bar tool
« on: August 31, 2020, 07:17:51 PM »
I bought this tool on lazada for RM20. It’s a cheap knock off of the Bergeon 6825.

Obviously, the build quality is nowhere near the Bergeon, but for the price I paid, I think it’s worth it. The Bergeon can easily cost US$200.

I can easily swap my bracelet into a leather strap without the risk of scratching the watch. I don’t recommend using cheap tools on screws, as it may damage the screw head. However, on spring bars, I don’t see any risk as long as you use the correct size.

https://s.lazada.com.my/s.YONXR

Offline aramis

Re: Bracelet spring bar tool
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »
Thx for the feedback. I was looking at the exact same one. Lol. Will be getting it.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:40:03 AM »
A lil late to the party, but I had also acquired a similar china made Bergeon 6825 clone. Build quality of the interchangeable tool heads is rather meh, but the tool body itself is aceeptable. After some attempts to use in steel bracelets with endlinks, I realize that cheap china tools is still better than no tools. The item does its job well enough, and it really helps manage the risk of scratches conaiderably. Caveat: tape up the lugs properly and don't rush!

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 09:43:01 PM »
I am now seriously considering the original 7825...but seems the 6825 knock offs can do the job too? Can share some photos?

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:34:45 AM »
The 7825 also comes in cloned flavor, initially that was what I was considering, but if i recall correctly the 6825 ended up a lil cheaper so i got it instead. Bith clones are available on shoppee n what not so its easy to get. Turns out 6825 is a bit more useful though - since its designed like a compass/caliper,  the tool heads are easily removed and used in order to adapt to whatever kind of endlink or spring bar.

I i find that I would usually use the 6825 specifically for the endlinks of ss bracelets, but i would still use a straight tool (6767 equivalent) for other straps for the sake of simplicity. I tend to use quick release spring bars for most leather straps, and end up using the 6767 style for my rubber and fabric.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 09:00:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing...looks sturdy too...but with the 6825, we have to "de-link" the bracelet first in order to have clear access to the spring bars? From the way the 7825 is designed, it seems we can access the spring bars without having to disconnect the bracelet...but anyway I might try the shopee 6825 ones first too...

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 09:28:11 AM »
What do u mean by de-link though?

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »
Oh I meant that we have to disconnect the bracelet /clasp at some point to access the spring bars with 6825?

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »
Ah ok, I see what u mean, the 7825 design narrowing at the ends. Its a helpful feature no doubt. Depending on the clasp design, i would set the thinner/narrower section of the clasp assembly over the case when i'm working with it. Although for the sake of convenience, most of the time i would usually do as u mentioned and just pop the clasp buckle pin open and work on it that way.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
Thanks for the tip man... :thumbsup: appreciate it. Ordered from Shopee and I'll try it out on my cheaper watches first for practice...!

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »
No worries, glad to help   :D

Offline juliansaw

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 07:25:39 AM »
If you're looking for a 6825 type spring bar removal plier. I can recommend the link below on shopee. Item came as described and works well.

https://shopee.com.my/product/165500823/4444242920

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »
Thanks Julian, actually I already ordered earlier on from Shopee as well and the tool just arrived today. But it is not easy to use though...probably 'user' issue...am trying on my older watches with bracelets but not easy to 'catch' the grooves of the spring bars, and it slips sometimes that can scratch the watch lugs. I dare not try on my better watches!  :Startled:

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 02:23:35 PM »
You should try to swap the head to a different size. It normally slips if the head does not match with the spring bar size

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 04:05:13 PM »
You should try to swap the head to a different size. It normally slips if the head does not match with the spring bar size

Yup, I carefully checked the fitting, and it works! Turns out, the problem was the watch itself - I tried on an older Tissot - was tough to remove. But with the Tudor, pretty good. Fitting back was a little more challenging, but managed too.

Cheers