Author Topic: My Zenith EP HW is here!!! (Updated 3rd Mar 2011) PERFECT!!  (Read 23792 times)

Offline rioet

Re: My Zenith EP HW is here!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 05:14:58 AM »
yes just change the strap to leather. i think a nice honey brown hirsch would suit it well.

wah....this is really eye catching piece. damn nice n elegant

penerai 1950

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
very nice watch. Congrat and wear in good health

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
OMG... it is disappointing dealing with [No mention of AD name as per forum rules -MOD] by phone.
As they are the AD for Zenith, I called them up and asked them if they can help me order a replacement strap and buckle for my HW...
The guy was rude on d phone, telling me I have to pay 1st... I told him he can charge to my CC coz I'm in KK, he says he need to accept cash...
Have to wait 3-6 months for the strap and buckle to arrive.
He refuse to tell me the exact price for the strap and buckle as well and telling me I will know once it arrives...  ???
OK, I told him my uncle in KL will stop over by the weekend (this was last week) to pay cash.
He says he needs to confirm the watch that I have is authentic before proceeding with the order.
I asked to e-mail him pictures but he say no, MMS him instead... MMS not once not twice but TEN times... using my phone, my wife's phone, my mom's phone heck even my dad's phone.... but he say he didn't get it.   :Mad:
Honestly, Zenith have been my grail in my Horology love affair but my 1st Zenith ownership is anything but smooth...
I am honestly contemplating not buying anymore Zenith watches in d future... it's heartbreaking to tell u the truth.
Anyone here willing to lend a hand... maybe you guys know someone, AD perhaps...  :Praying:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:01:32 PM by takashi78 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline xnizarx

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
the bracelet clasp looks bad :thumbsdown:

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »
I am just curious what AD is that (please PM me regarding this)? Is it the local service center for zenith watch? I don think you could put blame on the brand if the salesman of an AD act rude to you. Sorry to hear that  :-X

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »
My hunt for the strap has ended,
Got a genuine crocodile strap... pricey stuff... did not know that croc straps are expensive...  :Laughing_on_floor:.
But still abit cheaper than alligator.
Now the next stop is to find the original Zenith signed deployment buckle.
After that, I will post the pics of the transformed piece. :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline kaka23

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:27 PM »
My hunt for the strap has ended,
Got a genuine crocodile strap... pricey stuff... did not know that croc straps are expensive...  :Laughing_on_floor:.
But still abit cheaper than alligator.
Now the next stop is to find the original Zenith signed deployment buckle.
After that, I will post the pics of the transformed piece. :Cheers:

Bro.. mind telling where you get the croc srap?!

Offline spoonfork

• Freshie
  • Out of the f**king way! Iban dude coming through!
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »
Hanz079,

Mine came today. Subtle difference from yours: In your photo, the "Z" right next to the 420, in a box on its own. In mine, the "Z" is not enclosed in a box. The etching of the Z is also not the same as the 420 - in mine, it's has been engraved.

Mine came in new wooden Zenith box, which is epically rocking, IMHO. (sample pic here:

It's a shame about the clasp, as the bracelet is quite nice. Mine has the same poor finishing as yours. Anyways, I am planning to replace the bracelet with a light brown Hirsch Knight strap.

The serial number, inside the main plate near the balancing wheel, is damn hard to read without magnifying glass.

All in all, it's a pretty superb watch. I just need getting used to the "rushed" beat of 36,600 :)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:18:49 PM by chrisyen »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Congratz bro Spoonfork, we have good taste  ;D
Glad that there is confirmation about the clasp.
But fret not, time for you to hunt for a croc strap and a deployment if that is your thing.
I somehow feel that this watch is better off with a croc strap and deployment than with a bracelet.
The watch is thin coz it's manual wind and it's clean and sleek when you wear it out on dinners or dates.
I don't think it is suitable as a daily beater even with steel bracelet.
Well, juz my humble opinion though.
Do share some pics yeah? We're all picture whores... try to poison readers here...  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:49:13 PM by hanz079 »

