Author Topic: 116516ln Chocolate Dial Rubber Strap should I pull the trigger?  (Read 8651 times)

Offline DLwatchaddict

116516ln Chocolate Dial Rubber Strap should I pull the trigger?
« on: December 10, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »
Hi all c hing in MWF, I am currently planning to purchase a Rolex 116515ln chocolate dial from AD, but the AD won’t provide any discount. At RM 111650, should I pull the trigger?

Offline leewae91

Re: 116516ln Chocolate Dial Rubber Strap should I pull the trigger?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
No discounts? these are sitting on the shelf and no discounts? which AD are we talking about?

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »
One of the biggest Rolex AD in Malaysia. Yes, not even one cent. Should I pull the trigger?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
No I will not. I will look for other options to buy. for a fact, I know that I can get the same watch for RM95K with change. Let the AD be snobbish and stuck up. I will take my hard earned money elsewhere.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 07:58:03 PM »
HMm, the water stock already cost RM106 now. Are you sure can get a new one at RM 95k?

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Contact kenny from swiss hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:38:46 PM »
If you are referring to the shop at Times Square, I tried. He have a used one, 87k. The condition is not so appeal. Any c hing can introduce me to get a new watch at 100k? I am willing to pay 500 as commission for your effort. Thanks.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:03:46 AM »
I went the AD in klcc yesterday and saw the said watch. For me, it is hard to see the watch come from time to time and my personally opinion if you really keen on the watch just pull the trigger. A beautiful piece for a gentlemen. As for me if budget permits i will definitely buy it on then spot as demand are crazy for this watch all over the world whilst the supply is low.

I have nothing to do with the AD but i am thrilled to see someone who is going to buy a nice piece. Me myself is eyeing for the SS black bezel and black dial and hope to get it soon as price is sky rocketing like crazy. Retail for 48k but exchanging hands for a premium 79k. If you look at the premium price of SS (79k) then for a delta of +-30k for a rose gold does make sense.

Good luck bro and go for it. Never go wrong with a daytona. May god speed.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
I heard that company policy not to allow discount for the PM Daytona. Let me ask my contact and see if something can be worked around.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »
Thanks for all c hing suggestion. I will pull the trigger tomorrow.  :D

Offline Timeless

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:25 AM »
Usually precious material such as platinum, rose, white, yellow golds etc. should have certain level of discount + free gifts, will not recommend to buy if without discount. I do have one to let go if you are open for an used one.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 08:39:21 AM »
They are willing to provide significant discount on full gold model, but not this particular model. I own a DD so I know they do offer more discount on solid gold. They do give me free gifts. I don’t mind to take used one providing the condition is excellent, but already pulled the trigger on the new one. Thanks for your offer.

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
brown dial... no thanks

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline DUF1220

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 05:25:23 AM »
I was at the KLCC Rolex boutique yesterday and inquired the WG 116519LN with steel/black dial... It was listed at RM111,650 and NOT A PENNY LESS!!! Was very disgusted to say the least... Precious metals rollies are not selling that well in Europe and I know this for a fact. Don't know why our local boutiques & ADs here are so stuck up.

Lets see if they are the same come 2018 & 2019 when the local economy are expected to go south...

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
I was at the KLCC Rolex boutique yesterday and inquired the WG 116519LN with steel/black dial... It was listed at RM111,650 and NOT A PENNY LESS!!! Was very disgusted to say the least... Precious metals rollies are not selling that well in Europe and I know this for a fact. Don't know why our local boutiques & ADs here are so stuck up.

Lets see if they are the same come 2018 & 2019 when the local economy are expected to go south...

It depends on model. These models are selling fast. Even for the grey market in HK, the price is HKD 198k now, after conversion about RM106k. I tried to contact Rolex AD in HK before purchase my Chocolate Daytona with them (Bangsar branch), all of them are out of stock. Not to mention there are 20 + AD store in Wong Kwok, Tsim Tsa Tsui and Yao Ma Tei area. To be honest, even in EU, these models is selling fast too. Consider myself lucky to be able to see this watch in stock at local AD.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:54:03 PM by DLwatchaddict »

Offline fireken

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »
Rolex hot model is just like chipmores advertisement. Now you see it, now you don’t. The moment you see it, u need to grab it.. otherwise you will never see the next time and you will regret it (long waiting lists). The question is always can you absorb the premium price?

Rolex branding is too strong regardless of economic or price hike, they will be someone who willing to meet the offer price. You can see it when Rolex break new record with Rolex Paul Newman with 17mil.

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 09:30:11 AM »
Rolex hot model is just like chipmores advertisement. Now you see it, now you don’t. The moment you see it, u need to grab it.. otherwise you will never see the next time and you will regret it (long waiting lists). The question is always can you absorb the premium price?

Rolex branding is too strong regardless of economic or price hike, they will be someone who willing to meet the offer price. You can see it when Rolex break new record with Rolex Paul Newman with 17mil.

Yes, the Paul Newman Daytona that belongs to Paul Newman is now worth 17mil, USD. Lol. I have seen this watch in a boutique in Italy (of course, not belongs to Paul Newman one, having the same spec though) few years back with the price tag of USD 90k. Now I think the price can easily go USD200k.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:34:47 AM by DLwatchaddict »

Offline yehlai

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »
For that price I would get a Patek, but Rolex do have some advantage over Patek

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »

I do have the same thought when I can’t afford a PP. But when you have had a PP before, you probably wouldn’t decide a watch on the brand alone. No doubt PP is more prestige than Rolex, but the watch is on your wrist, you should choose the one you like, not the brand alone. After all, you should live your life, not other people life.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »

I do have the same thought when I can’t afford a PP. But when you have had a PP before, you probably wouldn’t decide a watch on the brand alone. No doubt PP is more prestige than Rolex, but the watch is on your wrist, you should choose the one you like, not the brand alone. After all, you should live your life, not other people life.

Agreed 100 percent.

Offline fennek

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »
Hi all c hing in MWF, I am currently planning to purchase a Rolex 116515ln chocolate dial from AD, but the AD won’t provide any discount. At RM 111650, should I pull the trigger?

if you really like it, just go for it.

good luck

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 03:51:53 AM »
I say go for it. The choc dial is unique and gorgeous, and when paired with the right attire can be a killer combo.

I'd also say that it isn't a watch that you want to wear shorts and slippers with (save that for the steel daytona)....