Author Topic: Servicing old seikos  (Read 4996 times)

Offline discostu

Servicing old seikos
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:32:48 PM »
Hi. I have a question. I recemtly purchase an old seiko lord matic. Do thong sia service old seikos? Or do they have a cut off limit(age) as in wont touch vintage watches.

Or if anyone can suggest places you would recommend to send it for servicing. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
Re: Servicing old seikos
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:07:18 PM »

Offline vinodh

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
I recently had my 7017 Speedtimer serviced here. I know friends who have sent their Vintage GS/KS and Vintage Seiko chronographs to him.

Just a tip: sometimes it is helpful to source parts from FromJapan if you know what is wrong beforehand. He will do his best to help you, but he's a busy guy so sometimes it is easier and faster to get the part yourself.

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 11:48:44 AM »
Do anyone know where I can find a watch shop that provides nickel/chrome plating on vintage watches?

Offline HarleMec

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 01:46:19 PM »
I'm not sure if it'll help but I've shot you a PM separate :)

let us know how it progress mate...

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 11:13:52 AM »
I've contacted them, but have not received a solid reply yet. I'm still in the market for nickel/chrome plating (I'm unsure what's the original material but it looks rusty after ageing for years. Would like to make it clean and proper. I will attach a screenshot of the looks of the watch, when I have the time. Thank you for your input, mate.