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »
Nice catch Spoonfork  :thumbsup:
Is it from the same source?
Yea, show some pictures, not just he box  ;D
 :Cheers:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
For those who read this thread frm the beginning.
You guys knew about the quality of stainless steel clasp and how annoying it is to me.
Since the watch is manual wind and it's a really thin watch, I figured out that it'll look better on a brown crocodile strap with a Signed Original Zenith Deployant.
Initial search for these 2 items yielded unexpected results... it's freakin expensive. The 2 items will account to 40% of the total cost of the watch itself.
The first one that I figured out to cut back is the strap.
A Hadley Roma Genuine Crocodile strap costs a fraction of a Zenith signed one and fulfills the role just as well.
So I bought one online and it looks perfect.
I even bought a few Hadley Roma Single fold deployant and put it on as well but it just doesn't feel right.
Ended giving it away on this forum and some lucky owners got it and enjoyed it. At least it did not go to waste.
Then I was thinking of getting a Zenith Signed Tang Buckle which is waaaaay cheaper but I don't think it will do justice to the watch.
An original deployant is still the way to go.
So, I was hunting and there were disappointments along the way but I kept going.
Until I chanced upon a pre owned one.
Although cheaper than brand new (I was quoted rm1800 from local AD) but still it costs a whopping rm1200 including shipping frm Switzerland.
That time my heart was set. Bought the deployant without any 2nd thoughts.
While waiting for the deployant, I was having nightmares about receiving a crappy china made one but the item arrived today and thank god... it's the real deal.
Now my Zenith EP HW is transformed and in my view PERFECT!!
This is the way this watch should have been sold instead of a crappy stainless steel bracelet.
But all in all, I'm a happy man and I feel relieved that I get to accomplish what I set out to do.  :Dancing_banana:
Hadley Roma genuine crocodile strap and a few variation of the single and double fold deployant RM800.
Original Zenith Signed Deployant RM1200.
The damage? RM2000... a thinner wallet...  :Laughing_on_floor:
The feeling of accomplishment? Priceless  :thumbsup:
Enjoy the pics... as usual, taken using my wife's Sony TX-5 and I'm no professional. :Cheers:

:Jumping: :Jumping: :Jumping:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: My Zenith EP HW is here!!! (Updated 3rd Mar 2011) PERFECT!!
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »
Congrats. But that is the curse of the deployment buckle. IWC deployment buckle for the Pilot cost about the same as your Zenith new.

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
Nice piece. The original SS buckle just doesn't do the watch justice. Better off with the leather band. Thanks for the deployment clasp btw!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »
What a damage!
But look darn good, enjoy  :D
 :Cheers:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 05:28:31 AM »
Definately looks much better!
Congrats and looks like you will enjoy the watch much more now!

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 05:35:29 AM »
Congrats. Now you have a complete watch to your satisfaction

Mind telling me, whats the width of the deployment - 18 or 16mm?

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:22 AM »
The deployment is 18mm...
I bought 2 straps... one that tapers frm 20-18mm and one frm 20-16mm.
I thought I was getting a 16mm deployant but it did not mature.
But luckily I bought the 20-18mm ones coz I ended up finding an 18mm deployant. :Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 06:45:28 AM »
Han - Thanks for sharing

Now, I know the value of a used (zenith) deployment.

cheerio
dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 07:06:50 AM »
Yeah... good for you bro... :laugh:
Now u can sell yours for that exact price if someone else wants it badly... :Laughing_on_floor:
Your 16mm deployant is the exact one pictured here or just with a Zenith engraving without the Star?

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
Han

Exactly like the one in the picture/s - 16mm (like new) cos the previous owner switched to normal buckle, moments he wear the watch.

dc

Offline jonhtks

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
Me and a friend of mine (also just joined MWF recently) had a meet up with Mr Han few days ago to purchase a timepiece from him  :thumbsup:

Was so greatful and excited that he agreed to show us his fine collection  :Dancing_banana:

The feelings of seeing the actual Zenith is so syok hehee :Jumping:

Initially it was not as standing out as the maurice pontos sitting beside the zenith. (i hav to say the pontos is a real beauty at first sight, it captures my full attention and almost neglected the zenith  :Laughing_on_floor:)

With Han's consent i tried on the fairly-smaller-diameter zenith (40mm) and to my supprise it was so nice and classy, the case is thin and just nice to slip in any long sleve shirts without any difficulties. But the centre of attraction for this piece to me was the deployant ! I must say it has a vry detail design and gives a classy overall look  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and it looks $$$$$  :thumbsup: 

To top things up With Han's indept explanation i instantly felt in lurv with this timepiece !

Finally after the meet up i went back with this time piece from Han

Thx Han !

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
this is really poisonous .....tempting me to get a HW too. damn you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :laugh:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
this is really poisonous .....tempting me to get a HW too. damn you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :laugh:
Zeetan just around the corner  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
Zeetan just around the corner  :Laughing_on_floor:

evil lar lu
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Yalor... Sumore the exchange rate for usd is quite good... Now is the time to get one