Author Topic: Share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco  (Read 16027 times)

Offline Yoda

Share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco
« on: November 30, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »

Please share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco. Like to see if my case is an isolated case.

Like to share my experience about Marco. They do not have capable technician and all the AD could not support a simple battery change.
My son's G Shock ran out of battery and i approach the AD they said all G Shock battery change must be sent back to HQ i.e Marco.
So i did that when i sent in the techinician said need to change entire movement. That give me a shock more the G SHOCK  :Startled:
The watch is only 3 years old. Told me the change of movement is equivalent to the cost of the watch when he quoted me.
I told him its not an old watch why need to change movement. Claimed that even if change battery of no use.
I told the counter staff Forget It.
Subsequently on my trip to Japan i took the watch and try my luck if Yodobashi in Tokyo which i visited can change the battery. Well just a 20min wait all done up. The watch has been running for a year already without problems.
Perhaps Marco really have no qualified technician or perhaps they are given high KPIs to change movement. So my impression is Marco tak boleh lah
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline andrewhtf

• Freshie
Re: Share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:09:06 AM »
well they are THE ONLY authorised service centre in msia, and i have no idea who else would be willing to open up and work on a g-shock.

about 7 years back i did change my battery of my gshock with Marco, no problem. however that model of mine has known issues of battery not holding charge and also dead LCD. but at that time only the battery gave me problem and LCD works fine. my LCD darkening only happen since 4-5 years ago.

after this episode i no longer believe in perception that g-shock is built to last. no point paying premium for a quartz that only last as long as a cheapo. at least with a cheapo, pakai-rosak-buang without heart pain. easily replaceable. with this g-shock i am stuck with a watch that runs but cant wear because the face is hardly readable and resin strap cracking waiting to break. will i buy another g-shock? doubt so. at most i would go for pasar malam version that is significantly cheaper and very much dispensable.

after all i am no extreme sportsman and i dont venture to the end of the world. busuk2 at most go hike some jungle trail and a dip by the beach, which i believe ANY 30m water resistant quartz can take on without issue.

Offline Yoda

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 07:09:57 AM »
I got my first G Shock in 1986 that was really build to last. Battery if not mistaken served me 8 years and can change in any watch shop. Even the strap i can change in a non Casio AD.
But now the Casio AD do not change battery for you. Ask you to go to Marco. Isn't that inconvenient.

I think Marco needs to re evaluate their support on service. I still have faith in G Shock but not Marco

Yoda

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »
Its a known issue with Marco service centre. My friend kena the same tactic a few years back, went in for a battery change an got quoted for a movement replacement.

I think the issue with them is that they don't know how to reset the movement after a battery change so they directly replace a new movement which is set up from factory with the battery. One thing with G Shocks is that after a battery change, it needs a reset procedure before it starts functioning again, those who don't know about this will say that movement rosak.

In the end, I replaced the battery for him anyway, not that difficult if you know what movement you're dealing with and the reset procedures plus tools.  Battery is darn cheap around RM3.

AFAIK, there are some shops in KL which does the replacement for G Shock battery though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:35:30 AM by JeepWH »
Seiko fan.....

Offline Yoda

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »
So meaning when no battery change whole movement. Sure fulfill their KPIs.

But customers are slowly turning away. Wonder if those Japanese knows about all this non sense.

Yoda

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
You should send an email to Casio Japan regarding this issue.
Seiko fan.....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 07:37:05 PM »
Agree with JeepWH. Casio Japan must be informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Cocas

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:00:10 AM »
Casio G-shock division must tighten up its service center quality of service level.

Especially, the G-Shock MRG & MTG range watch that need special attention due its its high price tag!

Offline Everdying

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 06:13:54 AM »
yea, the Marco techs are abit incompetent.
i once asked about ordering a new bezel for a steel model, then they told me not recommended as the whole internal also needed to be changed...
while i knew for a fact from a forumer on watchuseek that that was not the case.

as for informing casio japan, i did mention to marco that i will mention their incompetence to japan...but they just ignored.

Offline andrewhtf

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 06:16:34 AM »
i sent a query to Casio International though but so far no response yet.

**update**

just got a reply. this seals the casket on my old G.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:47:02 AM by andrewhtf »

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 05:20:14 PM »
i sent a query to Casio International though but so far no response yet.

**update**

just got a reply. this seals the casket on my old G.

This is the case with older Seiko, Citizen, Orients. They don't support movements that are discontinued for more than 10 years.
Seiko fan.....

Offline Yoda

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »
Agree with JeepWH. Casio Japan must be informed.

