Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: FS: LNIB "Important Collector Wristwatch" : Magellan 1521 Northern Hemisphere SS  (Read 3243 times)

Offline YAN@Watch:WerkzSGP

I am not thinking straight for sure..... It has always been a 50-50 feeling for me to part this piece away. But I need cash urgently, so this unique conversational timepiece has to go... :(

Magellan Watch is named after Ferdinand Magellan (1479–1521). This great navigator and explorer embarked on a daring expedition that has become known as the first circumnavigation of the world. The expedition proved conclusively that earth is round and is even today considered one of the most important feats in human history.

Magellan Watch is established in the heart of the Swiss watch-production region. Employing some of the most gifted local craftsmen, the company creates and produces tactile and aesthetically pleasing timepieces - incorporating proven high quality Swiss precision components- dedicated to a discerning clientele, world-wide.

In 2005, the Magellan 1521 Northern Hemisphere Stainless Steel was considered one of the 'Important Collector Wristwatches' at the Antiquorum, New York. It has an estimated value of US$4000-6000 (SFr. 4,500-7000). Actual auction prices may differ from estimate value.

Click below to read the 2005 Auction Highlights.
http://www.antiquorum.com/html/vox/vox2005/highlights/highlights.htm

Features:
* Stainless steel case
* 43 mm diameter, 19 mm height
* ETA 2893 automatic movement (21 rubis)
* Natural mother of pearl chapter ring with hour, seconds and gradient indications
* Sapphire scratch resistant, anti-reflect glass
* Engraved backplate
* Original Black ostrich straps, no visible lugs

* Double folding (butterfly) buckle
* Spherical dial depicting Northern hemisphere
* Encased crown, accessible from back
* Second, minutes and hour hands curved with the surface of spherical dial
* 24-hour individually adjustable sun-dial hand for geographical reference to noon
* Water resistant to 3 ATM
* Swiss Made
* Original Brand New In Heavy Lacquered Box, stamped AD warranty. Date will be written from time of purchase as I was a dealer with Singapore AD.
* List price: S$8650. Looking to sell it for: S$SOLD/neg.

Did you know that the watchmakers at Magellan S.A. takes about a month to produce 1-2 watches?

Note: THIS IS A BRAND NEW PIECE, NEVER WORN, JUST STORED AWAY.

I will be making a trip up to KL most likely in one of the weekends from now. So I can bring this piece up as well for you to view, but serious buyers only please.... thanks.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:57:53 PM by watchwerkz »
--------------------------
For faster response, kindly email me. Thank you.
Best Wishes, YAN

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
this is just like the seiko think the earth watch...
but this is automatic....

free bump for u on this unique piece

Offline YAN@Watch:WerkzSGP

Re: sold
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 02:58:20 PM »
sold. mod may close thread. thanks.
--------------------------
For faster response, kindly email me. Thank you.
Best Wishes, YAN