Author Topic: People Maldives is heaven; Mine... Ermmm...  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Kfcc

• Freshie
People Maldives is heaven; Mine... Ermmm...
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:50:36 PM »
Good days...sharing is caring..

Before touch down to Maldives....many good expectations in mind. Blue sky, blue crystal water, whities sand... water front chalets etc.

Planning self buy ticket, hiring a local ground guide.. and bring money (maldives & usd only) * maldives money dont accept back at any changer if cant finish, usd no small change & luggages.

When touch down to maldives airport, going to capital city Male(we call Mali, haha) by speed boat. Touched down and waiting guide. End up staying in Male town because of budget. Sigh.. no more water front chalet.

4days 3 nights staying town with no entertainment at all. Town a bit like after ww3 town. No whitiest sand, no clear blue crystal water... sigh... spending day and day walking to street market, drinking coffee, walking around, waiting time fly bfast, lunch n dinner. The only activity is fishing (we cook at homestay, some fish nvr seen before, colorful but can eat.) & visiting the fruit and vege farm.

After dinner, the only hi-fi with muzik then we starting dancing entertain ourself.

Haha... time flies...

As conclusion, maldives with more than 1000 big & small islands with their grade also. Meant for grade A island like heaven, have to spent grade a expenses. Haha, fair and enough.

:Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Cheers: :Cheers:

Offline craftedseries

• Freshie
  • Bicycles fascinate me
    • Life
Re: People Maldives is heaven; Mine... Ermmm...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:01:06 AM »
You should have gone to an island. There's an island nearby called Maafushi. $500 would have been enough for a week at a guest house there. Food and everything will be provided and all. Being a Maldivian myself, even locals can't afford resorts most of the time. You wouldn't be disappointed next time, try Maafushi :)

Offline jim2106

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »
how far is the island from mainland? ie travelling time from airport and cost of boat ride to the island?

Offline mattwee89

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
I am going there end of this year :) Hopefully is a nice place to visit!