Author Topic: Steinhart 18MM Bronze Deployant.  (Read 6450 times)

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
Steinhart 18MM Bronze Deployant.
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »
Hi everyone, as some of you might know I recently purchased a bronze watch. As I am very in love with deployant buckles I tried to find a bronze for the strap. No one has a bronze deployant in the size needed but after much searching, I found one in 18mm from Steinhart. It is described as :

High quality deployment clasp in bronze with Steinhart logo and pushers on both sides to open the clasp.

However, after a few weeks of use and a few times of forced patina, there is no change to the deployant. Thus, I sent an email to Steinhart asking whether it is bronze.

Much to my dismay, I found out that their deployant is not bronze as stated in their website. It is merely PVD coated with a bronze color thus it will not patina. I'm very disappointed with their item description and a bronze deployant which doesn't patina together with the watch is pretty much useless. Do you think it's reasonable if I ask for a refund?

Item here: https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/accessoires/buckle/buckle-18-mm/faltschliesse-bronze-18-mm.html
IG : watchstories.my

Offline Cocas

Re: Steinhart 18MM Bronze Deployant.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:59:01 AM »
The description instead of "in bronze", it must rectify it to "in bronze colour".

Steinhart should have known that the consequence of customers losing faith against its watches. :Blue:

Offline mongourou

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 06:44:19 AM »
You should absolutely ask for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »
Finally after some to and fro with Steinhart, they did not admit to their mistake nor would they rectify their description, but they have agreed for a refund.

However, I found a new way to artificially add patina to bronze PVD. FIRE. Using a lighter and some testing, I think I can now pass it off as a match to the watch. The only problem is, now I have to wait for the watch to patina so it can match the buckle.  :Laughing_on_floor:
IG : watchstories.my