I guess we are doing Casio a favour by giving a feedback about their incompetent technician to the Japanese Casio. But before that I woild like to gather more Bad experience from you guys otherwise they may shoot down my feedback citing an isolated case.

Yoda

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 06:35:00 PM »
Creata a petition to Casio HQ

Offline mwfchai

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 07:25:47 AM »
I have a GShock GW1401D. It steel digital-analog. 8-9 yrs old and not even 10yrs old.

It doesnt hold charge as its a solar battery. So I sent it to Marco to change as well, the AD can't replace and I believe they need to replace the seal too. My other old baby g was replaced elsewhere and it leaked so kudos to them to have that policy to replace seal.

Same case, they replaced it but I notice it won't charge full and send it back again. Oh, now they said module faulty, needs replacement...i screwed them upside down....quoted me to replace..i said ik..they replaced,AD nvr ask for payment. .I didn't bother to pay. ...and watch still can't hold charge.

Made me think twice of getting a gshock nowadays....although i like the rangeman.  Maybe a full digital uses less power and battery lasts longer? I dunno..hmm...

Pity youngsters nowadays that buy gshock. ..lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »
Similar situation with me too. My old Edifice, ana-digi display having problems with the analog display. Excuse is that they don't service an outdated Casio and that they no longer stock the rubber seal for the casing (tonneau shape).

Offline asimo

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
Last few months I tried to change battery of my gshock gravity .. went to a few Shops and gfactory at Sunway /Fahrenheit /Pavillion , and was told to go to Marco to change battery ... I really don't understand the rational , just changing the battery can be done by even Gfactory

End up , my friend recommended me a small watch shop at summit USJ n got it changed ..

Now I really think twice if want to buy another Gshock .. the hassle involved despite it is not a luxury watch

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »
Last few months I tried to change battery of my gshock gravity .. went to a few Shops and gfactory at Sunway /Fahrenheit /Pavillion , and was told to go to Marco to change battery ... I really don't understand the rational , just changing the battery can be done by even Gfactory

End up , my friend recommended me a small watch shop at summit USJ n got it changed ..

Now I really think twice if want to buy another Gshock .. the hassle involved despite it is not a luxury watch

Like I said above, changing a G Shock battery is easy. But the leceh part is the resetting procedure or the watch may not function at all or act funny (some functions not working or display goes crazy)
Seiko fan.....

Offline Yoda

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »

Jeep ,

Like what you stated its not difficult to reset how come these trained technician not trained. They are doing a deservice to the G Shock fan. I suggest you give them a training lesson.

Anymore bad experience to share?

Like I said above, changing a G Shock battery is easy. But the leceh part is the resetting procedure or the watch may not function at all or act funny (some functions not working or display goes crazy)

Yoda

Offline Cocas

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
 :o after having read you guys comments, it really makes think twice whether to get MTG / MRG or not.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 07:36:10 AM »

Jeep ,

Like what you stated its not difficult to reset how come these trained technician not trained. They are doing a deservice to the G Shock fan. I suggest you give them a training lesson.

Anymore bad experience to share?

Bro Yoda, ask them to go Google. I learnt from Google too.  ;D

:o after having read you guys comments, it really makes think twice whether to get MTG / MRG or not.

Hi Cocas, AFAIK the MRG & MTG  models are distributed by Cortina Watch in Malaysia, and the servicing is direct Casio Japan and not done locally.
Seiko fan.....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

I got the same reservations as well. Wanted to get the GPS GShock but now...

Offline Everdying

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
Hi Cocas, AFAIK the MRG & MTG  models are distributed by Cortina Watch in Malaysia, and the servicing is direct Casio Japan and not done locally.

i think its only for the MRG.
MTG is a common model.

anyway, i cant wear the MTG...its too big.
the MRG size wise its just about at the limit...but the price is zzz.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47:06 AM »

i think its only for the MRG.
MTG is a common model.

anyway, i cant wear the MTG...its too big.
the MRG size wise its just about at the limit...but the price is zzz.

Thanks for the info.

Yup the price is like  :o . With that range I'd rather save up for a GS.  ;D
Seiko fan.....

Offline Everdying

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 09:20:34 AM »
Thanks for the info.

actually instead of MRG, better get the astron :P
but  gshockaholics will always be...as there are ppl out there who actually still buy MRG.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the info.

actually instead of MRG, better get the astron :P
but  gshockaholics will always be...as there are ppl out there who actually still buy MRG.

Haha, Astron not my cup of tea. Rather prefer mechanical watches.

Everyone has their favorite watches anyway, like seikoholics.....who'll still buy GS although they can get an Omega or Rolex at approx the same price.
Seiko fan.....