Author Topic: Rolex Submariner (Hot watch!)  (Read 9284 times)

Offline WatchGalaxyMelawatiMall

• Freshie
Rolex Submariner (Hot watch!)
« on: September 18, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »
Hi all,

Just want to know what are your thoughts on Rolex Submariner. What 'hot' Rolex Submariner watch is trending now in Malaysia?

Many customers of mine have been looking for Rolex Hulk 116610LV  :D :D :D

What do you guys think?

Offline Cocas

Re: Rolex Submariner (Hot watch!)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
Hi all,

Just want to know what are your thoughts on Rolex Submariner. What 'hot' Rolex Submariner watch is trending now in Malaysia?

What do you guys think?

The preowned shop at Senxx Airport also recommended  me to buy this Hulk Submariner.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:48 AM »
so hot meh?

Offline lyiising28

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 09:50:55 AM »
Very very hot ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:39:59 PM »
Hi all,

What do you guys think?

I think the Hulk looks a little to flashy. Will stick to the standard sub  :Cheers:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 01:47:14 PM »
i chose Starbucks. Hulk does not go well with jacket and tie.

Offline kram45

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 07:05:27 AM »
For me, it would be the Rolex Batman. The watch is absolutely beautiful and very hard to get.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 06:58:37 AM »
I don’t understand the need to get a “hot watch”. Get what you like. Get what makes you feel happy every time you put your watch on. I kinda stopped looking at Rolexes the moment too many colours came out. Maybe I’m the traditional type that likes black and steel watches. And Rolex has traditionally been making very boring looking but robust sports watches. It is in todays IG and social media era that boosted the “look at me” behaviour.

I remember being in a time when I can walk into a grey dealer and get a bigger discount than from buying from an AD. But those days are long gone and the market today disgusts me.

I was lucky enough to get Rolexes that sing to me. And the only “colourful” Rolex that I have is a Milgauss GV

I love this watch…it’s fun and it’s quirky. But when the time came that the submariner was calling to me. I had the chance to try out the 116610LV. And to me, it was horrendous. It was too “shiny” and was just the thing that put me off. A sports watch is supposed to be underrated, stealthy, and robust. Which is why at the end of the day the regular and boring 116610LN won me over.

I have worn this everywhere. Into the sea, into the pool, with shorts and a T-shirt and with a suit.

Please don’t mind me…I’m just ranting and I’m a traditionalist. I like boring watches and I don’t dress flamboyantly. But to each his own. Buy what you like. Buy what makes you happy. I’m only buying what makes me happy, and not to show to the world that I have a “desirable” watch in my collection. I’m a watch lover. I have cheap watches too and I wear them just as happily as watches that cost a little more.

My go to watch for rough sports…i.e. Spartan races and wake boarding

And a Chinese made chrono when I want to wear something a little less known and a little less common.

Anyways to sum it all up. Your tastes are yours and yours alone. Enjoy the “thrill of the chase”. The research and the seeking. Collecting watches is a journey, and also a process of self awareness…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Dantbk

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »
starbucks for me

Offline jf98

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 08:47:40 PM »
I don’t understand the need to get a “hot watch”. Get what you like. Get what makes you feel happy every time you put your watch on. I kinda stopped looking at Rolexes the moment too many colours came out. Maybe I’m the traditional type that likes black and steel watches. And Rolex has traditionally been making very boring looking but robust sports watches. It is in todays IG and social media era that boosted the “look at me” behaviour.

I remember being in a time when I can walk into a grey dealer and get a bigger discount than from buying from an AD. But those days are long gone and the market today disgusts me.

I was lucky enough to get Rolexes that sing to me. And the only “colourful” Rolex that I have is a Milgauss GV

I love this watch…it’s fun and it’s quirky. But when the time came that the submariner was calling to me. I had the chance to try out the 116610LV. And to me, it was horrendous. It was too “shiny” and was just the thing that put me off. A sports watch is supposed to be underrated, stealthy, and robust. Which is why at the end of the day the regular and boring 116610LN won me over.

I have worn this everywhere. Into the sea, into the pool, with shorts and a T-shirt and with a suit.

Please don’t mind me…I’m just ranting and I’m a traditionalist. I like boring watches and I don’t dress flamboyantly. But to each his own. Buy what you like. Buy what makes you happy. I’m only buying what makes me happy, and not to show to the world that I have a “desirable” watch in my collection. I’m a watch lover. I have cheap watches too and I wear them just as happily as watches that cost a little more.

My go to watch for rough sports…i.e. Spartan races and wake boarding

And a Chinese made chrono when I want to wear something a little less known and a little less common.

Anyways to sum it all up. Your tastes are yours and yours alone. Enjoy the “thrill of the chase”. The research and the seeking. Collecting watches is a journey, and also a process of self awareness…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think your take on it is spot on dualcarb. Fully agreed.

Offline Squirty

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »
for me , i love the new PEPSI BLRO . looked amazing on white gold, glad this model was brought over in SS. makes it somewhat reasonably priced, if you can find it at retail. HAHAH

Offline VMok

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »
Confirm hot model. Bought 2+k in 2011… now price skyrocketed

Offline dezliew

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 03:24:54 PM »
i just got my first ever Rolex and it’s a 2008 Submariner (with Date). i got it for RM53,000 and i kind of feel regret spending so much on it. i feel it’s such a high price, hope i didn’t get conned but it looks sooooo good on my wrist lol

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »
i just got my first ever Rolex and it’s a 2008 Submariner (with Date). i got it for RM53,000 and i kind of feel regret spending so much on it. i feel it’s such a high price, hope i didn’t get conned but it looks sooooo good on my wrist lol

Well, now that you've bit the bullet, might as well enjoy wearing it!

If you're buying as an 'investment' then maybe different story hehe

Offline VMok

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 04:16:04 PM »
After so many years, still find the Submariner to be great looking… never got bored of it over the years

Offline hmkpwatches

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »

im assuming thats a 16610LN. to be honest 53 isnt too bad a price for it. but yea just enjoy it bro, if you wanna just keep it in your safe you wont enjoy the experience and you would need it to meet certain criteria to really make returns.  :thumbsup:

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »
Hi All,

we love watches but we don't let the resell value to lead our taste and path. The price and value appreciation discussion lead us to nowhere.

Offline dezliew

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2022, 05:51:33 PM »
im assuming thats a 16610LN. to be honest 53 isnt too bad a price for it. but yea just enjoy it bro, if you wanna just keep it in your safe you wont enjoy the experience and you would need it to meet certain criteria to really make returns.  :thumbsup:

yes, 16610LN. your comment made my day. assured me i didn’t make the wrong choice hahaha. been wearing it almost daily and been getting a lot of compliments. totally worth every penny.

Offline The Middle Man

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »
I like the submariner too, but not after u see everyone has one on their wrist while u went to shopping at the shopping mall in KL.