Author Topic: Advice need - Vintage Grand Seiko  (Read 4998 times)

Offline teck

Advice need - Vintage Grand Seiko
« on: February 01, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
Hello fellow sifus,

In life, stuff happens.

My vintage grand seiko 5646-7010 was accidentally dropped and the glass shattered (my heart broken at the same time). It was brought to a watch shop and a dome glass was put on immediately (I wasn't sure whether it is a good decision, I just don't want the dial to be exposed for too long).

I have a couple of questions running in my mind and would like to seek advice from fellow sifus:

1. I would like to get the movement checked (and serviced), is there a recommended place in KL?
2. Should I get a flat glass to replace the dome glass? - Laugh at me if you like, the dome glass does look funny
3. What is the damage in value that I'm looking at (non-ori glass on a vintage GS)? - Not flipping it, just wondering about the damage.

Thanks.
teck

Offline Cocas

Re: Advice need - Vintage Grand Seiko
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
Hello fellow sifus,

In life, stuff happens.

My vintage grand seiko 5646-7010 was accidentally dropped and the glass shattered (my heart broken at the same time). It was brought to a watch shop and a dome glass was put on immediately (I wasn't sure whether it is a good decision, I just don't want the dial to be exposed for too long).

I have a couple of questions running in my mind and would like to seek advice from fellow sifus:

1. I would like to get the movement checked (and serviced), is there a recommended place in KL?
2. Should I get a flat glass to replace the dome glass? - Laugh at me if you like, the dome glass does look funny
3. What is the damage in value that I'm looking at (non-ori glass on a vintage GS)? - Not flipping it, just wondering about the damage.

Thanks.
teck

The original glass is preferred in view of best water resistance.

Offline teck

Re: Advice need - Vintage Grand Seiko
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
Hello fellow sifus,

In life, stuff happens.

Thanks.
teck

The original glass is preferred in view of best water resistance.
Noted, will try to hunt for it.

???? EVA-L19 ?? Tapatalk??